nightmare tower retelling?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cerbskies.9865

Cerbskies.9865

Hey all, i barely went through kressex hills and i ran into this camp with a human that gave the option to retell the nightmare tower something, then i was ported to an instance and upscaled to 80. I died (i was 25ish) but whats the deal with that?

I googled around and found out its part of the living world something system that gw2 has.

What was the nightmare tower thing about and what purpose does it serve? Do i need to do it at 80 or is it for lore purposes only since the event passed? Not familiar with dungeons or instances yet.. i read the next living world thing is fractals but i have no idea what to do or how to do a fractal.

Cerbskies.9865

Oh yea, can i do the 8-bit pixel area i heard about? Sounded fun and i think it was part of the living world system.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

The instance you were transported to tells the story of the end of the Tower of Nightmares, which was the site of the last few updates of the Living Story before Wintersday and the temporary break in Living Story updates. As a new player you should probably look at it as an opportunity to experience some of the lore around the current Living Story arc which is going to be coming to a close over the next couple of months, it really centres around a protagonist called Scarlet, who has been causing trouble in Tyria for the last year by organising alliances of enemies to wreak havoc. You might find this summary helpful, starting with the Flame and Frost chapter.

The Fractals update has already happened, at the end of November, and although it’s possible for you to enter the fractals of the mists (a serious of small dungeons done four at a time) and be uplevelled to 80 I would personally recommend that you just focus on exploring and levelling for now and look into dungeons and fractals when you’re a bit higher levelled or at 80.

The Super Adventure Box (8-bit area) is reoccuring content which isn’t available in the game at the moment but will be back sometime this year hopefully.

The Living Story is due to resume in two weeks, we are currently waiting for information on what the next patch will contain content and storywise so keep an eye on the Release Page for more information.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

You should also have a read through this which was published a few hours after I previous post.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/recap-the-living-world-of-guild-wars-2/

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Cerbskies.9865

The instance you were transported to tells the story of the end of the Tower of Nightmares, which was the site of the last few updates of the Living Story before Wintersday and the temporary break in Living Story updates. As a new player you should probably look at it as an opportunity to experience some of the lore around the current Living Story arc which is going to be coming to a close over the next couple of months, it really centres around a protagonist called Scarlet, who has been causing trouble in Tyria for the last year by organising alliances of enemies to wreak havoc. You might find this summary helpful, starting with the Flame and Frost chapter.

The Fractals update has already happened, at the end of November, and although it’s possible for you to enter the fractals of the mists (a serious of small dungeons done four at a time) and be uplevelled to 80 I would personally recommend that you just focus on exploring and levelling for now and look into dungeons and fractals when you’re a bit higher levelled or at 80.

The Super Adventure Box (8-bit area) is reoccuring content which isn’t available in the game at the moment but will be back sometime this year hopefully.

The Living Story is due to resume in two weeks, we are currently waiting for information on what the next patch will contain content and storywise so keep an eye on the Release Page for more information.

Thanks for the info! I checked in the group finder and there seems to be different tiers of fractals levels 1-9 etc, do i just ignore those then? Im loving the exploration element in this game but im just wondering how the group finder works

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Fractal is completely different then Dungeon in its structure. Fractal have levels from 1 to 50 (right now, eventually higher level will be unlocked). You can’t start a fractal higher that your own, or of the higher level of anybody in your party.

From level 1-9 its like a normal dungeon.
From level 10-30 you can suffer from Agony which is a kind of condition (but you can’t remove it) that bosses in fractal can give you. You have to learn to dodge it and equip Agony Resistance to survive Agony that you cannot dodge.
From level 31-50 Instability also make thing a bit harder by including special challenge like a Monster Stalking you during all your run, or condition hitting you harder or ennemies exploding after their dearth, etc.

Higher the level = Higher reward, but also higher Higher challenge by adding more enemies with more HP and hitting harder. Strategy will evolve with the levels. Meaning that things that you can do in lower level won’t necessary work in higher level.

This is a quick explanation of Fractals, but a lots of information is available about it. Try to go over website like wiki and other to understand the basic of Fractals before posting more specific questions. There is also a lot of thread about it in the forums.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD