newish player classes

newish player classes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Hey guys so I bought the game back when it was first released, but decided to give it some time to grow and evolve. I decided to come back to give it another shot to try to get in to it.

I have a few questions on class suggestions. The classes I am most interested in are necromancer, guardian, engineer, and warrior. Out of those classes what is the best choice.

Of course there is really 3 modes I understand which are PvE, WvW, and PvP. PvP doesn’t really matter because you can pvp at level 1. But out of the classes I suggested which is the best to take to level 80 to endgame PvE and WvW.

Thanks for your help guys.

newish player classes

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Okay, how twitch-reactive of a player are you? If you have played a game like DotA, HoN, LoL, BLC, etc, would you say you were a good player or did you quit because you never got into it (cough you kept dying cough)?

If you would consider yourself a reactive player, feel free to play Engineer. Otherwise, Necromancer requires a bit of awareness. Guardian requires a somewhat patient attitude (a lot of people will expect unreal things from you). Warrior is pretty much point and click.

In WvW, they’re all strong. In PvP, they’re all strong. In PvE (with pugs), Warriors and Guardians are great. In non-pug groups, you can be whatever you want.

newish player classes

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

I recommend making all of them after you get each one geared out at lvl 80 make another.

I would recommend starting with warrior as it is in high demand in most situations. I also like my guardian alot. I main mesmer but in light of recent nurfs I would not recommend starting there.

newish player classes

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

So guardian is a good choice. Do they have a 25% run speed signet because that always helps travelling. Might make a necromancer they seem pretty cool, how are they?

newish player classes

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Guardians do not have a 25% run speed signet. They do, however, have easily available swiftness applications and leaps (you can also use Sword teleport as a Mesmer blink if you are able to position well and know your ranges).