1 v 1 mode please.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Can we please get this in the expansion ? I want like a best 2 out of 3 or something along those lines just quick battles me vs the other guy. I don’t care if there is even rewards I just would like the ability to do 1 v 1 in the pvp lobby.

It’s not going to hurt anyone at all If you don’t want to do it you don’t have to do it. I want this mode mostly for testing out builds and I would like to do this against a human opponent player and not those mindless AI’s that a monkey could beat.

-Ironcurtain

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Go to one of the many 1v1 servers like the rest of us do…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I will admit I did not know you could do this with the current interface as I have only started to really get into pvp with this game. I will look into it but it would be cool if there was some maps also for 1 v 1

-Ironcurtain

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

1v1 servers might even be better than a matched system since you can actually choose what class/build you go against, instead of constantly been matched against a build that rolls over yours or gets rolled over by yours.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Would be nice to have a supported 1v1 based match mode. Could grab 15 or 20 people and have 1v1s in a coliseum type setting until there was one victor over all. Only problem would be bunker vs bunker never ending so there would have to be some sort of feature that maybe started to eat a % of peoples hp pools after a time limit passed.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Would be nice to have a supported 1v1 based match mode. Could grab 15 or 20 people and have 1v1s in a coliseum type setting until there was one victor over all. Only problem would be bunker vs bunker never ending so there would have to be some sort of feature that maybe started to eat a % of peoples hp pools after a time limit passed.

Or an infinite radius skyhammer that becomes more frequent as time progresses until it’s firing once every 2 seconds.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Nythrilyn.2146

Nythrilyn.2146

Well, if the guild halls will be anything like the one’s in the original Guild Wars, then they should have the option of having a GvG-like battle. aka Scrimmage. Why they didn’t put the guild halls in when they started the game.. i have no idea O.o seeing as the guild halls were the base settings of the ‘guild wars’

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

will NEVER happen cuz that would mean A-net would have to balance professions for 1v1 and they have admittedly said that they do not balance based on 1v1 situations but on team play.

so yeah, join a 1v1 private server like the rest of us and enjoy.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Tactu.4867

Tactu.4867

Ugh .. .this distortion of fanboyism and brainwashing here

Aion had 1 v 1 arena/ “gamemode” and it was super mega giga ultra hyper supra maxi tera uber fun and rewarding.
This was in a hard trinity game , and where the game was actually balanced on team fights (ahem, no! gw2 it’s not, stop lying to yourself ).

A game where you had HARD COUNTERS classes . Do you realize now ? you had to 1 v 1 a hard counter, 80% failure rate against it , and man that was rewarding when you
beat the crap out of that one .
You had like 2 mins to prepare for the fight and it was 2 out 3 rounds . The maps had side objectives(like channeling orbs that gave points/ and lots of others ) that were there to help in this case.
If you were defeated in a fight that won’t end the round and this was great as you could come back, if the enemy used his big spell / long cooldown skills.
You had a ticket a day to participate in this kind of mini tournament. but you could stack them ( gather 5 of them in the week and do 5 mini tournaments in a row in the weekend)

This could soooooooo be in Gw2 . but no…. this is friendly community promoting and bla and bla and blabla circle-jer*ing .

If they wanted to be competitive/rewarding we would have :
– Ladders(correspondent to leagues)
- leagues( corespondedt to mmr)
- 1v1
- maybe(2v2 or 3v3 on Conquest so we can party with a friend against other 2 players ),
- dishonered
- profession mmr ,
- targeting
- no lvl1 player in Ranked arena

none of the mentions actually are right now in the game, they just said nice words about them.

SFR – lvl 80 Ornamentalist

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Picking GW2 as the game of choice isn’t even a question, according to this “recent” post. http://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/2wwl51/aion_or_gw2_for_pvp/
Why even get a subscription game if it’s not all that much better?

Honestly, i’m sure there’s a lot of items the Devs would like to add to the GW2 PvP scene but they don’t have the resources for it. Plain and simple. I say this because I’ve seen plenty of Devs say, “That’s a good idea” or “We have that in the works”… these have been said since launch. We actually see these changes once a year.. if that.
but that GvG we’re getting in the expansion though <3

In an unrealistic Arenanet world, we probably would have received some form of 2v2 or 3v3 arenas as there’s truly no downside to them. More people would come, PvP longer given the game mode diversity, more tournaments, leaderboard competition, extra titles etc etc. That said, it’s whether or not a 3v3 round based gamemode, or mini conquest mode, can be just as balanced as 5v5 conquest. If Stronghold can work, so can a 2v2 or 3v3 gamemode.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

jus add gw1 style RA. just add it. don’t worry about it. just add it

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Well, if the guild halls will be anything like the one’s in the original Guild Wars, then they should have the option of having a GvG-like battle. aka Scrimmage. Why they didn’t put the guild halls in when they started the game.. i have no idea O.o seeing as the guild halls were the base settings of the ‘guild wars’

no. You have guild fights, but it wont be guild wars 1 gvg, more like gw 2 gvg.

isn’t that what team queue is for the majority of players?

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I’d love a duel feature usable anywhere in the world.

