how to change the stats on weapons ascended?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nerone.1724

Nerone.1724

Hello everyone. I wanted to know what mats are used for changing weapons stat ascended.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

From the patch notes

Added a Mystic Forge recipe to change the stats on ascended weapons and armor. The recipe is as follows:

• Ingredient 1: An ascended weapon or armor piece.
  • Ingredient 2: The exotic insignia or inscription for the desired stats.
  • Ingredient 3: Five globs of ectoplasm.
  • Ingredient 4: An Anthology of Heroes, purchased from Miyani for 10 spirit shards.

Result: A piece of ascended gear with the stats of the inscription or insignia of the same type as the piece of gear that went in.
Example: Zojja’s Claymore + Knight’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription + Five Globs of Ectoplasm + Anthology of Heroes = Beigarth’s Claymore
NOTE: All upgrades are lost as part of this conversion.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just to be clear, you are NOT changing the stats on your existing weapon.

You are using your existing weapon to obtain another one that CAN have different stats. Note that all upgrades on your existing weapon will be destroyed in the process.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: War Gravy.6570

War Gravy.6570

I’m sorry, can you clarify by what you mean by all upgrades will be destroyed? If you change the stats on an (infused) ascended ring, will it no longer be (infused), or will you still be able to include a +10 agony infusion? Are the slots in the equipment still existent or are they destroyed along with the upgrades?

(edited by War Gravy.6570)

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I’m sorry, can you clarify by what you mean by all upgrades will be destroyed? If you change the stats on an (infused) ascended ring, will it no longer be (infused), or will you still be able to include a +10 agony infusion? Are the slots in the equipment still existent or are they destroyed along with the upgrades?

You can’t change stats on trinkets. The recipe only works for armors and weapons.

Posted by: War Gravy.6570

War Gravy.6570

Thanks, Olba! That answers my question.