random target switches on hit

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

fellow players, i’m a bit at loss here.

i’m mainly playing pvp these days and i’m experiencing some strange target switches, which are, to be honest, quite confusing from time to time. for example, i main an elementalist and me and my guildmates are dueling in our arena. while fighting my mates ranger, i got him locked in as target, lightning whip away, he dodges back and i hit his pet instead of him. i want to close the gap using RTL and suddenly, my ele rushes towards the pet, which, all of a sudden, is the current target. i never switched targets, i didn’t press tab, all i did was pressing 1 for lightning whip.

there are many examples for this phenomenon and i tried pretty much every setting available, i don’t know what’s causing these target switches.

any ideas how to solve this??

i attached a screenie with my settings

Attachments:

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I think burst gap closing skills like that automatically target nearest enemy, I could be wrong, but I’ve noticed it on my warrior with the sword leap, and GS 5 too.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

Sometimes pressing 1 will autotarget what you have in front of you. There is some setting about it I believe, but in my experience, whatever you have in front of you when you attack can take over as your target.
Other times it wont.

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

alright, so there’s nothing i can do about it. guess i’ll just have to adapt

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]