0-8 With meta Reaper fix my mmr plzz !

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

well im quitting for now PvP im a decent player , playing meta Reaper , and i get rekt 0-8 not 1 win , something aint right here … Am i that unlucky ? My rating must be wrong … sigh

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: CombatEvolve.9238

CombatEvolve.9238

Mmr has nothing to do with current matchmaking. It depends on your current division, and a pip search range for people in your range.

That being said, even if you are playing something “meta”, that does not necessarily mean you are playing it well or great. For example, I could have the best reaper build off (insert build website), but that does not mean i can play it to its intended purposes since I’m not good at it.

Not saying you’re bad, its just a general statement on “meta” builds. For the most part, just know that all players are currently at the same “MMR”, good or bad, due to matchmaking changes in Ranked S2.

Summer Dawnguard/Taffy The Toymaker
Ehmry Bay loud and proud
Onyx Guard [oG]

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Its probably unlucky start, EVERYONE is amber so u can get litteraly anytrash level of players.
I get them once every 4 matches atm

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

Had awesome matches, but lots of tryhards that just started climbing the ladder. When good players move to higher divisions games will probably get easier.

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

it s funny to fight against this guys who play necro just because it s “op” and get killed in 1vs2 AHAHAH

in PvP

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

this isnt about good player or not, I know how to rotate ect, i’m a solo q player, and it’s a freaking pain playing with pugs. Like my last match, my whole team was capping close. Fighting off point, ect ect. How to win when u have this kind of team? gg anet

in PvP

Posted by: CombatEvolve.9238

CombatEvolve.9238

this isnt about good player or not, I know how to rotate ect, i’m a solo q player, and it’s a freaking pain playing with pugs. Like my last match, my whole team was capping close. Fighting off point, ect ect. How to win when u have this kind of team? gg anet

Life is about making connections with others. Networking.
My suggestion: find a party you’re confident with until you get out of amber hell. Then start solo queuing.

Summer Dawnguard/Taffy The Toymaker
Ehmry Bay loud and proud
Onyx Guard [oG]

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I have 12 wins in a row as condi engi, not even HoT. Too easy.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Mmr has nothing to do with current matchmaking. It depends on your current division, and a pip search range for people in your range.

That being said, even if you are playing something “meta”, that does not necessarily mean you are playing it well or great. For example, I could have the best reaper build off (insert build website), but that does not mean i can play it to its intended purposes since I’m not good at it.

Not saying you’re bad, its just a general statement on “meta” builds. For the most part, just know that all players are currently at the same “MMR”, good or bad, due to matchmaking changes in Ranked S2.

MMR still matters.

say for example,
match making grabs 10 amber players of similar pips.

then match making shoves them into teams of similar MMR.
means one team ’s MMR will always be higher than the other.

the new match making system puts all winners on one team and all losers on one team before the match even begin.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

MMR still matters.

say for example,

the new match making system puts all winners on one team and all losers on one team before the match even begin.

i don’t think it takes MMR into account tbh, based on players i was facing/had on my team today

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

People did not read the blog.

MMR is dead. Not used for match making anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

This system makes you have same mmr players on your side than you are vs a team from the division and pip range you are in.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

MMR still matters.

say for example,

i don’t think it takes MMR into account tbh, based on players i was facing/had on my team today

well perhaps all the 10 players in your games are of similar or almost same MMR ?
my example only applies if the MMR of all 10 players are quite different.

for example,
match making system grabs 10 amber players of similar pip range.
but all 10 players have say, MMR of 1000

so the system shoves them into teams of 2
red – blue
1000 1000
1000 1000
1000 1000
1000 1000
1000 1000

but say if 10 players have different MMR range, say
1500 1200 1300 1250 1350 1000 1100 850 950 1050

the system will match them like this
red – blue
1500 1100
1350 1050
1300 1000
1250 0950
1200 0850

i remember they say in the blog post or news post saying that they will match players of similar MMR together in a same team.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no, YOU did not read the blog.

in PvP

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

As we’ve mentioned previously, Ranked matchmaking in PvP during season two will now be based primarily on your current division placement and a predetermined “pip range” that extends from that spot. We’ll search for other players that fall within your pip range (which can extend outside of your division depending on where you’re currently placed) and pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level.

