legendary weapons

legendary weapons

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: czerwoni.9563

czerwoni.9563

so im starting to make my first legendary weapons and my gwad is there soo much to do. im starting hope and predator. are there any tips out there?

More Violets I Say Less Violence

legendary weapons

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I recommend picking just 1 legendary to work on at a time. They need a lot of the same stuff so trying to make 2 together will slow you down a lot.

I also recommend thoroughly researching everything you need and where it comes from now (some people make lists or spreadsheets, some people just remember it). You don’t want to be the person who has everything except the Gift of Exploration and then learns it comes from 100% map completion, which you’ve avoided because you hate doing it.

There are a lot of things like that – you need lots of Mystic Coins which are time-gated or expensive, if you’re crafting the precusor you need lots of time-gated ascended materials, you need 100% map completion and tokens from WvW and PvP etc.

It’s best to start the stuff that will take a long time and/or you hate doing right at the beginning – even if you won’t need it to the end – so you can space it out.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

legendary weapons

Posted by: czerwoni.9563

czerwoni.9563

sooo map completion shall be the first step lol luckily im at 60% already on my thief. HoT map was easier for me to travel as theif lol.

thank you for the spread sheet idea i shall make one to keep track of stuff.

More Violets I Say Less Violence

legendary weapons

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Go for mystic clovers first before obtaining all of the T6 fine materials. The mystic clover recipe yields those mats. When doing mystic clovers, do the single recipe instead of the one for ten. You’ll be closer to the 33% drop rate and not run into the issues that people do with the other recipe when they spend twice as many mats.

I’d personally buy the PvP/WvW tokens as it’s more time efficient to do so. However, do this after completing the WvW reward track for the gift of battle. You’d get WvW tokens while doing that. If you dislike fighting other players, most of the WvW dailies don’t involve that so you can just focus on those every day. I think doing three WvW dailies every day completed the reward track within about a month.

Obsidian shards can be obtained from Silverwastes or bought with karma. You can spend 50% less karma from the HoT map vendors in exchange for map currencies. There are also other sources as well such as the HoT currency converter and guild hall commendation vendor to name a few. Karma can be farmed on the LS maps that have the karmic retribution buff that you can buy with unbound magic.

For spirit shards, currently the best way to farm them is the leather farm when it’s running. I was averaging about 30 spirit shards an hour. This of course requires you to have maxed all HoT/LS3/raid masteries. In October, the lab farm can theoretically yield 60 spirit shards an hour and you only need to have maxed core Tyria masteries.

For world completion, there are several guides which show optimal routes. I think there are a few that have been updated to include gliding and usage of waypoints to save time.

legendary weapons

Posted by: ClockworkRaja.1732

ClockworkRaja.1732

I have been crafting Frostfang for my Ranger, and I must admit that at times I have seriously thought about giving it up. just some of the components are next to impossible to get. Yes, I understand that it is a legendary but I am just trying to figure out of the stats are really worth grinding out 1000 Orichalcum ingots, to say nothing of having to do the grind in WVW to get the Gift of battles.

I came, I saw, I was very confused

legendary weapons

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My main advice is: take your time. Rushing puts pressure on you that most people don’t need in a game. And often, people burn out — instead of enjoying their new shiny, they are exhausted and want a break. Push yourself some? Sure, just keep a measured pace.

For example, I’m not a big fan of map completion, so I limit myself to no more than one map a night and no more than a few nights of mapping per week. It takes me 3-4x as long as some people, but I find I’m generally 3-4x happier about the process too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

legendary weapons

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Don’t grind all the Orichalcum yourself – do stuff you enjoy and buy most of it off the TP instead. Spread it out. Do this in regards to all the stuff you find slow/tedious to get yourself – put up buy orders of a little at a time and you’ll make steady progress without going completely broke all the time.

Do easy WvW dailies – it was one of the things I feared most when I set out to make Howler, but it really turned out pretty simple. Get started on that early and pop into WvW when the activity is low and just kill some guards, capture ruins and camps, and be prepared to get defeated if you run into a player. Your reward track keeps ticking even when you run back, so getting killed is really no big deal!

legendary weapons

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have been crafting Frostfang for my Ranger, and I must admit that at times I have seriously thought about giving it up. just some of the components are next to impossible to get. Yes, I understand that it is a legendary but I am just trying to figure out of the stats are really worth grinding out 1000 Orichalcum ingots, to say nothing of having to do the grind in WVW to get the Gift of battles.

If you’re making it for the stats then I’m sorry to tell you it’s absolutely, definitely not worth it.

Legendaries have identical stats to ascended weapons (which are a lot cheaper and easier to make). The only difference functionally is that you can swap the stats on a legendary instantly instead of using the Mystic Forge.

The benefit of legendaries is the unique skins and effects they have. It’s part of the design of GW2 that stats and other things you need to play should be easy to get, and any grind or long-term goals should be for purely cosmetic things each person can choose to go for or ignore.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

legendary weapons

Posted by: Make Rye Known.6273

Make Rye Known.6273

Hello:)

As the others said take it easy, the first legendary can be quite exhausting and even confusing at times.
But I’d say that you should go for a Vanilla legendary first as the hot ones take a lot longer to aquire.
Predator costs about 2100 gold to make while H.O.P.E requires almost 1k more gold to make. (3090g)
Also one of the things I have found to help a lot is to farm nodes while you do map completion, for the base mats that will be needed:) You also get some mats while farming wvw for gift of battle, when taking castles.
Finding a farm guild that does farm trains will also help a lot.
And setting up an account on gw2 efficiency and linking your account to it, makes everything much easier to keep track off, as it can see everything in your bags and bank, so you will slowly but steadily see the required gold become lower and lower:)
And lastly my first legendary took me around 3 months, while the last one I did took around 3 weeks. So it’s all about taking it slow and use the techniques you learn from the first one on the second one when you reach that goal:) It’s all trial and error really^^
Hope you could use the tips and gl on your legendary hunt:D!

And don’t fall into the mystic toilet unless you have very thick skin
Rye