how do i replace an existing rune?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yviz.1053

Yviz.1053

I have a ring with a rune/upgrade component that I want to replace with a better one but I can’t seem to do it. The item becomes ‘red’ when I try to drag the new rune over it. If that is not possible, how do I remove the rune from an item without destroying the item?

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Jewelry and armor don’t always use the same types of upgrades. It might be that the item you’re trying to use to upgrade isn’t compatible with the ring.

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

there are gear level requirements for upgrades. I don’t really know the specific ranges but you can’t put a level 80 rune on a piece of level 10 armor. chances are you need to upgrade the ring to use the better rune.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

wait…so let me make this clear

runes are for armor
sigils are for weapons
orbs/upgrade components are for jewels

You can’t replace an upgrade component on a jewel with a rune because runes are for armor not accessories.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Yviz.1053

The item is part of the CE, Hero’s Band of Might, and I used a crappy white +3 Power rune and I want to replace it with the rune Sunstone Nugget (+5 Power, +1% MF).

Posted by: Watari.1037

Watari.1037

Sunstone Nugget requires a lv20 item. Hero’s Band would be considered too ‘low’ to use it on, believe that’s what’s causing your problems.

Yviz.1053

runes are for armor
sigils are for weapons

You can’t replace an upgrade component on a jewel with a rune because runes are for armor not accessories.

Ah, I get it now. I thought I can just use any upgrade component for any item. I also noticed about the level requirement on the tooltip. I was able to replace a rune on my staff. Thanks everyone!

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

yeah the level requirement of runes etc refer to the level of the item, not the level of your character

on a side note in regard to the hero’s band i wouldn’t use it past a lvl 30-40, the amount of stats you get past that point is just insignificant on the band then. The exact lvl to replace would depend on your class/build some make better use of many different stats where other get more out of more but fewer different ones

(edited by GummiBear.2756)

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

runes are for armor
sigils are for weapons

One thing: You can apply orbs or lower gems like pebbles, nuggets etc into armour if you want. It don’t apply to Jewels which can only be applied to trinkets(the one crafted with gemstone+Filigree)