zone level & item level

zone level & item level

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

hi!
a silly question.
i noticed that playing low level zones also drops low level items…but i also see that sometimes it drops higher lvl items (for ex, playing starting zones with 80lvl charact sometimes i found also 80lvl items.)
is there a specific rule behind?
ty ^^

zone level & item level

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

if you play low level with a higher level you’ll indeed get the change to loot your level gear.
example: when you run lvl 80 AC dungeon (wich is a lvl 30-35 dungeon) you’l mostly get lvl 79-80 gear.

But sometimes you keep getting low level, imo…sell those junks

zone level & item level

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea not sure why you get both but it happens. Kill stuff in Queensdale with your 80 and you can get a lvl 78 green axe followed by lvl 8 blue boots. shrugs Who knows why; doesn’t make sense to me.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

zone level & item level

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012

The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.

zone level & item level

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Well..now that makes sense….thanks for the link Khisanth!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

zone level & item level

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

To add to this, any crafting material related drops (salvage items, bags, fine crafting mats) are always scaled to the level of the mob rather than your level. For instance you’ll never see a Vial of Powerful Blood from a level 8 troll but you can get Weak Blood.
(Of course that same level 8 troll could drop a lvl 80 sword that salvages for Orichalcum if you kill it with a level 80 character.)