what should i do ? return player HELP

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: arain.5973

arain.5973

been busy with real life, now can play like couple hours per day and whole day for weekend to play gw2 again! but i been around for about 3 weeks now and still couldnt figure it out what should i do first and more efficiently using my times to play to catch up the contents!

what i have :
i have all lvl 80 classes except mesmer and necro. all elite specialization unlocked.

i have ascended weapons(legendaries) and trinkets for all classes. armor is all exotic

i have lots of mats sitting in storage.

my fractal level is 50

my mastery level is 25 and have 80 more points available total

all class has like 80~100% map completion

didnt do any living story.. yet ap is around 10k have around 250 laurel

mostly i play pve contents but i do play pvp so i know all classes mechanic and meta build and rotations i practiced.

my question is simply since i can play only couple hours per day what should i do first for most efficient ways to catch up the contents.

what i was doing is running boss timer in HoT stuff that is all i do for these couple weeks and i probably need full ascended armors and i dont know do i have to do fractal? maybe for legendary backpack? and i gotta unlock living story for new maps too. i only have couple hours a day so what should i do lol

Posted by: arain.5973

arain.5973

oh i didndt play before Raid comes out so i have no experience in Raid. only have 3 legendary insight

Posted by: spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

oh i didndt play before Raid comes out so i have no experience in Raid. only have 3 legendary insight

Fractals are a lot different now, I’d advise looking up on that first! But I’d wait until halloween is over as it is the main PvE thing right now!

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Question: what (or who?) do you want to catch up to? “Contents” in this game can be pretty much anything. Experience the story, complete collections, explore maps, progress your masteries, advance your fractal level, gain pvp or wvw ranks, and lots and lots of other activities and goals.

What you spend your time with depends entirely on your goals, and those depend pretty much mostly on what you enjoy about the game. How “effective” your playtime is again depends on what goals you pursue. So to give you some ideas of what to do, it would be helpful to get an understanding of what it is you are looking for in the first place.

(edited by Rasimir.6239)

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

… my question is simply since i can play only couple hours per day what should i do first for most efficient ways to catch up the contents.

… i probably need full ascended armors and i dont know do i have to do fractal? maybe for legendary backpack? and i gotta unlock living story for new maps too. i only have couple hours a day so what should i do lol

First, what are your goals? Everything in this game is accomplish-able in small chunks. Fractals only take a few minutes, depending upon your group and fractal choice. If that’s what you want to do, you can earn ascended stuff there. You certainly aren’t required to do fractals, though. You don’t really need ascended stuff unless you’re going to do really high-end fractals or raids.

You can also craft ascended pieces and since you have a bank full of mats, it’s a good way to go— if you like crafting. Several ascended components are time-gated 1/day, so you could spend 5 min. on this per day until you have the bits you need. If you need to farm more mats, maybe give yourself 15 min. to gather. Since there are daily gather rewards, this should be an easy bonus thing.

As I see it, you have plenty of mastery points to spend, but presumably need XP to buy mastery abilities, so you need to earn XP in the new maps (the four HoT maps, Bloodstone Fen or Ember Bay) to earn them. You’ll pick up a lot of XP and more masteries for doing any living story there.

I recommend starting with HoT story, as it will give you a lot of context for what’s happening in those areas. There are 16 chapters, but most are short, do-able in short chunks, and solo-able. For most, you could probably knock out two or three chapters in an hour. (Some have trouble with the final chapter and if you do, you can bring a friend or group to help you complete it.) It doesn’t matter if your personal story is complete, or you didn’t play the Season 2 stuff that brought us into Dry Top and Silverwastes.

To get to Bloodstone Fen and Ember Bay, you have to do Living World season 3 at least once. You can also skip directly to this part of the story if you don’t want to do the Season 2 or HoT stuff. Chapter 1 opened Bloodstone and Chapter 2 gave us Ember Bay. You could, of course, play these— the new shiny— and go back and do HoT story later. Both of these maps give LOTS of XP while the story offers a few more mastery points and a couple of new mastery abilities, too.

Whatever you choose, have fun!