1 shot trap. This is not PVP.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

Even my DD build is 18,000 HP still got 1 shot.

- my 2/3 HP gone.
- I only have 1and Half sec to clean condi and heal.
- If succeed. I have to fight with Half HP left with heal on CD.
- If fail. I just wait until some enemy stomp me.

Is this ok? Is this GW2 PVP from now on?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Yeah I walked into one of these left by a DH who wasn’t even around any more. Multiple invisible traps resulting in insta death, zero counterplay because it is over in a sec.

in PvP

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Traps should automatically expire when their caster is out of 1200 range.

I’m also annoyed by my 18K-20K hp+ builds getting 1/2 to 3/4th drained by someone who’s killing a trebuchet halfway across the map. I can only imagine how annoying it would be for low HP class builds… or if the person who dropped them came back right after.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Entering a DH trap will proc the Daze half a second before the trap actually does damage.

So when you’re entering a node, watch out fot your condition bar, if you see a daze and hear the trap noise, just dodge immediately and you’ll be fine.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I thought pro Leagues showed that Full Trap DH only works against low tier players. There was so much QQ in the beginning against Trap DH and then when people saw that every team with a DH lost in the early rounds of pro leagues, the QQ mysteriously died out.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I thought pro Leagues showed that Full Trap DH only works against low tier players. There was so much QQ in the beginning against Trap DH and then when people saw that every team with a DH lost in the early rounds of pro leagues, the QQ mysteriously died out.

DH is played in NA Pro League.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Organized teams with a tempest just make DH’s life Hell really.
Magnetic Aura is pretty gud.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Well can someone guide me in countering them as a bunker chrono. Career guards running the med trap build force a decap and I haven’t managed to work out a counter. I can hold off 2/3 of every other class for reasonable timespans so I don’t think it’s an l2p, but I could be wrong.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

DH is still OP and worth the QQ.

since DH only works on non bunkers and only if the DH is near to stomp, then its reasonable to expect that that strategy would be avoided in pro leagues.

That doesnt excuse invisible 100HP-to-0 trap stacking with a half-second window of counterplay that doesn’t allow skill usage.

This is almost exactly Turret Engie Decap travesty, except now you cant see it.

Well can someone guide me in countering them as a bunker chrono. Career guards running the med trap build force a decap and I haven’t managed to work out a counter. I can hold off 2/3 of every other class for reasonable timespans so I don’t think it’s an l2p, but I could be wrong.

Don’t melee. Most sane DHs put their traps under them or near a frequently accessed channel. Avoid well-traveled lanes if a DH is nearby, dodge shots and range burn.

Also hearing you can 1v3 makes me salty.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I went over to the wiki page looking thru past patch notes, but I couldn’t find exactly when, but from memory its been at least a year or so.

Initially, Mesmer’s offhand focus skill “Temporal Curtain/Into The Void” was an instant pull/push. It did no damage it, but as soon as the curtain appeared the Mesmer could “instantly” trigger the pull/push.

Players raged because there was no counter.. they wouldn’t even see the curtain before being pulled. So a 1 second delay was added. So now the Mesmer has an 1/4 second “Temporal Curtain”, the curtain appears (red box around a transculent curtain) and after a second delay and skill changes to “Into the Void” and enables the pull/push.

Now we have the DH with high damaging traps(Invisible and instant cast).

Sure sounds like a “double standard”. Its like ANet doesn’t even remember its own patch history. Aren’t they discussing this stuff with each other?

“Hey Joe, I got a great idea for a new trap!”

“Whoa, hold on there Bob. We had something like that years ago. It didn’t go well. We had to change it like this?”

Why is it NOT OK for one skill to be an instant CC, but another to be a invisible/instant/high damaging trap?

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

I went over to the wiki page looking thru past patch notes, but I couldn’t find exactly when, but from memory its been at least a year or so.

Initially, Mesmer’s offhand focus skill “Temporal Curtain/Into The Void” was an instant pull/push. It did no damage it, but as soon as the curtain appeared the Mesmer could “instantly” trigger the pull/push.

Players raged because there was no counter.. they wouldn’t even see the curtain before being pulled. So a 1 second delay was added. So now the Mesmer has an 1/4 second “Temporal Curtain”, the curtain appears (red box around a transculent curtain) and after a second delay and skill changes to “Into the Void” and enables the pull/push.

Now we have the DH with high damaging traps(Invisible and instant cast).

Sure sounds like a “double standard”. Its like ANet doesn’t even remember its own patch history. Aren’t they discussing this stuff with each other.

