total materials needed for kudzu

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: yajeflow.1072

yajeflow.1072

i am very close to completing the leaf of kudzu I. i just totaled up everything required so far to get here. in addition to things like having to do some dungeon stuff, some WvW stuff, buy 100 runestones for 100 gold, get 77 mystic clovers, world completion, 250 obsidian shards and 200 shards for the bloodstone, here are the regular materials needed to get to where i am currently:

i am using the ‘base’ materials. for example, if i needed 50 thick leather squares, it takes 4 thick leather pieces to make one leather square, so that would be 200 ‘thick leather’.

nomnomberries 250
thermo regents 450
orichalcum 6
soft logs 800
seasoned logs 1100
hard logs 1950
elder logs 3750
ancient logs 1506
Powerful Blood 250
Powerful Venom 250
Elaborate Totem 250
Crystalline Dust 255
Vicious Fang 250
Vicious Claw 250
Armored Scale 250
Ancient Bone 250
Ectoplasm 305
thin leather 1000
coarse leather 500
rugged leather 1000
thick leather 5000
hardened leather 750

wow.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find all the materials needed for each and every Legendary in the Wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kudzu#Full_material_list

Good luck.

yajeflow.1072

oh, i’ve seen that, and it is very poorly done. nearly worthless.

the reason is that you do not have a clear picture of what it takes on the three precursor weapons. none at all. for example, try to go there and tell me what it actually takes to get the leaf of kudzu I. i will tell you:
just for the stave, it takes 20 spiritwood planks. but what does that REALLY mean in terms of sheer materials?
softwood: 2 logs make one plank. you need 20 planks per spiritwood plank. so you need 40 logs for one spiritwood plank, or 800 logs for all 20.

see what i mean?
800 softwood logs
600 seasoned wood logs
1200 hard wood logs
20 ectoplasm
200 thermo regents
100 memories of battle
100 shards of glory
3000 elder logs

nowhere on your list does it show that i need 3000 elder wood logs to make leaf of kudzu I.
my list shows the total root materials needed. much more valuable.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, I’m afraid you would have to click on the item required, and then click, once again, on ‘Show Base Ingredients’.

I suppose that is a bit more time-consuming, but available on a more permanent basis.

yajeflow.1072

i’m still looking for the number ‘5,000’ for total thick leather sections needed by me thus far. that would’ve been great information to have prior to the start, no? sadly, it is not available. could be better.

thank you for your wish of luck. mine is about 130%, so i could use some more.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

You seem to be skipping back and forth between talking about the materials for Kudzu (the legendary) and Leaf of Kudzu (the precursor/collection).

Given the number of collections, sub-collections, and items required to craft while completing the Leaf of Kudzu, there is no good way to tally up the amount of materials needed aside from doing so manually (which you’ve done, and other websites have done). If you’re confident about your numbers, please feel free to add them to a wiki talk page, and we can see how they may be best presented. I’d suggest the Leaf of Kudzu talk page.

Much appreciated!

G R E E N E R

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If you have an account on Guild Wars 2 Efficiency and use your API you can get a list of what you need, even based on what you already have, with current cost on the TP. When using the crafting interface choose “Use own materials” at the top and the “crafting” radio button next to the precursor (Leaf of Kudzu for example) instead of the “TP” option. It is a very helpful tool for crafting complex items.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

i’m still looking for the number ‘5,000’ for total thick leather sections needed by me thus far. that would’ve been great information to have prior to the start, no? sadly, it is not available. could be better.

thank you for your wish of luck. mine is about 130%, so i could use some more.

The base materials for Kudzu WILL NOT tell you the materials needed to craft it’s precursor. It just tells you that you NEED the precursor. You want to know the amount of materials needed to craft the precursor? Go to the precursor’s page and look at it’s base materials. Or dont use the wiki because it’s crappy for such things and use gw2efficiency instead. For example- https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/30685-Kudzu
Shows that it actually saves you about 300g by outright buying leaf of kudzu as opposed to crafting it.

yajeflow.1072

aidan and trogdor – much appreciated. that site is far better at doing what i am looking for.

i do not wish to denigrate the gw2 wiki site, as i am amazed at the volume of data available here, and its accuracy.

i was able to find 16 things that need to be done for the kudzu II, but there are no base materials listed for each one or in total. 250 elder planks are one, and then 250 elder staves is another. i’m not sure how many logs will be needed for each stave, but this is probably another 3,000 elder logs.

i will repost when i get done all of the base materials required. it is really getting up there.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The wiki does a lot of things better than any similar site for any game out there. But there are still a number of areas where it could do better, often just in terms of presentation. Total amount of base stats for a set of collections is just one example; there are others.

