logitech g510 and what can I do with it?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zadi.2784

Zadi.2784

I just got it and the lights are pretty but what can I do with the g buttons on the side? They seem like they would be cumbersome to use during combat, since they are not within a natural stretch for my fingers. But they have to be good for something within games. Just looking for some insight, thanks!

Posted by: madhatter.1639

madhatter.1639

You can program macros to those keys. So for example. You usually like to use skill b after skill a. You can program one of the g keys to press button 1, pause, then press button 2.

Posted by: Theta Zero.9023

Theta Zero.9023

Press the MR button at the top left to start recording your macro, then press the keys you want to bind. Finish by pressing the MR button again.

Im not sure how to add pauses though.

Posted by: madhatter.1639

madhatter.1639

You can do it using the software provided with the keyboard.

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

Is it allowed? Programming macros on your keyboard? Gaming publishers tend to ban people for that, I’m not sure with GW2, was there an official statement yet about macros set in gaming keyboards?

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: BrknSoul.6047

BrknSoul.6047

Is it allowed? Programming macros on your keyboard? Gaming publishers tend to ban people for that, I’m not sure with GW2, was there an official statement yet about macros set in gaming keyboards?

Usually it’s fine, so long as you don’t use the Delay features of those devices.

For example, Binding a G-Key to Ctrl+Alt+1 would be fine, but having a G-Key press 1, wait two seconds, press 2, wait another two seconds and press 1 again would not be OK.

Posted by: Zadi.2784

Zadi.2784

Ah this would be definitely something I will look more into! And thanks for the replies!

Posted by: DHK.8406

DHK.8406

Usually it’s fine, so long as you don’t use the Delay features of those devices.

For example, Binding a G-Key to Ctrl+Alt+1 would be fine, but having a G-Key press 1, wait two seconds, press 2, wait another two seconds and press 1 again would not be OK.

This is not true. Unless Arenanet has changed their stance.

In the past Arenanet reps have said they will not comment on which macros are OK and which are not. They said that players should feel free to use their keyboards as they see fit however that any method that allows the game to be played without a user having to control the character could be construed as botting and could result in a ban.

Which macros rise to the level of botting and which don’t they have never said specifically.

Posted by: Aphasia.1803

Aphasia.1803

But wouldn,t it be pretty useless to macro something if you dont include delay?To program skill attack you need to measure the delay for it to execute before pressing the next button, otherwise the macro wont work. IF you can’t do that , then what’s the point.