memser help? tookittenslow.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

No passive speed boost means I cant keep up with the group in WvWvW and sometimes in Dynamic events, and when I do the conditions and shatters take time to set up. in a heavy aoe situation I am not getting credit for pplayer or mob kills.

I am increasingly getting frustated by my Mesmer. for soloing or 1V1 pvp its brilliant, but if they run I cant keep up, even with blink and such, it just does not match the passive speed boosts of other progressions.

Can any other mesmers suggest a solution, other than re-rolling?

Any suggestion for a fast upfront dmg spec? or am I going to have to shelve my mesmer until Anet remove passive speed increases and just up run speed by 25% across the board?

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Find warrior, make friend.

Posted by: IdoNisso.2376

IdoNisso.2376

Nope, no speed boost and Blink isn’t very viable.
Nope, as far as I know, no aoe for kills credit except Choas Strom (Staff skill 5) and shatters.

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Alright I always get credit for aleve kills and pull in great loot like this:

Run into a situation with your staff. Immediately drop chose field on a group of enemies. It immediately starts stacking bleeds and poisons and does great damage. It also stacks a cripple so they get stuck in the field longer. Then I immediately hit mirror image immediately get 2 clones and then pop the instant clones summon from the staff he one that teleports you back. That gives me 3 clones right away which I send in to immediately shatter. The chaos field and clone shatter all happen in seconds shatter destroys large groups of mobs I get great pleasure out of seeing 6 or more mobs die at once from my shatter. Using this strategy will always give you credit on Aoe situations. I have never had problems with receiving credit on Aoe situations since I have discovered this method

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Blink is great for traveling distances and is on a relatively short cool down. While running with a staff I always drop a chaos field in front of me there is a good chance you will get a speed boost buff from it when you run through it.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Blink is great for traveling distances and is on a relatively short cool down. While running with a staff I always drop a chaos field in front of me there is a good chance you will get a speed boost buff from it when you run through it.

yeah I do that, and I still watch most of the zerg disappear into the distance.