thinking of going for 100% completion

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

I’ve been playing off and on since pre launch but I never went after 100% completion cus people always told me it was hard and i have anxiety disorder and was too scared – lately i’ve been working on my self esteem and was able to finish some challenges I had in another MMo so thought now would be a good time to try 100% in gw2.

any thoughts/tips?

gonna try to get super psyched and do it!!

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Whoever told you it’s hard lied. Just pick one map at a time and work at completing it, the hardest bits are the WvW maps because you pretty much have to wait for your server to rotate through all 3 colors to get all the PoI’s and such.

If you’re having a hard time completing something on a map, my advice is ask for help in map chat, with the Megaserver there’ll usually be at least one or two good-sports who will come help you out.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Finishing the main world isn’t hard. What becomes an issue is getting completion in WvW, because you might get given a Boarderland that isn’t convenient for the objectives you need, or you might need the objective in a hard to siege keep, which the enemy team holds.

On a side note, its probably quite rude of me to point out, but its interesting that your anxiety manifests in the form of being scared of challenges, but then again, ive met people with stranger triggers for it.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

100% map completion isn’t hard so much as it can be tedious. I did it twice early on, within 6-9 months of the game release since I dropped a precursor for a weapon that I happened to actually want and thus I needed the gift. I then left it for a long time ankitten ow going to do it for a 3rd and likely 4th time.

I suggest not going for it all out. Just do it as a part of progression so it ends up being a bonus extra rather than being the goal of your roaming. If you go for it as your end goal, when you achieve it you’ll probably feel a bit flat but if it gets done as part of say an event chain run or materials harvest runs then you get the fun of obtaining a lot of materials, doing events, helping people do skill point challenges, toss in a dungeon run or two, a world boss or two and your session in GW2 will be more enjoyable for it.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Complete a few lowbie maps and see if you have fun doing it. Explore by yourself and only consult guides if you really really don’t get further. That is the most fun. If you are not the type and find it tedious, no use in forcing yourself. But as the others say, it’s not hard, just can take a while. If you have fun in exploring, absolutely go for it. I agree with the WvW part to be the most annoying. in the open world, I only found Orr harder for me personally because I dislike several design choices there.
Fun is everything. If you enjoy exploring, it will not be hard. Have fun =)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, WvW is the only trick part, my suggestion is, wait for your server change colors to complete it, like if your server is in the blue side, go complete the blue border, when your server change to green, go map the green border, and so on.

The PvE maps are really easy, just the Orr are gets a bit annoying, but with the megaserver it is less annoying than it used to be.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Dezert Stormz.7248

Dezert Stormz.7248

It just takes a while, its not really hard, as there is plenty stuff on the interwebz to help you when you ever get stuck somewhere.

Only thing that is hard/long to complete is WvW as you need all battlegrounds , just go in each week and do the most you can at that matchup or play alot of WvW so you cap points you need till completion.

The way i got 2 characters to 100%

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

There are a couple of places in Orr where it is hard to get something if a certain temple isn’t being held. There are also a couple of places that are hard if you don’t like jumping puzzles (vizier’s tower and that one near Sorrow’s Embrace).

Having done map completion three times now there isn’t anything I consider hard any more, but there is stuff I considered hard first time around. The jumping puzzle near Sorrow’s Embrace I rage quit on my first encounter with it after struggling through and then falling to my death 3/4 of the way through, but last time I went there I nailed it first time. Other than that I don’t have anything to add to what people have already said. Good luck!