im new looking for friends//and a guild

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MjlFrack.5718

MjlFrack.5718

Hello I’m MjlFrack and I’m new,
Not to the Guild Wars franchise but to finally being able to enjoy the experience I’ve much been waiting for by being able to play Guild Wars 2…..and yes I know I’m a little late. Which means I have some catching up to do.
I used to play the first Guild Wars when it came out while I was high school. I loved the game, created a guild with a cool cape (Guardians of Ascalon) , and made some pretty good friends. However the computer I used was my parent’s and it was poop. It got to a point where it would crash if I got into any kinda battle. Sadly I had to stop playing. Years ago I was able to obtain the complete set of Guild Wars and played for a bit. I wasn’t able to reconnect with anyone I had played with previously bc I coudnt get into my old account. The best thing was though, I saw someone running around with my old Guild Tag so I looked it up and my Guild had grew very well. I didn’t see any of the original people who I founded the guild with I though that was pretty cool. I cant remember as of right now why I didn’t continue to play.
Now I’m finally back for good and looking to really enhance my playing experience by connecting with good people and looking for an active guild to help me out and id let to participate in some PvP and WvW.
As of right now, I only have my highest character at lvl 12. I do have an unused lvl 80 boost, and would be willing to use it towards a build/character needed in a guild for PvP purposes if a guild doesn’t have enough variety.

Attachments:

FRACK OUT!!

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Welcome to the future, then! Things have changed a little, so make certain you catch all the lore out there to get yourself back up to speed on what’s happened in the 2 centuries since you left.

If you want, you can add me to your friend list. I’m always happy to have a new friend to run around Tyria with. To do so, just add my user name (with the .XXXX) to your friends list (default: Y) and it should pop up. (I say this just in case you aren’t aware how.) As for the guild, though, there are a few options:
*Try the “Looking For” forum in the community section. There are tons of guilds advertising for new members there.
*Go to any starting zone or city and watch map chat for guild invites. People are constantly advertising, so it’s easy enough to find one you might like.
*Talk to your friends and see if any of their guilds have an opening. I don’t know if you have any RL friends who play, but the people you travel with will surely be more than happy to find you a guild or three.

That’s the other thing: you can have up to 5 guilds per account, so don’t be afraid to join one right away and feel trapped. If you don’t like a guild, you can later leave it, or just neglect it until you find at least 4 others that you do like.

Posted by: Saurrec.6402

Saurrec.6402

Hey if you are in NA severs add me. I could help you in PvP.

A physical disability hasn’t stopped me from being a Polite, Helpful, & Badkitten player.

MjlFrack.5718

Hey if you are in NA severs add me. I could help you in PvP.

Thanks, I’ll give you an add.

FRACK OUT!!

Posted by: Kira Wei.2361

Kira Wei.2361

If you are NA you are welcome to add me to your friends list. I am on most evenings

MjlFrack.5718

If you are NA you are welcome to add me to your friends list. I am on most evenings

Awesome, thank you. Where you from?? I’m from Muncie, In.

FRACK OUT!!

MjlFrack.5718

Welcome to the future, then! Things have changed a little, so make certain you catch all the lore out there to get yourself back up to speed on what’s happened in the 2 centuries since you left.

If you want, you can add me to your friend list. I’m always happy to have a new friend to run around Tyria with. To do so, just add my user name (with the .XXXX) to your friends list (default: Y) and it should pop up. (I say this just in case you aren’t aware how.) As for the guild, though, there are a few options:
*Try the “Looking For” forum in the community section. There are tons of guilds advertising for new members there.
*Go to any starting zone or city and watch map chat for guild invites. People are constantly advertising, so it’s easy enough to find one you might like.
*Talk to your friends and see if any of their guilds have an opening. I don’t know if you have any RL friends who play, but the people you travel with will surely be more than happy to find you a guild or three.

That’s the other thing: you can have up to 5 guilds per account, so don’t be afraid to join one right away and feel trapped. If you don’t like a guild, you can later leave it, or just neglect it until you find at least 4 others that you do like.

Yes, and I figured I would be able to find friends/Guild in game however, I could use the forums while I wasn’t in game. I work long hours and thought this would be a good way to meet some people and learn more about the game while I wasn’t home.

I have been trying to recruit some of my RL world friends and I have one friend playing off and on with now, and I’m still trying to recruit more lol. Also I haven’t seen anyone with a cape, did ANet squash that idea??

FRACK OUT!!