how is the mailing limit on new accounts determined

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I bought a second account just so I could mail items back and forth to my main characters when every I wanted. What I found is that my second account can not mail any items.

How is the limit determined and is there a goal I have to reach so I can unlock the ability to mail unlimited items back and forth.

Posted by: Anethma.2169

Anethma.2169

Why not stop being lazy and put it in the bank?
Bank not big enough? You bought two accounts, you could have expanded your bank.

illgot.1056

my bank is expanded about 5 slots and so is my main character.

Space is not the issue, it is finding an item on the TP and mailing it to my main character without having to leave the area I am currently at.

I can have 2 accounts active at the same time (PC & laptop) but it is useless without the ability to mail items.

Posted by: ericade.3807

ericade.3807

I’d like a real answer to this rather than troll comments too…. I picked this game up with a friend and it’s strange having an mmo where everything you get is entirely personal besides gear drops

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

I don’t understand why u need to mail items to yourself. can u clarify the reason.

Posted by: ericade.3807

ericade.3807

I don’t mail it to myself, but having some means to give items to friends is usually nice.

illgot.1056

I don’t understand why u need to mail items to yourself. can u clarify the reason.

I have 2 accounts which I keep active at the same time.

I have 1 account on my gaming PC, this is my primary account.

I have 1 account on my laptop, this is my secondary account.

My primary account has the characters I actively play.

My secondary account watches general chat, buys and sells items on the Trade Post.

My primary account should never have to hit town, because my secondary account buys and sells everything and purchases gathering tools to mail to my main account.

BUT with this limitation my second account is useless, even my guild bank is blocked due to this limit.

It is starting to tick me off, I’ll be calling about a refund if I do not find out what goal I have to reach to permanently unlock this block.

Posted by: Nukum.4502

Nukum.4502

Well illgot, I’m afraid you’re never going to get an answer from AN until they open up more forums that allow asking the developers questions. This forum is “Players Helping Players”, ergo no AN answers.

That having been said, I believe it has to do with blocking gold sellers from opening accounts and immediately going to work sending large amounts of gold through the mail. I read somewhere that it is a limit for the account for 30 days. So hopefully after 30 days you will be able to freely mail back and forth to your mule.

illgot.1056

Well illgot, I’m afraid you’re never going to get an answer from AN until they open up more forums that allow asking the developers questions. This forum is “Players Helping Players”, ergo no AN answers.

That having been said, I believe it has to do with blocking gold sellers from opening accounts and immediately going to work sending large amounts of gold through the mail. I read somewhere that it is a limit for the account for 30 days. So hopefully after 30 days you will be able to freely mail back and forth to your mule.

I can wait out the 30 days. I searched around and can’t figure out if it is based on achievements, time played, or level of characters, or if you build up access just by hours spent logged in.

Posted by: Nukum.4502

Nukum.4502

I think it has to do with earning power. You can’t mail more than that character has earned from kills and quests. The more you play that toon, the more it earns and the more it can transfer. Or something along those lines.

illgot.1056

I think it has to do with earning power. You can’t mail more than that character has earned from kills and quests. The more you play that toon, the more it earns and the more it can transfer. Or something along those lines.

If that is the case then this second account is completely useless to me.

Posted by: Vortex.3604

Vortex.3604

Just ran into this same issue….Did anyone figure out exactly what one needs to do to be able to mail items?

Is it just 30 days? Do i need to be logged in for 30 days real time? Whats the story?