how long elite skills take to earn

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: winterlove.6834

winterlove.6834

a ballpark figure many hours or can u get them relatively fast want for wvw the elite special

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

The elite skills take hero points. It all depends on fast you acquire the hero points you need. I had all hero points from core Tyria when HoT came out and only needed 4 from HoT so that means not long. My other half has not done all the ones in the core game so he’s done about 12 in HoT and just finished his elite.

By the way the hero points in core are worth one point while the ones in HoT are worth 10 each.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

You can also tome up a freshly created toon which gives you enough points for the base specs (you need to train them before you unlock elites). From there you need I think 250? points for fully unlocked elite spec. Which can be acquired in the HOT maps quicker since those HPs are worth 10 pts each whereas core tyria HPs are only 1 pt each.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

You can also tome up a freshly created toon which gives you enough points for the base specs (you need to train them before you unlock elites). From there you need I think 250? points for fully unlocked elite spec. Which can be acquired in the HOT maps quicker since those HPs are worth 10 pts each whereas core tyria HPs are only 1 pt each.

It can be frustrating to get the points to max elite skills in HoT due to the content gates behind masteries. Doable for sure but you might want to level by tomes and then do HPs both in the old and new world depending how things are going for you.

A lot of HoT points will take a mastery or a group to get. For the group ones, do ask for help in chat if you need it. You can almost always get some help and it usually just takes 1-2 to help out.

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Getting the hero points (250 assuming you tome-d up your toon) can be hard if it’s your first time in HoT(no masteries- probably no experience- probably alone) so it might take you a while. I suggest you’d look for a HP train, or even start one. I know there’s 9(90 points) hero points in VB that are soloable, and require a few low tier masteries(gliding and maybe bouncing- just maybe). There’s also 2 easy ones in Auric Basin, one requires gliding and one requires nothing. There’s also 3 masteries in AB that you should get easy- you only need 1 more person to help you. Talking about Mushroom HP/Arrowhead HP/Tarnished Traitor(opened after battle in tarir meta) HP.
After this, I would run to Dragon’s Stand(skipping TD). All the points there are fairly easy to get.
All in all, this should take you from a few hours to a few days, depending on how fast you can get a HP train group.
Don’t worry tho, getting 250 hero points the second time is incredibly easy, because you already know what to do.

Posted by: Nerzul.6875

Nerzul.6875

Just play WvW, you can earn Proof of Heroics there and buy the hero points from the Horoics Notary:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Proof_of_Heroics
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heroics_Notary

You can unlock the elite just by playing WvW.

Cheers,
Nerzl

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

If you have the most masteries it takes a couple of hours to max out elite spec. It’s very easy, ask for help for the harder ones.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

Check youtube and dulfy for the heropoint guides. Start with the ones that can be solo’ed – there are a few in that you just need to fly/glide to. Then find some that are close to a waypoint and advertise in mapchat or in the LFG tool that you are doing them and sooner or later you will get 2-3 people which is enough in most cases. Also you can check the LFG tool or the map chat for other people who are advertising. Took me 2 hours but I had the majority of the HoT zones and waypoints discovered beforehand.

Edit: Also do NOT do the WvW way, it is much slower.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Right, I assumed if the OP had that many tomes laying around that he/she also had the mastered required for HOT maps. Never assume.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

You do not have to earn any hero points what so ever outside of wvw. Just join wvw, play it and you will get Proof of Heroic. For this you buy random HoT hero points from a vendor in spawn. If you are a frequent players on a populated server this should not take that long at all.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

There are hero point trains forming all of the time. I would suggest looking in the “looking for a group” section and seeing if you can join some. You might get left behind if you can’t keep up due to lack of masteries, but you will probably be able to get a few of them done.