pc build to get more fps

pc build to get more fps

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shihab.5310

Shihab.5310

hi , my pc config is i3 3.0 ghz , 4 gb ram n ati 6850 gfx card n i get only 15-20 fps in wvw or world events with lowest settings. can any1 plz tell me a pc build to get atleast 60fps with high settings in wvw zerg n world events. thnx in advance

pc build to get more fps

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

We sure can’t. GW2 is processor bound so unless you have a parallel processing cloud networked super computer with nearly zero latency you can just hang in there like the rest of us for some optimization and code shifting to the graphics card sometime in the lifetime of GW2

But seriously, we can’t help you if we don’t know what you’re willing to spend. And it’ll cost a pretty gold piece to make that happen and it still wont be guaranteed to get you anywhere near 60fps due to the above mentioned problem of cpu bounding.

pc build to get more fps

Shihab.5310

We sure can’t. GW2 is processor bound so unless you have a parallel processing cloud networked super computer with nearly zero latency you can just hang in there like the rest of us for some optimization and code shifting to the graphics card sometime in the lifetime of GW2

But seriously, we can’t help you if we don’t know what you’re willing to spend. And it’ll cost a pretty gold piece to make that happen and it still wont be guaranteed to get you anywhere near 60fps due to the above mentioned problem of cpu bounding.

thnx for the reply……..what abt Intel Core i5-4570 ? is it enough or i need Intel Core i7-4770 ?

pc build to get more fps

Posted by: OpusPosthumous.9752

OpusPosthumous.9752

From what I understand, an i5 would do you just fine. An i7 would be better, yes, but only if you’re going for more of a high-end system. Both models have quad-core and dual-core editions, but again… all depends on how much you’re willing to spend.

pc build to get more fps

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

GW2 is CPU-bound as mentioned before. If you want my advice, wait for the new Haswell K-sku refreshes coming out in Q3. They are rumoured to have great overclocking capability and able to run @ 5Ghz on air.

i5 will do just fine, the hyperthreading and slightly larger cache of the i7 won’t do you any good for GW2.

One – Piken Square

pc build to get more fps

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

i7 will not give you $100 worth performance over i5 in gaming use. (i7 has HT but i5 doesn’t. HT does nothing for you for gaming and rather than that i7 and i5 are mostly identical) If you are only looking at gaming PC, I will go for i5 + after market CPU cooler for overclocking.

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

pc build to get more fps

Shihab.5310

thnx guys for the info. i bought i5 4670k + msi gtx 760 OC edition btw i get 80C temp on gfx at a load of 80% with high settings n 68C to 70C temp at a load on 65% to 70% with medium settings. is it normal ?

pc build to get more fps

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yes that’s a normal temperature for a GPU under load. You can also see that your GPU is not reaching 100% usage because it’s waiting for the CPU. Try to overclock the CPU from BIOS to ~4,0-4,2Ghz and see if you can get 100% GPU usage.

One – Piken Square