omg... just cant seem to pick a profession

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Menifa.1976

Menifa.1976

Hi guys
I would REALLY appreciate your help, ive been around guild wars 1 and 2 for a while now, keep coming back to it every while only to stop after some time and then to come back again.

I trying to get back now, recently got HoT and I was for ages trying to decide which profession i should put my time into(since i dont have much time to play everyday im looking for just one ill put all i have instead of spreading it around)
Problem is…. i keep finding myself going back and forth over different professions and i cant seem to decide which one to go at! please help! Oo

I do know one thing for sure, altough i find all professions fun and interesting I do not want to play either Ranger or Engineer

I would very much like some help or guidance in the matter, maybe tips or advice, ill take whatever i can

Thank you upfront

Posted by: Mitern.1563

Mitern.1563

It would very much depend on how you play (alone, with others, melee, ranged, etc), what you like doing(PvE, Fractals, WvW, PvP, etc) and your other preferences. That being said, in my opinion (emphasis on “my opinion”). Warrior/Berserker can handle most situations in GW2. It is an easy Profession to learn but like the other Professions, takes time and dedication to master.

I too enjoy all the Professions and change depending on my mood. I mainly solo PvE and right now I am focusing on my Necromancer mapping and doing LWS2 because I like being able to use the minions to take aggro and the second health bar helps me a lot. I didn’t recommend Necromancer because of the low DPS and they are not usually wanted in Raids.

Posted by: Mitern.1563

Mitern.1563

One other note/warning, a Profession’s versatility, power and role can sometimes change when major patches come out.

Posted by: VanHalenRules.5243

VanHalenRules.5243

Why not ranger? Just wondering, because once I started playing it, I never looked back. Even after making all 9 classes’ elite specs, and trying them in different game modes, I still found ranger to be the best all around class, even with most of the utility skills being more for specific build types (traps…etc). Even with full berserker armor I barely ever die in any pve mode (long bow/Greatsword combo), and in wvw it’s very fun and I have not found the need to switch gear stats yet.

I’d suggest playing around with different weapon combos on all of the classes you have, it’s pretty fun and will help you decide which types of play styles you like.

Altered Tuner, Hockey Defender (CD server)

(edited by VanHalenRules.5243)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

play all of em.

Posted by: Menifa.1976

Menifa.1976

Well firstly thanks for the responses (:

That is a valid point, i see myself as more of a pve player and fractels, here and there the casual pvp, maybe in the future more of a WvW, but main focus right now is pve (:

I perfer melee then range but i dont mind to be able to mix.
Mostly i play alone, occasianlly with two three friends.

Regrading ranger and eng, though i see their concept as very interesting and fun, the implementation (for me personally) didnt quite worked well playing them (:

(edited by Menifa.1976)

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

With the above in mind, I would suggest warrior for a slower hard hitting playstyle, thief for a faster one, if you have heart of thorns maybe try revenant as a combination of the two with more support buffs.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Just a suggestion but, rather than picking a class, maybe pick an armour class – heavy, medium, or light. That way you can still have 3 characters to enjoy for a bit of diversity without getting too swamped with having to level and equip too many characters with your limited gaming time.

The reason for picking an armour class is that they can all share the same ascended armour and most of the same ascended weapons. This will really cut down on the financial and time costs of leveling all the craft professions and equipping characters of different armour classes. You will just need one set of ascended gear and can just swap it to which ever character you feel like playing at any given time. Its not an ideal way to min-max your characters, but it is an ideal way to play if you are severely limited on time and just want to have some fun experiencing the game.

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I would also recommend warrior, though reaper and guardian would also be good melee solo options.