which class to 80

which class to 80

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

So I want to take a character to 80, but I just can’t decide which to do it with. I want to experience all the gw2 has to offer, such as make a legendary ,do dungeons, WvW, and explore.

I only really have enough time to focus on one character for all of this. Which would be the best to put my time in.

Thanks

which class to 80

Posted by: xridir.8431

xridir.8431

That is an impossible question for another to answer. Every individual is unique, Some people absolutely love Humans while others hate Asura, or vice versa. Some hate Warriors and love Elementalists. So I will give you a route that you should take in creating a character to take to level 80.

Remember, getting to level 80 isn’t an hour or two process, it is days, even weeks, some people don’t sleep ever and get to it fast. So to start, what is your favourite race? Each race has a class that makes more sense to their story and this will help you stick with a character longer. So through alot of playing, google searches and research these are the best classes for each race.

Asura: Engineer – The Asura are inventors, alchemists, mad scientists. The Engineer makes the most sense and their short stature and corkey personalities fit best with this class.

Charr: Warrior, Gaurdian, Ranger, Theif – The Charr are very much like the Norn in that they are very aggressive and warlike. Enough said.

Human: Any – The way I see it is each class fits into a certain upbringing. Streets, Thief, Necromancer. Common, Warrior, Ranger, Engineer. Noble, Guardian, Elementalist, Mesmer. Humans like any RPG or MMO are the most versatile and the story fits into what ever you choose.

Norn: Warrior, Guardian, Ranger – Norn are a warlike people, much like Dwarves. They are huge and burly as well as swift and agile. If you want a big bruiser play as a Norn Warrior or Guardian. I think if you play a female Norn the Ranger is best.

Sylvari: Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Ranger – I see the Sylvari as an Elf like race. There-for agile and Magical. I have not played much with the Sylvari but from what I picked up these are the best classes for their story.

Look at yourself personally and picture yourself in this game, it is an RPG. What do you see yourself as? A Magic user, a close up in person fighter, or pick apart from afar scrapper? If your class feels most like you, then you will enjoy your character much more and stick with him/her.

When making your characters appearance spend alot of time on this, you will be playing him/her for hours after all you don’t want to dislike the way they look and keep restarting to change that.

which class to 80

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

The one you enjoy playing the most, and only you can answer that question.

which class to 80

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Take any brand new character to the Heart of the Mists and goof around with all of the skills. You get a taste of what each profession has to offer without the time investment. PvP can be done at level 2 so give em all a try and see what they bring to the table. You may find that what seems good on paper doesn’t have the feel you enjoy.

Above all, play what you enjoy the most. Every profession has strengths and weaknesses. And those change with every patch (monthly).

My only caveat is that I dislike the look of male characters on light armor classes cuz I hate dudes in dresses. That is all.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)