noob. Save or sell junk / trophies?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wardaggon.2618

Wardaggon.2618

I’m currently at lvl 9 with my first character. Any use for the junk and trophies? Will they come in handy for a quest or crafting in later levels? Or is it best to just click ‘sell junk’ and get a few coppers for them?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Only if it says they are quest items they are of any use. But you’ll be able to get new ones pretty ewasily when the quest (event) starts again, so I’d just sell them. Or even junk them if they cannot be sold.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

sell junk. this is easily one of the most constant sources of income. they cannot be used for anything else unless they are a specific “event only” item, and they are easily obtained with that event when it’s active. If you keep them you’ll never use them again, I promise.

I even sprung for an oil lined back to filter all junk, so when it’s full I can just turn it all into silver.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Also, some items can be salvaged for raw materials used in crafting.
These are usually worn garments or hides, use a crude salvage kit on them.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Any item that is grey is junk. Even event items are white so that you know the difference. When you go to NPC vendor to sell stuff, there is a sell junk button that will automatically sell all junk items.

What I do if my bags are full is click on the gear icon in your inventory and deposit all collectibles so that it moves all crafting raw materials in your bags to your bank. Your bank actually has a slot for each type of crafting material and can hold 250 of each item. Then sell junk. You can then sift through what’s left to see what to keep.

Posted by: Wardaggon.2618

Wardaggon.2618

great, thanks for the answers guys!

Posted by: Semil.8279

Semil.8279

Is it worth the extra money to use the higher tier salvaging kits on items used only for salvage? Or should I save the money, use a crude salvaging kit on them, and save the expensive kits for gear?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Is it worth the extra money to use the higher tier salvaging kits on items used only for salvage? Or should I save the money, use a crude salvaging kit on them, and save the expensive kits for gear?

I use basic kits on everything except:

Rare or Exotic Items. These I use Master Kits

Items with Upgrades I 100% want to keep. These I use Black Lion Kits.

I like to salvage tho, and I don’t sell anything to the merchant unless it’s not worth it to sell on the TP. Unless it’s better than a green it never gets to this point.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

unless it’s not worth it to sell on the TP.

Which is like 90%+ of the loot you get in the game

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Salvage white gear.
Sell blues and greens unless you are leveling and can actually equip it.
Salvage rare and exotics with master salvage kits for ectos.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I like to salvage (basic kit) anything worth less than 30c or salvageable material, then sell greys, whites, and blues to a vendor, then throw greens into the mystic forge to try to get yellows (only with high levels – I’ve found that levels 80+80+80+14 = level 68-72), then either sell yellows on TP or salvage with Master Salvage Kit, then sell oranges on TP.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My strategy:

Sell all junk (grey) items to the vendor.
Salvage all white gear for materials. (I use a Crude Salvage Kit as I honestly don’t see much difference between it and the Basic Salvage Kit.)
Sell all blues to the vendor.
Check to see whether greens are valuable on the TP (and sometimes the upgrade on them can be valuable too). If they are, sell on TP. If not, vendor.
Salvage all Rares for Ectos and upgrades (I use a Mystic Salvage Kit, but a Master works fine too).
Check to see how much an Exotic goes for on the TP (and check the value of the upgrade as well). If it’s worth 1g or more, sell on TP. If not, or if the upgrade is worth more than 1g, salvage it with a Black Lion Salvage Kit for Ectos and sell the upgrade.

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

if it gets sold with the sell junk button its pure and simply junk and you won’t get anything for it anywhere else, everything other than that differs in opinion on what to do with it.