1 for 1 rally in pvp?

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Should it happen, like in wvw?
Instead of 5 ppl only 1 can rally upon killing a foe.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Good call, do it.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Kicker.8203

Yeah it doesnt punish multiple people going down first if someone on the other team dies quicker.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Yes and I’d even advocate for downed penalty as well. Bring the whole package.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

And who would the rally prioritize? Is there even a right answer? No.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

Don’t tell just “No”. Imagine that this feature inevitably gets implemented, even if you don’t like it. How would you “fix” the problem you said?

It would have good and bad things. One of the problems would be the uncertainty “who would rallies? What determines who rallies?”

Should it be fair that the first person to get downed rallies first? Or should the one that did the most damage to the dying person? On the other hand, just to increase situational knowledge, maybe adding some kind of mark on the downed body, meaning it would rally first, can fix the uncertainty problem. Who knows.

Also, if you wouldn’t like this measure, aside from the uncertainty, it’d be nice you explain it, for the sake of discussion.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Would be good.
I personaly would remove all down skills and rally. Down goes in current down 4 (healing) automatically and thats it…

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

The prioritization is my only concern.

… I still want tengu.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The prioritization is my only concern.

I always liked dodgeball rules personally. Because it WOULD add skill. If a person stomps or gives last damage they get a buff that instantly rallies a person of their choice.

Of course it wouldn’t be AS clutch, but I think it’d be far more interesting and skill provoking.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

If you have to do mental gymnastics to figure out a fair way to implement it then maybe you just shouldnt change it. Been over 3 years as is, if it aint broke dont fix it.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

WvW rallies the closest no?

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

If you have to do mental gymnastics to figure out a fair way to implement it then maybe you just shouldnt change it. Been over 3 years as is, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Except it kind of is broken

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Rallying multiple people is fine in pvp, especially since they got rid of the quickness stomp .

on the other hand i wouldn’t be against adding in a downed penalty for each time you go down so long as the penalty resets when ooc/dead

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

How is it broken?

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

How is it broken?

Because one guy rallying 3 people is a cheesy kitten way to “turn a fight”. I’d imagine it got changed for a reason in WvW, and I’m assuming it’s a reason I tend to agree with, and have for a long time.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

How is it broken?

Because one guy rallying 3 people is a cheesy kitten way to “turn a fight”. I’d imagine it got changed for a reason in WvW, and I’m assuming it’s a reason I tend to agree with, and have for a long time.

It got changed in wvw because its large unorganized combat where the number of players on each side is almost always different, this change lets smaller groups have a better chance against larger zergs by not allowing the entire zerg to rally off of 1 single death

In spvp this imbalance doesnt exist unless you allow it to happen through bad rotation or just sucking in a team fight, its 5v5 always, not a potential 50vs20

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Created one about this in the past when they announced it for WvW. I think it should be tried in PvP as well. +10 here.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Don’t tell just “No”. Imagine that this feature inevitably gets implemented, even if you don’t like it. How would you “fix” the problem you said?

It would have good and bad things. One of the problems would be the uncertainty “who would rallies? What determines who rallies?”

Should it be fair that the first person to get downed rallies first? Or should the one that did the most damage to the dying person? On the other hand, just to increase situational knowledge, maybe adding some kind of mark on the downed body, meaning it would rally first, can fix the uncertainty problem. Who knows.

Also, if you wouldn’t like this measure, aside from the uncertainty, it’d be nice you explain it, for the sake of discussion.

For the sake of discussion, the mechanics would have to be indepth. It’s 1000 times easier for players to mark an enemy and rally from that stomped enemy. Players can roam and submerge themselves in more than one area in conbat.. marking multiple people. How can only 1 person rally from all of these markings?

Limit the rally range isn’t the answer. Calling for only 1 unique mark per target might be… but then it could get frustrating for everyone.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

I don’t understand how:
nearest to the stomp,
most or least health while down,
or longest time spent while down,
couldn’t be criteria to justify the rallying order.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Kicker.8203

I don’t understand how:
nearest to the stomp,
most or least health while down,
or longest time spent while down,
couldn’t be criteria to justify the rallying order.

+1

I’d like a mixture of those.
Prioritize people who are in a range of 1200. Then choose the one who was down the longest or one of your other suggestions.

This would cut back on the number of people rallying on the other side of the map.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Sake of consistency I would keep it the same as WvW. Stealing the quote from the other thread.

Some clarification on a bit of confusion I saw:

• When a dolyak reaches its destination it contributes to the upgrades of both the objective it is reaching and the camp it started at.
  • Rally order is closest-first. Combined with the rally limit of one this means that only the nearest downed player will rally off an enemy death.
  • Resurrecting the dead cannot be started in combat, but entering combat while already resurrecting someone will not force you to stop.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek/page/9

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

1 for 1 rally in pvp?

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

I disagree with the use of range. In that case it would cause players to make a choice of trying to survive or staying in range and going down.

… I still want tengu.