most effective pve cross class combos?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

it seems to me that there is a game within the game here of learning how to combo between classes. But i have yet been unable to learn this well.

What are the most effective cross class combos for pve?

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Well it depends a lot on what you’re trying to do. Combos happen when you use a combo finisher in a a combo field. Different combo finishers have different effects in different combo fields. The wiki has a great page on combos so you can read up on the fields/finishers available to each profession there and decide on which profession combinations you prefer most. I don’t there’s any mix of professions that provides a significantly better combination of finishers/fields since they all have different advantages in different situations

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

cross-class combo? I think that’s gw1 mate hehe :P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

hmm. i know how my own class combos work but i am wondering more the best cross class combos. There is also a difference between knowing the basics of how it works and the best way to actually use them.
Sometimes these are not as obvious as it might seem.

my friend has a gaurdian and i have a necro, elementalist, and a warrior. at level 50 or so.
I am mostly interested in overland pve.

Sure we can lay down light fields and such.
Best i guess meaning easiest to pull off for the most effect.

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

My personal favorite is water field + blast finisher for an area heal. It can really turn the tide when everyone’s low. With the classes you and your friend have, this is most easily accomplished with your elementalist laying down a water field with the staff and your friend’s guardian using the hammer’s Mighty Blow skill.

Another okay combo that’s a little easier for you to pull off is a blast finisher in a fire field for three stacks of area might. The guardian and elementalist should be able to pull that off all by themselves, but any of your classes has ways to take advantage of the guardian’s fire fields.

I love the guardian, but light fields are kind of meh in PVE. Condition removal isn’t as important, and retaliation isn’t very useful in fights that are actually challenging since those are the fights where you want to avoid getting hit at all.

(edited by Urthona.3198)