returning player engineer or mesmer...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lord painn.4782

lord painn.4782

title says it all.i only play pve dungeons….fractals……need some opinions and why u chose either or

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Depends. Can you get behind playing Meta-Builds or do you play more casually.

For high tier fractals and raids alike chronomancers (mesmer elite) are in pretty high demand since they can massively increase the DPS of their entire group. They do pretty good pretty much anywhere in the game when played correctly.

As a personal fan of the scrapper (engineer elite) I’d also like to shine light on my personal casual PvE machine. For dungeons and PvE-Metaevents I use a Soliders Off-Tank Scrapper with hammer. It “only” does OK damage, yet doesn’t get tipped over as easily while also having access to a wide range of hard CC. It’s very fun to play.

Posted by: lord painn.4782

lord painn.4782

ty horn…what would be easier to play hence since i havent played since christ was a kid

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Definately the Scrapper. His Utility and sustain makes it way more forgiving, while good Chronomancer rotations are extremely tight and require you to stay on your toes at all times.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Mesmer is definitely one of the harder classes to play well, but if you can its extremely fun to play and people will almost always want a good chronomancer in their party.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Mesmer. You’ll get far if you like playing with others. Scrapper is more solo.