low FPS fix.

low FPS fix.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lergigan.4689

Lergigan.4689

Hi.

This is a old trick that did work for WoW and SWTOR.

I am not sure but i think it force the game to use more graphic memory and the computer will share the RAM as graphic memory. And what i remeber it only works on DX9 games. Dont know if gw2 is dx9 only or mabe this is forceing the game to run dx9 ? Anyway my FPS did go from 25-35 to 45-60 and looks good.

I run gw2 on: Nvidia 560ti 1500mb, 12gb RAM, AMD Phenom II X2 3400.

Just try it and see if it works for u to. Just uncheck the box again to remove it.

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.
2. Right click on GW2.exe and select properties.
3. Once the properties window is open you will then choose the compatibility tab.
4. Mark the box that says “Run this program in compatibilty mode”
5. Chose “Windows XP service pack 3”
6. Click “Ok.”
7. Double click GW2.exe to run the game using these settings.

I dont know if this is the exact words listed in your windows becose my windows is not on english but it should be easy to find.

!! Make sure to know that ArenaNet dont recomend you to do this !! If you do its on your own risk.

(edited by Lergigan.4689)

low FPS fix.

Posted by: davisjack.5283

davisjack.5283

I did that because my game kept crashing after 20 mins and this fixed it I saw this idea on another site but you posting it here just re assured it!

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

I did this and noticed no change in performance. Still running at around 25fps (dropping to ~8fps when running into a new area) on max settings in Lion’s Arch.

Specs: 12GB ram, Nvidia GTX 560m 3gb, i7 2.2 GHz

(edited by Rynter.3975)

low FPS fix.

Posted by: MarcoJS.1452

MarcoJS.1452

does this really work? i get a decent fps, averaging at around 30, but i would like to increase it so i can run on slightly higher settings.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: remix.9856

remix.9856

I only get major FPS problems in WvW I wish I could increase my fps for that.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Daxios.1620

Daxios.1620

I didn’t notice any increase, I still sit around 50 fps on high settings.

6gig ram
gtx 570m
2,2 i5

low FPS fix.

Posted by: michalovski.7564

michalovski.7564

helped a lot. from 25 to 40!! thank u

low FPS fix.

Posted by: AngelofAwe.4972

AngelofAwe.4972

i don’t get why i can’t run GW2 better.

i usually have 20-25 fps when nothing is going on and in WvW it drops to 4-6 FPS making it unplayable. (on LOWEST graphics)

my computer (laptop) should easily be able to handle it. (Asus aspire 5750g)

Lv 80 Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Delirian.9853

Delirian.9853

I have 6 Gb RAM. GTX 670 and Core i7 2.7 MHz quad, and game runs very bad as well -_-

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Ifinvolga.1427

Ifinvolga.1427

i don’t know what happen but i usually have 15-20 fps and it was running smooth like 60-100 fps.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Zalastra.6290

Zalastra.6290

The only reason areanet will not advise this is for performance reasons. There’s no risk trying this whatsoever. Given the fact some people do notice a difference there are some things in the rendering path that will be changed depending on the OS the game runs on, and in some cases that might lead to a performance increase.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

This doesn’t increase FPS one bit if you are running any decent GPU. GW2 uses between 400-600mb video memory even on max settings. ‘’Forcing" the game to use some RAM as extra video memory won’t do anything for most people.

That’s where you’re wrong. I’m not sure what processor you have (probably i3-2350M or Core i5-2450M, neither are very good), but your graphics card (GT 610m or 630m) are probematic too. These have 64bit and 128bit memory bandwidth respectively. Yes that is low and that´s probably your bottleneck.

I did this and noticed no change in performance.

Problem is your CPU. Quad core is nice but there´s 99.99% chance hyperthreading doesn´t work with GW2, and 2.2Ghz is slow. The game probably doesn´t even use 20% of either your ram or video memory so the problem definitely isn´t there.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

low FPS fix.

AngelofAwe.4972

This doesn’t increase FPS one bit if you are running any decent GPU. GW2 uses between 400-600mb video memory even on max settings. ‘’Forcing" the game to use some RAM as extra video memory won’t do anything for most people.

That’s where you’re wrong. I’m not sure what processor you have (probably i3-2350M or Core i5-2450M, neither are very good), but your graphics card (GT 610m or 630m) are probematic too. These have 64bit and 128bit memory bandwidth respectively. Yes that is low and that´s probably your bottleneck.

