''lost'' an almost completed legendary

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: bazul.4506

bazul.4506

So last week i finally finished the last collection for the legend, all was good I was happy and looking forward to crafting the last step. But when I went to craft it I noticed I did not have Spirit of the Perfected Staff.
It is fine I probably forgot to salvage the staff so I search for it in my inventory.
It does not show up.
I cycle all my characters through three or four times searching for anything that might make it show up, I have my gf look manually through it all thinking I’m just blind to it.
It does not show up.
I go to gw2efficiency to see if I might have accidentally thrown it out; it says I have the perfected staff, but not where.
I made a ticket to support as a last resort but I have not gotten any replies.
So if anyone knows how to locate a missing item please inform me, because losing an almost done precursor REALY SUCKS!
Tldr; making the legend, perfected staff gone, gw2efficiency says I have it but not where. Please help.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

On this page: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/overview

What does it say exactly when you enter the name of the item in the search box?

bazul.4506

it says items not found, but according to https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/29180-The-Legend

it says i own perfected staff

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Did you check to see if it’s equipped on one of your characters?

You could also try speaking to Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in the crafting area in LA. He will replace lost or deleted legendary components.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

Just await the reply from support, they’re usually very fast.
If the item really is destroyed, they’re likely to give you a new one.

bazul.4506

i have checked to see if it is equipped, it is not, it does not show up at Hobbs.
i made another ticket earlier today since the last one was made about a week ago (i think)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Making new tickets slows things down. Add your ticket number to the “days old ticket” thread in the support section. Also, check your spam filter – GW2 emails often end up there with some email providers.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oops, don’t make new tickets. If you don’t get an answer to your first ticket in three days, they have a place in the Support Forum (I think — I know it’s somewhere) to submit the ticket number for further review. All making a new ticket does is confuse matters and send you to the back of the line again.

bazul.4506

think i have discovered a mistake, the ticket i made to support was via the ingame tool so it might have been ended up the wrong place. making one via https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new now (which looks like the right place)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

think i have discovered a mistake, the ticket i made to support was via the ingame tool so it might have been ended up the wrong place. making one via https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new now (which looks like the right place)

Ahh…well, those aren’t Tickets, but in-game Bug Reports, and as indicated on the Bug Report window, will garner no response.

You should receive the near-immediate automated response from submitting a Support Ticket, and a CS Team Member will address your concerns once your ticket makes it through the queue. It may take a bit longer than usual, as there is an increased volume of tickets whenever a major patch/release happens, or any major change to the game.

Good luck.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

1. Open your bank
2. Make sure all tabs are open/not collapsed
3. Enter “Perfect” into the search bar at the top of the bank window.
4. Look at character’s equipment. Make absolutely sure Perfected Staff isn’t wielded.
5. Open inventory.
6. Make sure all bags are open/not collapsed.
7. Enter “Perfect” into the search bar at the top of the inventory window.
8. Failing that, repeat steps 4-8 on a different character until all are checked.

bazul.4506

Thanks for the suggestion but that was exactly what I did at first, but after those three rounds going through all my characters (and bank) I decided to go to:
Step 9: contact support and hope for the best
And now I wait

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You didn’t do something weird like transmute it did you? Not sure if a search will cover a transmuted item but maybe it does. My first 2 guesses would have been collapsed bags or it is equipped though.

bazul.4506

just wanted to give an update, support have now sendt me a replacement spirit of the perfected staff.
so thanks support and to everyone that wanted to help by giving advise,
it means a lot to me