which world to join, im UK based

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Any European server that does not have the signs [FR] (French), [D] (German) or ESP (Spanish) in front of them. I vote for Aurora Glade, personally. :P

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

If you’re looking for PvE content, than Desolation is a recorder in some events (wurm, tequatl, whatnot), but if you’re mainly into PvP and WvW, I’d suggest my server, Saefarers Rest.

Pretty decent PvE community, but the server focuses on WvW (talking about SFR).

Welcome to Tyria.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I’d pick your server based on their World vs World because it’s the only thing you can’t guest. Guesting allows for the same experience as when playing on your own server. (European servers can only guest to European servers and up to 2 servers in a 24h period, but besides that there’s no issue.)

I can say I very much enjoy SFR’s WvW, but due to the server restriction I can’t compare it to anything else. Desolation is my usual go-to server when I do anything Open-World related, this started because a friend played there, but it always gave me a warm and welcome feeling so it turned into a habbit.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m on Desolation and many people joke about it being “Guestolation.”

Seafarer’s Rest is probably the better choice for WvW, but Desolation DID come first place in that silver league :P

Deso #1 PvE and SFR for #1 WvW, I suppose.

Posted by: Hammerstien.6987

Hammerstien.6987

help was great

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

I’ll add Piken Square to the list of possibles, it is a busy and friendly server, and while it is the unofficial Role Playing server for the EU this rarely gets in the way if you don’t RP, and RP servers do tend to attract a slightly more mature player for some reason.

Posted by: NaGe.1930

NaGe.1930

I am from UK as well and new too. I bought this game last week and have been playing in Pikens Square since then. Why? “Unofficial Roleplaying” server they say, and RP servers attract more mature players (unless GW2 is an exception). Also it’s population is High so that should transfer into less lag in crowded locations. All that was my reasoning why I chose this server.

So far I’ve only been in Norn and Human lands. Number of people around seems just about right, not too many not too little. People don’t spam in /map chat that much. Infact it’s pretty quiet there. I guess most newbs don’t know how to use it anyways haha!
I have seen one shout in Russian and one in Italian. Advertising their guilds probably, but other than that chat was purely in English.