[suggestion] more active defence

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Hello everyone,
i was wondering what if we get more active and fast, but shorter, defensive skills?
Just few example to better explain:

warrior -> shield -> shield stance
now: 30 sec CD -> block attacks for 3 sec
more active defence: 10 sec CD -> block attack for 1 sec

guardian -> shield -> shield of absorption
now: 40 sec CD -> push back + duration 4 sec + heal on explode block projectiles
more active defence: 20 sec CD -> all halved effects

mesmer -> feedback
now: 40 sec CD -> reflect 6 sec
more active: 20 sec CD -> reflect 3 sec

and so on… the purpose is to halve the duration but also the CD simply because this way you have to choose which single attack block or not to block. For example, now with warrior you press “defence stance” when under massive attack end block everything for 3 sec which is more skill less than use “defence stance” to block attacks for 1 sec simply because this way you don’t “avoid damage for 3 sec” (and so you get all the time to run away) but the reduced duration should make you think better on what to block…

what do you think?

Posted by: DanielGames.5198

DanielGames.5198

I think that if these changes were made then you’d have to give the classes less dodges, like reducing vigor uptime, since decreasing the duration and cooldown pretty much gives them extra dodges.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If these changes were made I would never bother using a shield on a warrior again. Not that I have much reason to use it now. 1s is just really useless. For some longer channeled attacks it might not even be able to block 1 whole attack. Halving the healing from SoA is debatable. Changing Feedback like that would just be a buff for most situations.

A shorter CD is just as likely to encourage less thinking because you can use it again in a couple of seconds anyway. Especially if you also take the trait to reduce CD.