question on low level upgrades

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Elivo.1936

Elivo.1936

As far as weapon and armor upgrades for the lower levels (lvl 10 right now)
is it best to craft the stuff, buy it from vendors or will there be quest rewards/drops i would be getting soon?
i picked armorsmith as one of my crafting choices but still learning the ins and outs of it.

Posted by: SanctumSyte.5019

SanctumSyte.5019

At lower levels I wouldn’t worry about crafting your gear. A lot of gear can be picked up as loot or you can just buy it from the TP at relatively low prices. I wouldn’t recommend buying from the Vendors because they sell only white gear. Unless you are buying from karma merchants and have the karma to buy the gear you need that is level appropriate. The issue with buying from karma merchants is that you have to find the right one that sells the gear that has the stats that you want.

Posted by: ZombieNugget.6847

ZombieNugget.6847

In all honesty you’ll do fine with hitting up the Trading Post [O] whenever you think it’s time for an upgrade (I tend to update my gear every five-ten levels), where you can find very cheap (relative to what you might invest to crafting it or something) Fine and Masterwork items pertaining to your level.

You didn’t mention it, so I’ll tell you now- the Trading Post is your GW2-life-long friend.

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

at low levels i would exclusively get gear from karma heart vendors, crafting, or from drops. crafting is great for the exp, and its fun especially if your just starting out

Posted by: SanctumSyte.5019

SanctumSyte.5019

I would save crafting until higher levels like 50s or 60s since by then you’ll have gathered most of the materials you’ll need and not have to buy them off the TP. Plus the exp you gain from crafting can help with getting past those mid-high levels where you need more exp for each level.

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Buy crafted blues from the TP because the price is only a few coppers over their vendor price so once you’re done with it you can get most of your money back.

Crafting is a waste because you’ll spend more money getting levels to make new gear then you would just buying and then vendoring the gear.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.