putting together a themed character

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Manticorish.6489

Manticorish.6489

i’m planning on making a new character, a human male, but i can’t quite decide on a profession because i’m looking to give him a very specific visual theme.

basically, i’m looking to make him as bird-themed as possible, if that makes sense? armor, weapons, class abilities, et cetera. anything that’s got feathers, talons and general avian imagery goin’ for it. i nearly made him a norn because of the were raven transformation, but decided against it, as being a norn doesn’t fit the character i have in mind. any suggestions?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

well, ranger might work. warhorn has a bird themed attack, as does greatsword. it has access to bird pets too.
cultural tier 2 looks good for feathery (if coloured right)
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_cultural_armor/Medium#Tier_2_male
also council watch doesn’t look too bad. there are wings on the bottom part
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Council_Watch_armor#Human
sentinel outfit has a bird-like theme
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sentinel_Outfit#Human

hope it gives you a few ideas even if none of it works for you

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Just out of curiosity, why does literally turning into a bird not fit your character?

Posted by: Manticorish.6489

Manticorish.6489

Just out of curiosity, why does literally turning into a bird not fit your character?

it’s not the turning into a bird part, it’s the norn part. the dude i’m looking to make is based on a character of mine, and he’s short and thin, pretty much the opposite of a norn in every way. heck, if not a human male i might make him a sylvari.

(plus i just crafted an endless shadow raven tonic to cover that aspect. :U)

Fluffball.8307

Your birdman isn’t a behemoth ogre? Maybe it’s an ostrich.

Attachments:

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Check out the full set of t3 cultural armor for the charr race.

’Nuff said

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Fluffball.8307

Check out the full set of t4 cultural armor for the charr race.

’Nuff said

What is t4? My first thought is “Tier 4” but there are only 3 tiers of cultural armor. What armor weight are you talking about?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

i meant tier 3 sorry, got a bit confused there (edit my post too). I was saying to have a look at any of them but I have a predilection towards the heavy armor set myself, tho it’s a bit too spiky for my taste if y’know what I mean, that’s why I like to mix and match armor pieces too. Basically just try to imagine those with backpiece fluffy wings.. and viola!

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Too bad you’ve decided on a male char. If you were making a female char you could use the gemstore Phoenix armor. There’s a male version but it doesn’t have the feather theme like the female does.

Edit: female light armor

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d definitely make him a ranger so you can use bird pets (the birds of prey or the moas, or one of each), and get one of the bird mail carriers (you can buy them from the TP) and of course one of the sets of wings – the backpack can be turned on and off so if they’re in the way you can just turn them off, but they’re gliders too.

Armor is a bit tricky because many of the more feathery sets are light armor (I have a norn revenant who is a devotee of Raven so I’ve spent a fair bit of time looking for armour with feathers).

But you could probably pull it off by mixing and matching pieces.

Falconer’s Coat would work, or the Council Watch/Guild Watchman coat which has a wing pattern on the back. If you have GW1 you could use the Heavenly Bracers which have little wings on them. And maybe the Ornate Guild shoulders could look like wings.

Maybe try making a temporary character for each armour weight (one at a time if you don’t have 3 spare character slots) and use the wardrobe to experiment with different pieces, see what you can put together.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”