There are plenty of people who work on the wiki who would work to improve these elements, so I highly recommend leaving a comment and pointing to this thread.

Here’s a good place to start:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Guild_Wars_2_Wiki_talk:Community_portal&action=edit§ion=new

(that links to the wiki’s community portal talk page, allowing you to start a new discussion)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/29172-Leaf-of-Kudzu

Have a look at gw2bltc.
If you click on “SL” (its next to the small blue shopping cart icon), the drop down list will give you the mat requirements, which includes both crafting and collections.

Aidan Savage.2078

aidan and trogdor – much appreciated. that site is far better at doing what i am looking for.

i do not wish to denigrate the gw2 wiki site, as i am amazed at the volume of data available here, and its accuracy.

i was able to find 16 things that need to be done for the kudzu II, but there are no base materials listed for each one or in total. 250 elder planks are one, and then 250 elder staves is another. i’m not sure how many logs will be needed for each stave, but this is probably another 3,000 elder logs.

i will repost when i get done all of the base materials required. it is really getting up there.

Part of it is just how the wiki is structured. When you look at the base ingredients of kudzu, it’s only going one level down in crafting materials for most things, while it’ll go down to raw materials for anything that’s refined. It does not go any further because the assumption is made that you’ve ALREADY gotten the precursor. The same is true of leaf of kudzu- it assumes you’ve already obtained the major materials from the previous precursor iteration and only gives you what’s needed for THIS step. That’s why a site such as gw2efficiency is so much better for crafting goals. It goes off your inventories to calculate where you are in the steps, what you have, and what you need to finish.

Speaking of which, if you’ve not done so already, navigate to Services→My Account→Applications tab and create a “master” API key. Load it up in an account at GW2E (obviously dont use the same password n kitten), and you’ll not only be able to track your crafting progress, it’ll also be able to tell you just how much gold you’re sitting on in character inventories (NOTE: IT CANT TELL IF SOMETHING IS SOULBOUND, so gold values may be incorrect if you have multiple exotic armor sets and whatnot), your bank, and your collection tabs. Additionally, you can view your trading post orders, and it’ll highlight anything that’s over/underbid at a glance, so you dont need to check each listing by hand. Additionally, you can track stuff as well, useful for getting an idea of what the price swings are so you can put in a less pricey bid on stuff you can wait for.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/29172-Leaf-of-Kudzu

Have a look at gw2bltc.
If you click on “SL” (its next to the small blue shopping cart icon), the drop down list will give you the mat requirements, which includes both crafting and collections.

As does gw2efficiency if you mark your desire to craft rather than buy. Additionally, GW2E can track what you’ve purchased in the way of materials and account for the new resources.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

oh, i’ve seen that, and it is very poorly done. nearly worthless.

the reason is that you do not have a clear picture of what it takes on the three precursor weapons. none at all. for example, try to go there and tell me what it actually takes to get the leaf of kudzu I. i will tell you:
just for the stave, it takes 20 spiritwood planks. but what does that REALLY mean in terms of sheer materials?
softwood: 2 logs make one plank. you need 20 planks per spiritwood plank. so you need 40 logs for one spiritwood plank, or 800 logs for all 20.

see what i mean?
800 softwood logs
600 seasoned wood logs
1200 hard wood logs
20 ectoplasm
200 thermo regents
100 memories of battle
100 shards of glory
3000 elder logs

nowhere on your list does it show that i need 3000 elder wood logs to make leaf of kudzu I.
my list shows the total root materials needed. much more valuable.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special:RunQuery/Base_ingredients_query&Base_ingredients%5Bitem%5D=Kudzu&Base_ingredients%5Bid%5D=3068501&Base_ingredients%5Bdiscipline%5D=Mystic+forge&wpRunQuery=true

It’s available from the wiki. In the recipe box that lists the four items for the Mystic Forge you need, there is a like “show base ingredients” which brings up the above link and a detail breakdown of the lowest base materials needed with their near current high bid.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Aidan Savage.2078

While true, I personally like, and recommend, GW2E’s crafting “tracker” for anything of this sort of magnitude. It just makes tracking the materials needed so much easier.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Agree, and the step by step instruction guild is nice as well.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/30685-Kudzu

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)