Show me once where MMR is even remotely brought up ? from SAUCE – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-two-changes/

They’ve abandoned MMR as a matchmaking tool and are using the pip and league system.

in PvP

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

I’ve been playing reaper since it started.. well almost.. i was doing a few things for the first hour or 2 xD.. but still.. im in Emerald now.
Sure I lost a few and was out played.. but i’ve clearly been winning and owning

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

As we’ve mentioned previously, Ranked matchmaking in PvP during season two will now be based primarily on your current division placement and a predetermined “pip range” that extends from that spot. We’ll search for other players that fall within your pip range (which can extend outside of your division depending on where you’re currently placed) and pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level.

Show me once where MMR is even remotely brought up ? from SAUCE – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-two-changes/

They’ve abandoned MMR as a matchmaking tool and are using the pip and league system.

“pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own.”

read “similar skill level” in order words player’s MMR.

doesn’t matter if you do not believe it.
fact is fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i see a lot of players bandwagon to reaper because they think its OP, then they fought against real necro players and actually decent players and get destroyed.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

And they did not even meet the cancerous clerical ele, the balance rollface healer that is stack in duo even by e-spuurt team…

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

just tank your mmr by sitting afk in a dozen of matches, anyway anet isnt banning for that

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

i see a lot of players bandwagon to reaper because they think its OP, then they fought against real necro players and actually decent players and get destroyed.

Pretty much this. It’s rare I have any issues at all with fighting Reapers when I’m on mine because necro is the class I have mained since head start, consisting of basically 75% of my playtime.

I should wipe the floor with almost anyone going for flavor of the month.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

These threads are getting silly. Playing a meta build doesn’t give you a win, which is how I made it to diamond last season with a 72% win rate playing a control warrior. All solo queue. Learn the game, pvp is more complex than it looks. I just responded a lot more in another thread if you are looking for some basic advice.

Playing a good build is useless if you don’t know how to rotate (minus those moments when you slaughter someone 1v1, and get a good laugh before 3 enemies are on you and you die wondering why your team is losing.). Rotation, team play, focus fire, and objective completion based on maps are what win games. You could have the best condi reaper build in the game, but if you are a team of slow reapers only, all meta builds, expect to get rekt due to limited team play and difficulty rotating. You may still win, if you are better than your enemies, but Meta builds have never given you victory. It just gives you the best tools for your class to succeed, when the rest of your team is also playing meta builds for other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: pakuras.7652

pakuras.7652

just tank your mmr by sitting afk in a dozen of matches, anyway anet isnt banning for that

So you suggest to lose some matches to be able to win some matches?

in PvP

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

if you lose 5 matches, your MMR goes down and you get to worse groups, losing even more, then you lose more and go even lower, and you can never actually get out of downward spiral?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

you can spam losses being at the point where you cant lose tiers/points then start playing after you feel like you dropped enough mmr

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

you can spam losses being at the point where you cant lose tiers/points then start playing after you feel like you dropped enough mmr

That’s the worst thing you can do in the current season if you want to progress….

All members of you team have similar mmr between each other, and the other team can be of any mmr range as long as they are on your pip range.

So imagine you drop your mmr to be the lowest in the pip range considered in the matchmaking, you will get on you team people with very low mmr always and you will likely play against players with much higher mmr.

Tanking mmr is a terrible idea if you want to advance fast.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

You think amber is hard?! Then you never get out of Emerald, maybe in about 3 weeks… I’m at emerald, tier 2, and I literally play with legendary ppl, some players got carried to Emerald to and they are so idiots, that can’t stag a person, or attack the pointed player…
It’s pathetic that some good players are at amber still now, and some idiots are in emerald… and a-net says there is no carry… one thing for sure, to climb ruby will be now hard as kitten, and to get to legendary, now only 3% of the ppl will get it.. I assure you that now you will not get the legendary if it was hard to get it in season 1.
I will remain in emerald, wait for you guys to help me get to sapphire, and you will be stuck for 2-3 weeks in emerald

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Can’t play with DD now, all I see are Necro stacks and Revs with faceroll Druid/Ele, the power creep on Herald and Reaper is kittening stupid…