stats should i take for my ascended gear?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

i know they say zerk for pve and soldiers for wvw and stuff in between but im trying to find a balance for me.

basically I want a balance between zerk, vitality, toughness, healing power.

so should i like zerk trinkets + knights and zealots armor?

otherwise I was thinking mostly- zerk trinkets + zerk chest + clerics legs + soldiers healmet + zerk shoulders + clerics gloves + soldiers boots.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

The only one who can answer that question is yourself.

There is many things to factor here.

if you are not a serious pve players(meaning you dont’ care about high level fractal), just use exotic berserker gear for pve.

if you are not a serious wvw players get exotic and get ascended berserker gear for high level fractal.

One thing you should know is ascended trinkets are much easier to get than ascended armor. So it is most likely you’ll only get 1 set of armor and a few set of trinket.

My suggestion is dont’ find a middle ground, find a set for pve and a set for wvw. Since you are better of wearing seperate exotic set than use 1 ascended set for both wvw and pve.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

^^ pretty much this.

Berzerker gear is designed in a way that it’s an ‘all or none’ kind of set. A mashed up set of different stats with berserker will dramatically reduce the damage (the whole point) of the set. I don’t know what profession you use, but you’re generally better off just making Celestial if you want ‘balanced’ gear.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

For ascended armor, go berserker/ assassin. Ascended armor is only useful for the agony gain, the stat you get are ridiculously low. Trinkets, depend on your playstyle, berserker for pve, knight/valkyrie for www.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Theres a builder just google it, you can choose armor stats weapon stats runes and all and you can combine all the stuff and make your build.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Berserker ascended armour- imo the most useful considering you’ll probably be running zerk in Fractals and that’s where the agony resistance infusion slots come in handy.

Save laurels and guild commendations to buy a set of berserker trinkets as well, and if you want to some kind of hybrid, get PVT (or similar) trinkets to change if you want a bit more survivability.

You could also have a berserker weapon set and a PVT (once again, or similar) weapon set to swap between if you want to. This way you can drastically change your stats without having to change your armour.

Don’t mix and match ascended armour because you’ll lose out on the ability to really customise your build. If you want to customise your build, stick with changing weapons and trinket sets before thinking about armour. (You’ll get more stat for your currency with trinkets and weapons.)

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

I happened luck out on a cleric drop, so I’m going to focus my healing in the armor and use the accessories/upgrades for balancing elsewhere. I will likely mix Cleric and Knight and buff power with upgrades, maybe some precision. I usually avoid Vitality, ferocity, and durations/conditions are niche builds for me.

Or you can run wupwup/celestial with divinity, and have something that is passable across the board, even if it doesn’t excel. I did a war like that with exotic, and tailored my weapons for what i felt lacking. It was pretty well rounded and survivable. Dungeons are the real challenge on that toon because it was a warrior. But it worked, meh.

Incidentally, i feel healing is often overlooked for the value it provides in open world. Depends on how you kit out, of course, but I feel hampered with nothing but power in open world. I like having some healing and some toughness, and sometimes precision not for damage but for procs.

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

When people say “use Soldier’s” in WvW, it’s more for simplicity. You will be in the ballpark in terms of stats for where you want to be, but not finely tweaked for optimization. Soldier’s builds are more to get you to a certain level in both survivability and damage output. But you will find most organized guild builds either do not have soldier’s gear at all or have less than 50% soldier’s gear. It’s also to compensate for a lack of composition and other negative things that come with being a PUG in WvW.

I cannot really comment more in-depth because I don’t even know what class your running. But I do think this site should help you with some guidance:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

When people say “use Soldier’s” in WvW, it’s more for simplicity. You will be in the ballpark in terms of stats for where you want to be, but not finely tweaked for optimization. Soldier’s builds are more to get you to a certain level in both survivability and damage output. But you will find most organized guild builds either do not have soldier’s gear at all or have less than 50% soldier’s gear. It’s also to compensate for a lack of composition and other negative things that come with being a PUG in WvW.

I cannot really comment more in-depth because I don’t even know what class your running. But I do think this site should help you with some guidance:

Lol metabattle tells you to run soldiers for wvw and zerk for pve for every “meta” build they have. I hear metabattle is like pvxwiki from gw1, it advertises the “best” setups in the game, but really the metas are only the best on the website. Any good gw1 player will agree that pvx wiki builds SUUUUUUUCKED! I’ve also heard many people who are up there say that DnT releases their builds to mislead people intentionally – take that as you will.

(edited by Redxon.6832)

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Lol metabattle tells you to run soldiers for wvw and zerk for pve for every “meta” build they have. I hear metabattle is like pvxwiki from gw1, it advertises the “best” setups in the game, but really the metas are only the best on the website. Any good gw1 player will agree that pvx wiki builds SUUUUUUUCKED! I’ve also heard many people who are up there say that DnT releases their builds to mislead people intentionally – take that as you will.

I don’t think the builds are there to intentionally mislead people. I know of one of the “administrators” there. I don’t know them well. But let’s just say I know their “real” opinions on builds. Part of the problem with the WvW meta builds is NA is garbage. Even the best guilds are garbage. And from what I know metabattle is run by NA players. So if you play in NA, how wrong can you go by NA standards?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For me, I only ever intend on crafting ONE Ascended gear set, so my aim is to make it as generically useful as possible. This means I’m crafting a mixed armor set of various different stats, although I’ll be using Berserker for the chest piece and Sentinel for the leggings, so it leans a bit more towards offense. I’m still keeping several other armor sets for niche builds like conditions or healing, but I’ll just be using Exotic for those.

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

For me, I only ever intend on crafting ONE Ascended gear set, so my aim is to make it as generically useful as possible. This means I’m crafting a mixed armor set of various different stats, although I’ll be using Berserker for the chest piece and Sentinel for the leggings, so it leans a bit more towards offense. I’m still keeping several other armor sets for niche builds like conditions or healing, but I’ll just be using Exotic for those.

This is the kind of approach I was looking at taking, though I did wonder about whether Celestial would suit me. Think I’ll need to sit down and work out what stats to mix ‘n’ match.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Ascended armor is worth it only for fractals. Use exotics for strange builds, and craft a berserker/assassin mix for fractals. The stat gain is far too low to consider it.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

The value in ascended isn’t really the stats for me, but the fact that it’s account bound, so I can switch between characters without having to acquire a whole new set of armor, trinkets and weapons.