way to transfer skill points?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I have like 0 traits unlocked on my thief thats almost to lv80, and i can’t spend any skill points to unlock them because i don’t really have any (used them for skills). however i have 2k or more SP on my war.. is there any way to transfer them to my thief so i can unlock the traits?

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: cavemanreborntwo.5614

cavemanreborntwo.5614

I don’t think there’s anyway you can transfer, best option would be jump on a champ train and hope you get scrolls of knowledge from the boxes

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

With the new trait system you won’t be able to afford traits until you start skill point grinding at level 80. There isn’t a way to transfer skill points but if you have any scrolls they are account bound you can switch them over to your thief.

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

I always collect and save my Scrolls of Knowledge to use on alts. Any new characters made post-patch will have difficulty acquiring enough skill points on their own for skills/traits. You will need to be incredibly selective on what you spend it on or farm it up on an 80. I wish they made our total skill points account bound and save us the trouble.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

nm, I already got most of the traits I wanted

I just decided to do the events to unlock them. I thought it would take a long time since i had to explore through a lot of regions, but it was actually prty fast. there were some events to kill champs that I had to wait a while for help, but lots of others came (I think because they also needed the events for same reason). The world bosses were the easiest, all i had to do was make sure I had the WP and be there when it started. The unlock events to find the splendid chest was the one I actualy enjoyed, I think there should be more like that (like run through a JP or something). The only ones I ended up spending SP on were the 100% map completion ones and the WvW events to capture towers etc. which I was too lazy for xD

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Actually it is easy and fast, i rerolled my 2nd ele normally and he got all the desired traits by the moment hitting lv80. By the way his leveling only took me a week of time.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

With the new trait system you won’t be able to afford traits until you start skill point grinding at level 80. There isn’t a way to transfer skill points but if you have any scrolls they are account bound you can switch them over to your thief.

That is so untrue….I’ve bought plenty of Traits on my new (since Trait patch) character. You do need to be careful about what skills you unlock, but as long as you are clearing areas during level up, the skill points are there. Also, Tomes and Scrolls of knowledge aren’t exactly hard to get these days….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

TheBandit.7031

That is so untrue….I’ve bought plenty of Traits on my new (since Trait patch) character. You do need to be careful about what skills you unlock, but as long as you are clearing areas during level up, the skill points are there. Also, Tomes and Scrolls of knowledge aren’t exactly hard to get these days….

You get 75 skill points by level 80. That’s not even enough to unlock all your skills. Skill scrolls are very easy to get yes, but new players don’t really champion farm or know how to. Farming champions is ineffective at low levels anyway and gives crap xp.
Unlocking all traits costs 360 skill points. It’s unlikely you’ll unlock too many traits through gameplay, since most of them require killing higher level bosses.

(edited by TheBandit.7031)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You get 75 skill points by level 80. That’s not even enough to unlock all your skills. Skill scrolls are very easy to get yes, but new players don’t really champion farm or know how to. Farming champions is ineffective at low levels anyway and gives crap xp.
Unlocking all traits costs 360 skill points. It’s unlikely you’ll unlock too many traits through gameplay, since most of them require killing higher level bosses.

How are the 36 skill points you can get from JUST the starter zones not be usable by a low level? There are a total of over 200 skill challenges in the open world alone.

Also, a FULL LVL 80 build can only use 7 traits at one time. The average player likely uses less than 25 Traits 98% of the time (that’s less than half the available 65). You don’t NEED every trait unlocked by a long shot.

All you players exaggerating how HORRID the new Trait system is need to evaluate the REAL use of Traits by the average user, not just plop down gold and Skill Point numbers to obtain ALL traits and decry how unfair it is…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

TheBandit.7031

How are the 36 skill points you can get from JUST the starter zones not be usable by a low level? There are a total of over 200 skill challenges in the open world alone.

Also, a FULL LVL 80 build can only use 7 traits at one time. The average player likely uses less than 25 Traits 98% of the time (that’s less than half the available 65). You don’t NEED every trait unlocked by a long shot.

All you players exaggerating how HORRID the new Trait system is need to evaluate the REAL use of Traits by the average user, not just plop down gold and Skill Point numbers to obtain ALL traits and decry how unfair it is…..

You’ve pointed out a few things that make the trait system a problem. Do people want to go around the map farming skill challenges? Hell no, it’s beyond boring (not as bad as actually unlocking the traits though)
And yes, you can only use 7 traits at a time at level 80. What this means is players will have no incentive to unlock their other traits and try out new builds. I’m not sure where you’re getting less than 25 traits from. Before this update I at least tried out nearly all my traits, and used most of them in some build.
The fact is that when leveling a character you don’t want to run around farming skill points and getting trash experience. Grandmaster traits aren’t even usable until level 80.
If you enjoy the new system that’s great, but I can guarantee you that most new players and people leveling a new 80 will not have a fun time with traits.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I’ve lvled 3 characters since the new Trait system went into effect, no problem, map an area do the events move on. I’ve brought maybe 3 unlocks because I don’t care for WvW I enjoyed the challenge and I had fun, and whatever trash experience is if I had it I will hopefully enjoy it just as much on my next character.