melee class

melee class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: clawles.7169

clawles.7169

Ive been curious for a little while now which of the melee classes has good survivability and a good dmg output. anything u guys can tell me would be much appreciated. thx

melee class

Posted by: Lokk.3647

Lokk.3647

Guardian is really nice, I use a greatsword to AoE or just burn normal enemies, and switch to a mace/focus to heal myself while still doing good damage to elite/champion mobs.

melee class

Posted by: Zalastra.6290

Zalastra.6290

Any profession can do that….. you just have to build your character towards that goal. But don’t assume that survivability means you can stand in monsters faces and be fine, because you wont. Not with any character. Naturally the guardian and warrior have a slightly higher base defense coming from their heavy armor.

If you’re unsure about the professions, the warrior is most likely the easiest to get started with for being melee.

melee class

Posted by: Matrix.3786

Matrix.3786

Well, for starters, you don`t have any class that`s specifically a “melee class”. Every class aside from Engineer has melee options, and every class has ranged options. As for survivability, well, what sort of survivability are you looking for? Killing the enemy faster than they kill you? Having lots of health and armour? Having various abilities to heal or negate damage? I think you`ll find that every class options for all of them.

So, I think you really should be more specific in what you`re looking for.

melee class

Posted by: clawles.7169

clawles.7169

ok well whats some of the stats i should focus on for a guardian doin melee and say one doin range?

melee class

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

ok well whats some of the stats i should focus on for a guardian doin melee and say one doin range?

Guardian doesn’t really have “range”. There is scepter, but the dmg is laughable.

It is a great weapon in combination with Torch and a GS in the other weapon slot. You can get to enemies rather easy, which, obviously, you want as a melee.

Again, the traits/skills depend on what you like to play. So far I’ve tried the shout skills/traits (good for support + alot of retaliation) and spirit weapon (some extra dmg, some extra defense) and of a mix of purely defensive and purely offensive skills, and each build has something nice. It all depends on your playstyle and what you wish to achieve.

I like the burning skill/trait combo also. I walk around and people spontaneously combust :P

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

melee class

Posted by: Zalastra.6290

Zalastra.6290

There’s no different stats specifically for ranged and melee combat. There’s 4 main stats: Power, (increase direct damage) Precision, (increases crit chance) Toughness, (increases armor) and Vitality, (increase hp) Suffice to say the first two increase damage, and the latter two your survivability. Also each profession has their own specific stat. For the guardian this reduces the cooldown on virtues. Then there are secondary stats, crit damage increase, (crits do 150% at default) Condition damage, Condition duration, Boon duration and Healing power. The trait lines all give a boost to one primary and one secondary stat.

Which you want to take depend on decisions you need to make about your build. What is it you want to focus on, may be dealing crits, may be some supportive skills, or just raw damage. Some weapons are good at one, others good at another. Certain trait lines boost certain aspects of your character with the actual traits you get every 5 lvls of a trait line.

Dont worry about it too much, resetting the points is cheap enough so feel free to just try some things out. And besides that you will need to buy tomes to update every new 10 lvls of the trait lines. 10 sp for the first 10 at lvl 10. 1 gold for up to 20 lvls in a trait line at lvl 40 and 2 gold at lvl 60 for unlocking the last 10 lvls of the trait lines. These tomes do not only unlock these, but also reset your traits. So you will get a “free” reset at lvl 40 and 60 anyway.

I can’t give you further specifics about the Guardian as I haven’t played it yet.

melee class

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Well, for starters, you don`t have any class that`s specifically a “melee class”. Every class aside from Engineer has melee options, and every class has ranged options. As for survivability, well, what sort of survivability are you looking for? Killing the enemy faster than they kill you? Having lots of health and armour? Having various abilities to heal or negate damage? I think you`ll find that every class options for all of them.

So, I think you really should be more specific in what you`re looking for.

Actually, the engineer’s toolkit utility IS a melee based option. It’s the only “real melee” we have, but it is effective, if you like to bash stuff.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

melee class

Posted by: Ryukai.6524

Ryukai.6524

I’ve gone for a Warrior, and got the 100K exp monthly achivo without dieing (the one in the hero tab for 200K appears to be bugged and isn’t counting anything )

This is useing a hammer, as it has alot of control (cripple, stun, knockback, knockdown + bullrush knockdown), yes the damage is lower than a greatsword and takes slightly longer to kill mobs, but you either go for control and survivability (you don’t die but takes slightly longer to kill mobs), or the old glass cannon (high damage output, but as a melee you’ll be taking alot of damage and are more likely to die fast and often :/ )

melee class

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

The two soldiers (guardian/warrior) would likely fit what you’re looking for in offense/defense. Warrior for more offense, guardian for more defense. Warrior also has exceptional range options, and guardians exceptional party/group options.

melee class

Posted by: Eluziel.4650

Eluziel.4650

The two soldier classes are good.. but all classes tend to have fun melee options. I’m loving sword/dagger and greatsword on my ranger for example
Only thing you can do is play ALL the things and try it out