wintersday achievements question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: titje.2745

titje.2745

hi, this is my very first gw2 wintersday
and i saw the shoulder skin. and when i saw it i thought nice i want this. so i work very hard for it but i have a few questions.

i need 4 achievements and i must know if i have to complete them while wintersday is up
or if i can complete them after wintersday.

the ones i need are
essence of mischief, essence of snowfall, magnanimous obsidian crystal and
masterful toast.

i see that masterful toast needs wintersday but a guildy told me that someone that she knows completed it this year in april.

so i want to be sure if i must complete it now or if i can safe money for others. becouse i am not rich i cant buy the drinks and all others and complete it.

thanks in advance

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can work on the drinks all year long.

As for the others, you can consult the Wiki (link above) for information about acquiring Winter’s Presence.

Good luck.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

If you haven’t already, do the “for the children” quest to get a Christmas tree in your home instance, so you get at least some free drinks all year.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Other than the 10K drinks, all the other parts of the collection need to or should be (due to materials availability) accomplished during Wintersday.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winter's_Presence

Note that according to GW2 Efficiency’s crafting calculator, the three items you need to craft for the collection, Essence of Mischief, Essence of Snowfall and Magnanimous Obsidian Crystal will cost you around 325-350 gold in mats, mainly due to the cost of Mystic Coin (150), Superior Sigil of Mischief (50) and Superior Rune of Snowfall (50).

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/77584-Magnanimous-Obsidian-Crystal,77659-Essence-of-Snowfall,77650-Essence-of-Mischief

But at the very least you should do the other four, the JP, Bell Choir, Toypocolypse and Snow Ball Mayhem before Jan 13th.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

titje.2745

thanks for answers

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Didn’t realize, since it’s a reward from a collection, that the calculator can do the actual skin.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/77645-Winter's-Presence-Skin

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

titje.2745

Its completed not bad that i got it done in the first wintersday. Yesterday the rng was with me. Finally a item that gave me some nice amount gold. After so much efford and time spend ingame. I needed it. So i bought 8500 drinks. Thnx anet it gave me motivation to play further