need range class

need range class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fok.6082

Fok.6082

ok i need your guys advantage. i dont like ranger with LB (just LB) , and dont tell me ele is best becouse staff hit crapy and D/D is not rly range class + weaps.

so what is your top 3 class + weap combination for pvp and world exploring?

need range class

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

1) Ranger with LB
2) Ele with Staff
3) See 1 and 2

Edit: On a serious note, Warrior, Necro, and Engineers have good ranged options, though not as good as Ranger or Ele imo. Guards lack ranged options and Mesmer illusions just get eaten in any zerg type of environment (World bosses and WvW come to mind). Log into the PVP room and find what suits you best.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

need range class

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

spvp? meh no idea, push teh insta-gratification button there and do whatever you want. wvw (zerg master) and map completion? Rune of the traveler, thief SB, swiftness & stealth build. Quickest class in the game with serious dps.

edit: oh TOP 3…. I have all 8 leveled about 2yrs, so thief first by far. In fact after world completion, I still play thief most of the time. Engi is the only class I leveled ~80% in wvw, the rest of the classes on map completion. I’d choose warrior second and…. kittene… maybe guard third (for map/world completion, not for fun factor). Though all classes capped, I mainly play thief and then maybe 2% of the time engi, while the rest being dusty.

Early in the game, alts were friendly, but that has long since past It’s a trap!

Your primary attribute will be speed, you want to run fast and as much as possible. Secondly a good damage aoe (e.g. SB bounce & poison field), so you can tag and move on, let other players put the effort into killing your tagged mobs etc. you still get full xp/credit/loot.

Why I choose thief as #1:
d/d stealth thief with SB.
I go with 06620 (i.e Assassin build some call it)
Are you speaking of lvl 80? Thief changes a lot once you level. Really sort of a sub-class below 80. Sort of painful to level, but once 80 and all unlocked including nice gear, just wonderful imo.

Stealth: remove condition, aoe blind, double damage, extended stealth (not perma-stealth – don’t need), evade/escape (great for map skill point spots), might stacks, last refuge, stealth and TP on down (great in groups almost 100% survivability).
Speed: imo rune of the traveler to free up utility slot, run speed increase on roll, infiltrators arrow (teleport), stealth run. Nothing can catch you, nothing can escape. imo, more ranger than ranger :P
Stacked heal on crit.
D blood/ D perception (to hold stacks on bow swaps if stacking perception with a bow)
Bows: perception / precision / purity~generosity (1 second faster) / incapacitation / nullification.

Assassin armor (suggest ~70-80% crit chance & 200% ferocity), omnom pies and/or ghosties, quality maintenance oil or sharpening stones, swaps of trinkets and rings to fit the situation (e.g. survivability).

World completion king imo.

Downside: not for the lazy safe spot ranger that mashes their KB’s just because…

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

need range class

Fok.6082

Yea rogue is fun. Have 1 on 14lvl and have build of d/p p/d for spvp. U almost immortal with that.

I like my ranger axe/torc and sword/dagger but its dmg so low.

Warrior is fun but he is slow in world and i dont rly like GS so i use hammer sword/axe and it going prity well.

Enginers i dont like. I kill them with no problems with any char i have. (maby dont meet still skilled, but they are not for me)

About ather i tested just up to max 15lvl. With no perfect builds. Except guardian who are strong but boring:)

So i wana good ranged class which was fun to play and posible to kill someone:)

need range class

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Your question and your post ps me off you prefer range class and you dislike/ignore half of best range weapons in this game before you ask something test it in heart of the mist and pvp arena if still not suit you then work on your skill you probably lack a lot of skill/info about what you’re doing.

Ranger axe/sword/torch/dagger low damg ? Plz play conditon ranger, want power ranger ? Play LB and get over with it no way to avoid the fact that LB ranger is one of the best range class

Ele staff is crapy ? say this in elementalist box and you may get yourself killed and let me tell you this Staff Ele is the highest dps weapon in this game….well atleast for now not sure in expansion you need to work more on your skill.

Warrior has some decent range dps if you know what you doing but slow ? Seriously ? you played what you want and in result you telling us that war is slow in the world ?… :facepalm:

Thief seem suit you better stick with it

Mesmer….naww this class definitely not for you

Necro very good in pvp soso in pve not so slow at movement speed if play condition build then Scepter/dagger – Staff has pretty good at range dps IN PVP.

need range class

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Staff Ele is the best ranged class. If it’s not good enough for you you’re out of luck.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

need range class

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Although mesmer is not for everyone, I like using GS for range.

need range class

Fok.6082

Eros as i told idk about end game. My expirience is in low lvl and made some builds for random battlegrounds. As for warrior i meen slow about movement speed for exploration. Abour ranger axe/torch sword/dagger build in pvp its prity good but in pve its like half warrior,rogue or guardian dmg. Staff ele dmg in low lvl pve is low.

Thats why i am sking u guys , in end game ewerythink change, and i need info. Maby my opiniion is crap becouse ot will start shine like in 30 or 50 or just in 80lvl.

need range class

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Warrior is arguably (one of) the best at getting around the map between Sword and GS. Also you can have passive 25% movement and/or permaswiftness rather easily.

A/T + S/D should probably be A/D + S/T so you have an evade on either set, but that seems to be personal preference. Aside from that it’s a condi build so it’s not going to perform that well in PvE necessarily.

Regarding your assessment of Staff ele in low levels it may feel like low dps, but you have superior AE capabilities compared to others.

need range class

Fok.6082

Sagramor. About ele. But u het 2 hits and u dead. So pull 3-5mobs no worth becouse u will dye. I know evade and so one. But if u solo u will take dmg from 1 of 5 mobs for sure. So u down:)

need range class

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

My staff fire ele is deadly. This is aoe pve though, and not something for spvp I’m guessing. I run my signet warrior with passive 25% running speed, as fast as any other class… apart from thief. Sorry, not going to defend ranger, very much hate the class and in the lfg tool I usually don’t join groups with rangers in them. When rangers do the lfm in local, I stay clear. Get rid of their LB KB’s and my point of view may change.

Thief I pay d/d stealth thief. It’s not choice for spvp, but build however you want when you are in the lobby, right? But for pve and wvw, I stick primarily d/d and with my set of shortbows. Thief changes at end-game, quite a bit imo, no way to judge it at lvl14.

need range class

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

If you’re only going to be doing PvP and open world PvE, ranger’s a good pick.
If you want the most ranged damage and do dungeons and such, go staff ele.