Edit: And random arenas.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Picking GW2 as the game of choice isn’t even a question, according to this “recent” post. http://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/2wwl51/aion_or_gw2_for_pvp/
Why even get a subscription game if it’s not all that much better?

Honestly, i’m sure there’s a lot of items the Devs would like to add to the GW2 PvP scene but they don’t have the resources for it. Plain and simple. I say this because I’ve seen plenty of Devs say, “That’s a good idea” or “We have that in the works”… these have been said since launch. We actually see these changes once a year.. if that.
but that GvG we’re getting in the expansion though <3

In an unrealistic Arenanet world, we probably would have received some form of 2v2 or 3v3 arenas as there’s truly no downside to them. More people would come, PvP longer given the game mode diversity, more tournaments, leaderboard competition, extra titles etc etc. That said, it’s whether or not a 3v3 round based gamemode, or mini conquest mode, can be just as balanced as 5v5 conquest. If Stronghold can work, so can a 2v2 or 3v3 gamemode.

I reject the “lack of resources” argument. As money is constantly being thrown around on unpopular tournaments, and supposedly long periods of development time is put into features that are not improvements (leaderboards, queue changes, PvP overhaul for the nth time).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

totally unnecessary und pretty dumb, since it’s impossible to balance when the main focus is a team-based game-mode.

Also, there are plenty of 1v1-oriented servers and the possibility for community-run tournaments.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Random_Arenas

not rally… it was 4v4 team death match, no respawn, random allies, fights usu ~2-3 mins, queues ~30secs (4 years ago when i still played regularly)

winning team stayed together and re entered queue. after 10 consecutive wins, the team broke apart, but u got bonus rewards (or maybe just moved to team queue which was basically the same, cause u would get steam rolld by any actual team)

since fights were so short (and queues) even if ur team and the match was miserable, it was over fast and u could just go again

i could do that for hours on end w/o getting bored, cuz thur was enough good matches to play thru the bads.

w/ gw2, after 4 terrible fights, i’ve just spent ~ an hour of my life feeling frustrated and not having had fun. the win streaks every other night or 2 just doesn’t make the loss streaks any more bearable

so i jus hotjoin now

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

not rally… it was 4v4 team death match, no respawn, random allies, fights usu ~2-3 mins, queues ~30secs (4 years ago when i still played regularly)

winning team stayed together and re entered queue. after 10 consecutive wins, the team broke apart, but u got bonus rewards (or maybe just moved to team queue which was basically the same, cause u would get steam rolld by any actual team)

since fights were so short (and queues) even if ur team and the match was miserable, it was over fast and u could just go again

i could do that for hours on end w/o getting bored, cuz thur was enough good matches to play thru the bads.

w/ gw2, after 4 terrible fights, i’ve just spent ~ an hour of my life feeling frustrated and not having had fun. the win streaks every other night or 2 just doesn’t make the loss streaks any more bearable

so i jus hotjoin now

My point is that it doesn’t do anything different from conquest except require everybody to be bunker and have one less player. It doesn’t make it worthwhile to waste resources for arena net.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

so i jus hotjoin now

My point is that it doesn’t do anything different from conquest except require everybody to be bunker and have one less player. It doesn’t make it worthwhile to waste resources for arena net.

Attachments:

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Ugh .. .this distortion of fanboyism and brainwashing here

Aion had 1 v 1 arena/ “gamemode” and it was super mega giga ultra hyper supra maxi tera uber fun and rewarding.
This was in a hard trinity game , and where the game was actually balanced on team fights (ahem, no! gw2 it’s not, stop lying to yourself ).

A game where you had HARD COUNTERS classes . Do you realize now ? you had to 1 v 1 a hard counter, 80% failure rate against it , and man that was rewarding when you
beat the crap out of that one .
You had like 2 mins to prepare for the fight and it was 2 out 3 rounds . The maps had side objectives(like channeling orbs that gave points/ and lots of others ) that were there to help in this case.
If you were defeated in a fight that won’t end the round and this was great as you could come back, if the enemy used his big spell / long cooldown skills.
You had a ticket a day to participate in this kind of mini tournament. but you could stack them ( gather 5 of them in the week and do 5 mini tournaments in a row in the weekend)

This could soooooooo be in Gw2 . but no…. this is friendly community promoting and bla and bla and blabla circle-jer*ing .

If they wanted to be competitive/rewarding we would have :
– Ladders(correspondent to leagues)
- leagues( corespondedt to mmr)
- 1v1
- maybe(2v2 or 3v3 on Conquest so we can party with a friend against other 2 players ),
- dishonered
- profession mmr ,
- targeting
- no lvl1 player in Ranked arena

none of the mentions actually are right now in the game, they just said nice words about them.

stopped reading after you said Aion…

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I just want Solo-Q back for when my friends aren’t online…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I think it’d be interesting if the classes where balanced around 1v1. It’s not pragmatic for mmo devs. I would kill the dream so it doesn’t eat at you.

1 v 1 mode please.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Guild Halls are getting brawl
You’ll be able to 1v1 all you like in your Guild Hall.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.