best sigil of fire or of air? I would like an overview pve, wvwvw and 1v1 /2

I have seen that the difference of damage is minimal

on the 900 with the fireĀ and 1100 with the air

But the fire is aoe!

superior sigil of fire or of air?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Eerekai.9438

Eerekai.9438

I can only speak from a PvE perspective, but I’d go with the air. While the AoE is nice, I don’t usually run into anything with air resistance.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’d want to say Fire. as you mentioned yourself, the difference in dmg is not THAT big. and AoE is always nice. if you’re 1v1 obviously air can be nicer for a slightly larger “spike” but in a 1vN situation, fire will definitely be more beneficial than Air.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

I can only speak from a PvE perspective, but I’d go with the air. While the AoE is nice, I don’t usually run into anything with air resistance.

there are no elemental resistances, both the air and fire sigil do the same type of damage, just ones slightly higher and single, the other is aoe.

as others said it comes down to what you want, the air would be better if you wanted a pure single target burst but flame is better for group situations.

As they both have the same cooldown of 5s I’d go with the flame blast, on average it will generally achieve more damage due to presence of more than 1 enemy, though will probably have the down side of occasionally agroing nearby yellow mobs in pve.

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

but in 1v1 maybe we are dueling with a ranger, necro, mesmer and others who generate copies mob and then you do not believe that even in these cases it is better nell’1vs1 the fire?

well because the air might be activated on any mobs / copy without damage to the person concerned!

Posted by: Chaszyrr.6479

Chaszyrr.6479

One more thing in addition to the other reasons, killing ambient in WvW is a guaranteed crit, a thief annoyed the hell out of me one day by doing this while I was out evading him. Works real well with PVT types.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Air if you 1v1, Fire otherwise.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Fire is better in all cases since it is aoe there is pnt a big damage difference. Like you said it’s also helpful when fighting mesmers of thieves who are in stealth etc.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Keep in mind large WvW zergs with retaliation up will hurt if you proc the aoe flame.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)