how to enter same build as my friend?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

i invited my friend to party, and we are at same location, that can be seen from minimap but we cant see each others characters. i have teleport to friend item and i tried it, but it said “you cant teleport to a player in another build”
so how?
and if its (omg) not possible then can gw2 staff do something about it?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That just means one of you have the latest patch and the other person doesn’t. Just have the person without the patch download the latest patch.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

If it is not about different builds but about different map instances then after you are in the same party you can
1. select the friend and choose enter same map instance (can’t remember the exact wording).
or 2. Exit the map by going to character selection then log back onto the same character. You should be in the same instance.

In the future form the party before joining your friend in their map instance.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If it is not about different builds but about different map instances then after you are in the same party you can
1. select the friend and choose enter same map instance (can’t remember the exact wording).
or 2. Exit the map by going to character selection then log back onto the same character. You should be in the same instance.

In the future form the party before joining your friend in their map instance.

That’s not the OP’s problem.

OP’s problem is either he or his friend has/had not patched.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

1. join party
  2. be in same map zone.
  3. right click on black outline of player you want to join and select JOIN IN…..

Bingo!

Now if they are in a full map, they will need to join you.

If either needs a patch, the game will automatically attempt to patch when the next map travel happens. You cannot WP or zone to another map if you need patching (attempting to do so will restart the game and initiate the download).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)