new races?

new races?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Black Fox.7231

Black Fox.7231

I just started playing so i was wondering have they ever made a statement of adding new races? The hylek,skritt, largossa, kodan etc. are all really cool so i was wondering if they’ve ever said anything about it.

new races?

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I think there is a Moa Race in the works…

The race track is there in LA to see it…

new races?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There has been no official statement, but there is much speculation among the community. I think Tengu takes first place in said speculation, but I could be (and often am =P) wrong.

Welcome to Tyria, may you find many grand adventures! =)

new races?

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

There has been no official statement, but there is much speculation among the community. I think Tengu takes first place in said speculation, but I could be (and often am =P) wrong.

Welcome to Tyria, may you find many grand adventures! =)

Tengu are those bird creatures you can see at the bottom left cornor of lion’s arch defending a huge door, aren’t they?

I also heard speculation about dwarfs.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

new races?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Well i have heard from other gamers that Tengu are the most likely i think dwarfs are out. With an exception of very few they all got turned to stone to fight the destroyers so i think dwarfs are gone from tyria.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dwarf According to this ogden stonehealer is the only known dwarf of flesh and blood.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

new races?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Well i have heard from other gamers that Tengu are the most likely i think dwarfs are out. With an exception of very few they all got turned to stone to fight the destroyers so i think dwarfs are gone from tyria.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dwarf According to this ogden stonehealer is the only known dwarf of flesh and blood.

Actually he isn’t flesh and blood, he turned into stone as well (which is why he’s still alive 250 years later, he was a main character in GW1’s expansion Eye of the North). He is, however, the last known (meaning there might be others) living dwarf. All the other dwarves turned to stone since GW1 (set 250 years before GW2) and went underground to battle the destroyers and (probably) primordius and haven’t been heard from since then.

However, that doesn’t exclude dwarves from the list of possible future playable races. For all we know we might get an expansion or content update in the future set in the depths of tyria (basically a massive network of underground tunnels and structures that cover most of the underground in tyria that predate humanity and is where the Asura, Skritt and Dredge used to live before being driven from it by primordius and the destroyers), where we might find the dwarves still alive and fighting Primordius (which might explain why other than very few areas where you can find destroyers, he doesn’t have a more active presence in tyria).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

new races?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They haven’t said anything specific but my guess is we won’t see a new playable race until they release an expansion. They have said we won’t see an expansion until the game is 1 year old at least, which makes September 2013 the earliest it could possibly happen. But they’re not working on one yet so it will probably be later than that.

As for races I think the kodan and tengu will be first, just because they’ve got very well developed lore and in the case of the tengu a locked out zone big enough for a city and starting area which links to LA, a 1-15 area and a 15-25 area. (Or will do once the gates are open.) The kodan are tricker since their homeland is up past Frostgorge Sound (a level 80 area) but they could put a starter or 15-25 area next to it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

new races?

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Can’t wait for Tengu tbh; got a character all planned and ready to go as soon as they are available.

new races?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ah yes locoman you are correct. i read that too fast and didn’t read it right. Ogden is stone not ’flesh and blood". But i think a dev said that dwarfs were no longer going to be a part of guild wars because of what happened in EotN.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

new races?

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

-sighs- too bad I guess I have to plan differently if there’s no way to have a dwarf :P

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!