1 Life Gamemode?

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: legenduu.4372

legenduu.4372

I am an avid GW2 player and i enjoy the pvp scene. I also like playing a lot of counter strike aswell. What if arenanet makes a round-based gamemode that will make each player have one life for each round. It will make the game more suspenseful and fun to play because it will add a “survival” aspect to the game and the 1v2/3/4/5 clutches!

“Thief is a balanced class” – Anet

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

They still can’t balance their main mode “conquest” and you expect new modes? Optimistic to say the least.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

That mode was called Random Arena and Team Arena back in GW1. If you don’t know the details, its 5v5 TDM, Last-man-standing. It was the best dang PvP experience of all time for me.
Now we just have Capture The Point and for some odd reason people get points for killing the enemy.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

God no…it would just become stealth and bomb.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

That mode was called Random Arena and Team Arena back in GW1. If you don’t know the details, its 5v5 TDM, Last-man-standing. It was the best dang PvP experience of all time for me.
Now we just have Capture The Point and for some odd reason people get points for killing the enemy.

dem was the days! hour after hour i could spend and have fun in RA. the beauty was the short intense battles. and since no mmr, queue was super short < 30secs when i played back then. and since it was tdm, even if u had a terrible team, u were wiped in < 2 mins and could move on and start a new match

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

its called annihilation mode.

you wipe the enemy team or get wiped, then move on.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

They still can’t balance their main mode “conquest” and you expect new modes? Optimistic to say the least.

+1

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

God no…it would just become stealth and bomb.

You spelled condi bunker wrong.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

its called annihilation mode.

you wipe the enemy team or get wiped, then move on.

Prior to people complaining about Courtyard not being what they wanted, I was unfamiliar with the term Annihilation referencing a PVP mode. Not sure if people just got caught up in the idea of Team Death Match, that it was just parroted around without people actually knowing what they were asking for.

Personally I do think that an Annihilation mode (probably best of 3 or 5) would have been a preferable mode to Team Death Match (Where it often becomes a snowball fest in unorganized play, in organized play, I found the one round that I got that was organized vs organized, it became a game of securing one more kill than your opponent, and then running away until time out, fun times).

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Not sure it would be that much fun in GW2… but you could do this if they beefed up custom arena controls. If they just had an option for setting respawn timer, you could set courtyard to end after 5 kills with a super long respawn.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You know what would be fun? A free-for-all last man standing game-mode. They’d have to have perma reveal on the map or something though to avoid perma stealth.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Perma reveal? Yea, not like thieves should get to PvP anymore. At least we’re wanted in PvE right….?

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Free for all, team deathmatch etc are all available in a highly upgraded guild arena, so whether they will implementing it in PvP really depend on dev’s mood.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Perma reveal? Yea, not like thieves should get to PvP anymore. At least we’re wanted in PvE right….?

Well how do you suggest preventing perma-stealth thief/mes from being OP in my suggested gamemode?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Well how do you suggest preventing perma-stealth thief/mes from being OP in my suggested gamemode?

There’s a ton of suggestions in the thief forums, namely being a rework of acro entirely and turning it into a shadow step related tree. You could place mini boss objectives around the map like svanir and utahein. You could create special anti-stealth zones. People scared of thieves can hide there, but miss out on the buffs and eventually the other team not camping the zone will snowball with all of the buffs they’ve received.

All off the top of my head naturally. I could come up with something better later on if necessary.

I’m not sure entirely how to stop vanilla mes from instagibbing everything, so I’ll let the people who’ve actually played mes to suggest fair trades.

Also, not sure if you’ve heard of this amazing class, but its called herald. They get free revives, tons of damage mitigation and, wait for it……. AN AOE REVEAL. AMAZING, RIGHT? Also, engi with lock on and stealth gyro is also a thing. This game mode would actually give DH’s a reason to use their abysmal reveal trap.

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I think a 3v3 elimination round based mode would work well in gw2, 4-5 people would be to much and 2 too little, but 3 would allow good team strategy, like having 1 person help someone in downstate while the 3rd tries to peel off the other group and stuff like that

They would probably have to limit certain amulete choices tho

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

You know what would be fun? ….

u lost anet right about here

1 Life Gamemode?

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

You gonna get your comment deleted by Forum Moderator… care man