what are elementalists best at?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sarahxx.5378

Sarahxx.5378

Q:

Lately I have been doing research on elementalists, and I am trying to figure out what they are really good at. What are they best used for? Are they good in Pvp, WvW, dungeons etc. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to base my ele off of. Anything would really help. Thanks

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

A:

Elementalists are fabulous in dungeons. Highly wanted when built right. Plus there are actually a few builds that work, which is really great.

I know that they are less than stellar in pvp, and in wvw I think they are middle ground.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Laying fields. Very fowerful in Zergs, especially WvW.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

eles have a ton of skills at thier disposal and can be built for many different things. they are good in every aspect of the game but not nacessarily the best at anything. they are highly mobile including access to tons of swiftness, vigor and condi cleanses. they can be built as great bunkers (tanks) for point control in pvp. they can be built to dish out huge aoe damage. they can be built as excellent boon machines with all of their combo fields and aura sharing. they can be built for a great healing/support ally usually in tandem with their boon building. they can be built for good melee with dagg/dagg, good midrange with scepter/dagg, or for great range combat with a staff. their huge amount of skills via attunement swapping encompass a wide variety of single target damage, aoe damage, crowd control (ie. chill, immobile, cripple, knockback, blinds), and they also have access to a huge amount of conditions. they have highly revered summoned weapons which can also be equipped by another ally allowing for huge damage/control spikes or they can summon ‘pets’ to help deal with some over aggro and do some passive damage (mostly useful for soloing). to sum it up, the elementalist is highly versatile and has a huge amount of tools at thier disposal. the main drawback to an elementalist is that they have so many tools in their bag of tricks that many people can become overwhelmed and try to make a sort of ‘jack-of-all-trades’ which is very detrimental to the elementalist as they have relatively low stats compared to most of the other professions to make up for the versatility. this is often the case with most of the professions though tbh as the build system is designed in such a way that it’s too easy to add ‘a pinch of this and a dash of that’ because all of the professions are fairly varied and can, for the most part, be built for the same kinds of things. my ultimate advice for you as an elementalist is to decide on ONE MAIN ROLE (ie. critical dps) or perhaps maybe even two SYNERGETIC roles such as healing and boon support (although healing is scaled terrible in this game, ele is one of the best for it and can provide protection, might, regen, fury, swiftness, etc to entire parties). whatever you do, just remember to try to keep your build with your Ele pretty focused as that is really what you need to do to be an effective ele. this is true with builds in general but other classes can sometimes have a bit more leeway with their generally higher base stats. hope this helps good luck and maybe you not get carpal tunnel associated with playing an elementalist :p