ori/wood farm map

ori/wood farm map

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Illogical.6218

Illogical.6218

Is there still an up-to-date website with locations of orichalcum/ancientwood etc. etc. in Orr/Southsun/FGS?

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Any websites like that are as up-to-date as the players who keep them updated. I’ve found that at least for my server the alpha version of http://www.gw2nodes.com/ is pretty accurate most of the time.

Remember to contribute if you find it useful. Report nodes, both correct and incorrect.

One – Piken Square

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Illogical.6218

Illogical.6218

yh I’ve tried that one, but it contains wrong nodes and incomplete maps

ori/wood farm map

Tom Gore.4035

Then get together with some people from your server and start updating it.

One – Piken Square

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

It relies on community input so like Tom Gore said, help keeping it updated.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Knowing what changes the nodes helps too.

Nodes can move whenever a map gets regenerated and this only happens when a player enters a previously empty map (actually, that is what triggers the map to be generated).

Maps that are frequented by many players at all hours on a server often only get regenerated when a new build goes live. A good example of this is Frostgorge on most servers (node farmers, Champ Train and Claw keep it populated most of the time).

Maps that don’t get constant player attention (often Southsun or some of the Orr maps) can have nodes move on a daily basis.

As mentioned above, sites like gw2nodes need players to constantly update and correct node information (especially the maps that tend to regenerate a lot) for them to be of any use to anyone.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: juggulator.2907

juggulator.2907

yh I’ve tried that one, but it contains wrong nodes and incomplete maps

If you’re in a relatively small population server, at least in terms of pve (like us in IoJ), you’re probably experiencing zone reloading due to the lack of people going through that particular zone. This was only told to me by a guildie and might not actually be accurate, but I took the advice since running 6 toons across Orr with individually different node locations can be frustrating.

You could also be checking gw2nodes.com right after an update or patch, which is why the nodes might still be not updated.

If you’re situation is similar to the former, then I advice you to guest to the bigger servers (especially the ones who always do the temple events) and check their nodes in gw2nodes.com. They will almost always be up to date. My personal preferences are Blackgate, Jade Quarry, and Tarnished Coast.

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The nodes change each day at reset so you the maps need an update very day.

ori/wood farm map

Tom Gore.4035

They do change each time there is a reset, but there are no scheduled daily resets for maps.

The maps only reset when there are no players on the map at all (for a while, I would guess).

One – Piken Square

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The maps only reset when there are no players on the map at all (for a while, I would guess).

And they really reset instantly when you are the last player and leave the zone. Happened often for me when i farmed Iron at late at night that after i relogged to another character suddenly there was a reset.

However in regards of iron this could be nice sometimes, since that also resets the timer from rich veins.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

ori/wood farm map

Tom Gore.4035

And they really reset instantly when you are the last player and leave the zone. Happened often for me when i farmed Iron at late at night that after i relogged to another character suddenly there was a reset.

However in regards of iron this could be nice sometimes, since that also resets the timer from rich veins.

Really? I wonder how long before someone shouts in map chat: “EVERYONE LOG OFF SO WE CAN RESET THE NODES!”

One – Piken Square

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This information is absolutely incorrect. Nodes certainly CAN update daily (if nobody is in the map during off hours) but not because they are timed to do so. On highly populated servers, Frostgorge Sound map often retains the same node locations from patch release to patch release (I’ve seen it stay the same for nearly a month).

How maps work on any individual server:

• Maps never regenerate or are rebuilt as long as even a single player exists in the map.
  • When the last player leaves a map, the particular instance (including where nodes were located) is removed from the server and no longer exists on that server (this is also true for overflow maps). While it is possible the map remains for some unspecified amount of time, I doubt anyone outside of ANet could know what this time may be for sure.
  • When a new player enters a zone that does not have any players (populated) in it a new zone area for that server is generated (this process sets the semi-random generation of resource nodes and potentially other map properties). Note this also happens when a player tries to enter a FULL map on any server, but a copy of the map is made (generating new resource nodes and properties) as an OVERFLOW map. Note that overflow maps are not generally associated with any specific server so you can encounter players from other servers in an overflow map.
We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

ori/wood farm map

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

My server had an amazing node-spawn in Malchor and Orr a few weeks ago, I did it daily and it didn’t reset until the new Living Story hit, so I highly doubt daily aswell. For Orichalcum and the likes though, I don’t know about lower levels.