who has better aoe and damage

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: winterlove.6834

winterlove.6834

between a necro and a engineer who does better damage? also im assuming the engineer has better aoe?

and is necro mostly usefull for big boeses siungle foes

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Umm…engi?

I dont get the question though. They kinda dont have the same skills

winterlove.6834

well i like engineers and necros alot and im tryin to figure out wich one to lvl cause im slow due to time but i wanna aoe stuff and do high damage

Gestankfaust.4216

Neither are great for you then. They both level slower than some others. But my Engi is fun and levels ok. I have great AOEs when I need them.

winterlove.6834

well i can buy some XP boost why do they level slow

Gestankfaust.4216

It’s not that they level slow…per say

They don’t kill all in sight as fast as the rest is all. It’s more of a take your time and clear an area class to me. I totally have fun , but know I can’t jump in and decimate the masses. See what I mean?

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

I would suggest going with the Necromancer! I have 2 level 80 Necromancers and simply love the class! When you start out I suggest that for a main weapon you go with the staff (since the staff lays down a series of marks that all does AoE damage) and concentrate on Minions. They are perfect for keeping you safe and for tagging mobs. This way you will quickly level!

Normally I level as a Minionmancer like this until I reach around level 50+. From there on I switch traits to specialize in Wells. Wells can do massive amounts of damage to single targets, or mobs. If you trait for Focused Rituals you can throw down wells at 900 range which is great for any situation. Normally this is powerful enough to push you right up to level 80.

As for which class is better in AoE? My choice would be the Necromancer – although I must admit that I have not tried the Engi yet.

Good luck and enjoy the class that you decide to go with!

Sylvari for life. <3

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

My necro with well dagger build is able to take on 6~7 foes together. Maybe take longer time than my warrior back in the same level but, as i recall my warrior was only able to take 5 foes, 6~7 could be too much before he learn shout heal.

And Necro well skill is extremely handly AoE tool to multiple foes.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

For AoE Engineer wins between those 2 . Grenade Kit, the rocket turrets overcharge , #1 on Pistol has splash damage and # 3 on pistol bounces ,flamethrower kit and thats just to name a few .

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Elementalist is far superior to both.

Like asking which beat up heap of junk is the better car when you can also drive a Ferrari.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Agreed .

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Like asking which beat up heap of junk is the better car when you can also drive a Ferrari.

Lol.. did you just compare an elementalist to a Ferrari?

Lol.. did you just compare an elementalist to a Ferrari?I’ll keep my beat up heap of junk engineer.

winterlove.6834

the necro does far more damage then an engineer dont they?

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

Never played engi but AoEs with necro can be hella fun. Especially epicdemics.

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Depends. Necro can be bursty with a power/precision well/staff build, or you could deal consistent but lower damage with condition/epidemic build. Engineer, on the other hand, can do the same, if not better, at stacking conditions, or you could go the hundred-nades build and be really bursty with grenade-barrage and static-discharge/kit-refinement. Engineer also has better support options than necro in some situations.

Judging from your past posts in which that you couldn’t even play a warrior right, I would highly suggest you to play a necro; it is a lot less complicated than engi. While being more diverse in options, engineer is hard to learn and hard to master.

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Condition Necro ftw lol. Honestly I love my condimancer and while I can’t burst down a single target like other classes I can round up any monsters within 1000 yards, stack 10-15 bleeds plus poison cripple chilll weakness etc. then spread it to the group for consistent second by second dps while I run around them laughing (necro brings out the sick and twisted in me ^/^)

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Condition Necro ftw lol. Honestly I love my condimancer and while I can’t burst down a single target like other classes I can round up any monsters within 1000 yards, stack 10-15 bleeds plus poison cripple chilll weakness etc. then spread it to the group for consistent second by second dps while I run around them laughing (necro brings out the sick and twisted in me ^/^)

Until you face one of the enemies immune to Conditions.

Until you play with another Condition Necro hogging your Condition stacks.

Until you need to destroy and object or structure.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Gestankfaust.4216

I dunno about necros…but my engi with a bomb or grenade kit? Kinda cool

winterlove.6834

well iv gotten my warrior down pretty good now, in the begging i sucked atr the game till i found a good build. i leveld an engineer and a necro 10 lvls but havnt decided wich cause one of them im hoping to be my main 80 my warrior is kool but im havin alot of fun with the two i cant pick one but im erly level yet

Gestankfaust.4216

lol…well it sounds like you have accomplished “the” goal. The classes matter not if you are having fun with the one you chose.