“Hey Joe, I got a great idea for a new trap!”

“Whoa, hold on there Bob. We had something like that years ago. It didn’t go well. We had to change it like this?”

Why is it NOT OK for one skill to be an instant CC, but another to be a invisible/instant/high damaging trap?

Good point, but we have to avoid scrub thinking. We know there’s no balancing till January. So effectively dealing with DH should be the focus.

in PvP

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

I found DH traps anoying but no op, you have enoug time to reach went they pop up, and you know you can dodge the trap. Now everytime I enter in a point I dodge roll just in case.

You can use stability, teleport, inmunity skills, break stun skills, and they don’t really do so much damage. Is the stun that is problematic.

People just need to learn how to play against traps. And going all to the same spot in mid where there are 1 DH, 1 Tempest and 1 scrapper and all died in 2 seconds because the traps and scrapper stun and the tempest use his air overload in all you, is no the way to do it!!

Sorry for the little rant.

But in general DH traps are balanced, still anoying but balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Generally if I can see the guard, i’ll know where not to go, but some of my classes I run pure melee, so that’s especially crappy lol.
I have hit random traps though, but none were powerful enough to really do anything, least not on the chars I was using at the time.

But you can make similar arguments for trap rangers, except ranger traps don’t hit as hard, don’t have as many effects, and I’m pretty sure have a much smaller aoe field.

Not quite what I’d call balanced.

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

That’s your opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

That’s your opinion.

The problem with DH traps is the daze. Nuff said.

Being dazed continously will prevent any counterplay once you triggered them

Daze on traps is a severely overpowered trait for an Adept. If you slot in 4 traps you basically get 4 sources of AOE HARD CC.

Just compare it with the ranger Trap trait.

Cripple on proc. <—————————————————- Just compare that to DH trait, the latter is obviously OP.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Ven Zehn.6573

Edit to my prior post, seems the trap areas of effect are the same number-wise according to wiki, probably just the huge animations the guard traps get.
Though damage and effects of guard traps still blow ranger traps out of the water.

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

Not to mention:

Heavy Light – Longbow arrows knock back when enemies are within the range threshold. Gain stability when you knock an enemy back.

So even if you avoid the first trap, DH’s longbow’s AA can knock you back. And allow for those “instant” traps to be dropped right on top of you while you are knocked down.

Hey, its in the game. You use what you can to win. But don’t tell me is “balanced”.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

This is exactly the same mentality we saw with mesmer stealthnukes, engineer grenade nukes, and thief instagibs.

why are people defending zero-counterplay instantnukes like there’s a way to rationalize it?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

This is exactly the same mentality we saw with mesmer stealthnukes, engineer grenade nukes, and thief instagibs.

why are people defending zero-counterplay instantnukes?

Because they benefit from it.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I found DH traps anoying but no op, you have enoug time to reach went they pop up, and you know you can dodge the trap. Now everytime I enter in a point I dodge roll just in case.

You can use stability, teleport, inmunity skills, break stun skills, and they don’t really do so much damage. Is the stun that is problematic.

People just need to learn how to play against traps. And going all to the same spot in mid where there are 1 DH, 1 Tempest and 1 scrapper and all died in 2 seconds because the traps and scrapper stun and the tempest use his air overload in all you, is no the way to do it!!

Sorry for the little rant.

It is class stacking that is problem

I had pleaseure of beeing against 3Dh ,covered whole mid point in legacy nowhere to run or hide rly.
They had rev and necro on home and didnt even try for far ,ever

Essentialy they could reinforce that close very hard when needed cause
mid was whole coverd by traps …

Lol still could be countered if we knew what was against us ,but toughtime srsly…

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You can definitely tell who doesn’t know how to play in this forum when they complain about DHs.

Although a DH did kill me on my rev earlier today. Maybe i should have made a thread about that.

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

You can definitely tell who doesn’t know how to play in this forum when they complain about DHs.

Although a DH did kill me on my rev earlier today. Maybe i should have made a thread about that.

Teach and preach, don’t leech.

in PvP

Ven Zehn.6573

1 DH without a team to support isn’t an issue to most people, but I can imagine the frustration of 3 DH’s on mid (probably on comms)

in PvP

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

Even if DH is not op, its just 0 fun. I don’t think that lockdown like that of DH should be in the game. I never liked moa as well, and not because its op or anything. Any stun that requires more than an instant stunbreak+dodge out to get rid of is just too kitten annoying imho.