I did this and noticed no change in performance.

Problem is your CPU. Quad core is nice but there´s 99.99% chance hyperthreading doesn´t work with GW2, and 2.2Ghz is slow. The game probably doesn´t even use 20% of either your ram or video memory so the problem definitely isn´t there.

no i have neither of those. my processor is …ah well i’ll just write down all it says here.

intel core i5-2410M 2,3 Ghz (turbo boost to 2,9Ghz)
nvidia geforce GT 540M 4095Mb turbocache
6GB DDR3 ram

Lv 80 Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by AngelofAwe.4972)

low FPS fix.

Posted by: megaseeker.5918

megaseeker.5918

Just so dat i kinow, what are the risks of doing this??

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Xerithas.6014

Xerithas.6014

I’m no expert, but for those of you that can, look into how hot your CPU etc is running.
I have an i5 750 (older 2.67 Ghz quad), HD 7850 and 12GB of RAM.

When I got GW2 things were a little choppy and WvW was unplayable.

I applied a very mild overclock (3 Ghz) and before I got a better case and a better cooling solution it wasn’t running much better, but after that it’s pretty smooth on full settings.

What’s frustrating me is I OC’d to 3.8 Ghz and that worked great for a while (still runs cool), but after one of the patches GW2 would crash when loading a character, will try again soon.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Dungfish.7509

Dungfish.7509

Gonna try this when I get home, thanks for the tip

Quick edit: I’ve got 8gb ram, i5 3450 3.1ghz, gtx 560ti, you think the change will help me a great deal?

Guardian

(edited by Dungfish.7509)

low FPS fix.

AngelofAwe.4972

my laptop runs freaking hot…dunno why asus built it like this. >.< hit 96 degrees celsius sometimes. never above that but when i play WvW or zerg events it hits 96 degrees within minutes.

Lv 80 Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

2 x Nvida 250 GTS, 1 gig video ram each, SLIed
.i7 2.8 ghz chip
P55 motherboard
8 mb ram
All this is over 2 1/2 years old. I run the game at max settings. Last time i looked my fps was between 48-61. I have no lag or video problems.

Not sure what is causing the great performance. Everything is outdated. I think the ram is ddr3. The GTS series is what… at 580 now? I am using a 250 which is pretty outdated. Guess i am just lucky.

(edited by Kailthir.6384)

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Jerhicco.7529

Jerhicco.7529

It’s a GTS 250, not GTX, and the reason you’re getting better performance than others posting in this thread is because they’re using GPU’s such as the GT630, which was never meant for gaming.

EDIT – The GTX series released their 6XX line, topping out at the GTX690.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Just so dat i kinow, what are the risks of doing this??

Only risk is getting even worse performance, however it’s very easy to turn off this ’’fix’’ (simply uncheck the box). So yeah, nothing to worry about.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

i don’t get why i can’t run GW2 better.

i usually have 20-25 fps when nothing is going on and in WvW it drops to 4-6 FPS making it unplayable. (on LOWEST graphics)

20-25 when nothing is going on is bad, clearly it’s going to drop when you enter WvW with all that activity, that’s normal. But you must remember 20-25 fps, when nothing is happening is very poor! Also you’re not using a top end laptop.. You really should of got a desktop instead anyway WvW isn’t that good

try using a thing called game booster, it turns of all unnecessary activity, may help, may not but give it a try, worked for me on a few games IE RIFT.

EDIT:
Also this does take away some of the quality and I found it didn’t improve, but made it feel cheap and laggy.

Blue… My name is a colour.

(edited by Moderator)

low FPS fix.

Posted by: MaxteR.6812

MaxteR.6812

Man, I tried for many days since I’ve bought GW2 to fix this low fps issue.
Today, after many tries and putting every config on my lap top on low settings I found someone who resolved my problem with a simple solution.
I don’t know why but I did this:
Open anything that runs with flash, for example “Youtube videos”.
Then right-click on it and select Configuration.
Disable Hardware Acceleration.

That’s all!
It fixed my problem! =D

low FPS fix.

Posted by: Schellaars.5719

Schellaars.5719

Tried windows compability mode and i disabled hardware acceleration. NO increased performance for me.

low FPS fix.

Posted by: TheOverlord.8250

TheOverlord.8250

Works for me with compatibility mode, amazing!