mobile authenticator a fool proof method?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that there seems to be more and more people who get hacked everyday and was wondering how much more secure will my account be with the mobile authenticator. Has there been any known case where even with the mobile authenticator, people still get hacked? or is this a fool proof method in terms of security measures. Obviously, people who have been hacked have their email compromised as well? since they can add and register their Korea or China IP address on their account through email verification?

Many thanks

Posted by: GraynX.8947

GraynX.8947

Actually, hacked accounts seem to be decreasing since release and the addition of the mobile authentication. But, to answer your question, there is no absolute guarantee that you will not be hacked with any system.

Mobile authentication and email verification are tools that help prevent hacking, but it is no guarantee.

Those tools, plus a reputable virus protection (which you scan your computer regularly) and changing your password on a regular basis are the best things to do that maximize your protection.

Beat Reporter at www.guildwarsinsider.com

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

There is no fool proof method. Anyone who says so it a liar.

There are, however, simple steps to reduce the chance of your account being compromised.

1) Don’t visit Gold Selling or other nefarious sites.
2) Use a proper browser. If you aren’t using Firefox with Noscript or Chrome with Scriptno, you are doing it wrong.
3) Use a strong password.
4) Use different passwords for GW2 and Email

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Hmm, thanks for the replies. In your opinion, which authentication is more secure? mobile or email since apparently, you can’t have both. I always follow all the guidelines as recommended above and have not had an incident yet but just want to be sure!