100 games, no ruby, started in sapphire.

in PvP

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

Now, I realise many people would think it is my fault for this, and that I’m blaming all of my soloQs (partially true), but PvP is a team game. Everyone needs to contribute. One person is not likely to be able to carry a whole team, but one person not doing anything easily dooms the team. I don’t know if it is MMR, because outside of ranked season I only really do dueling and roaming in wvw, but it seems that either my team is a lot less skilled then the other team, or my teamis more skilled. I have only had 10 close/balanced matches, besides that it is either my team destroying, or being destroyed. The chances just are that my teams always tend to be more unlucky. I’m not surprised people have already hit diamond because of how lopsided thing are. I’m just saying, just because it you lose all the time doesn’t mean you are bad. This is a team game. If Lebron James was the only skilled player on the Cavs they still wouldn’t do well, because there is more to just having one decent player. I generally win 1v1s, I rotate quite well, even though sometimes my decisions aren’t the best, I often find myself bossing teams around because they don’t know where to go.
Thinking you are good solely because you win most matches is like a white kid thinking he is black because he can dab.
Thinking someone is bad because they lose many matches is like calling someone unfortunate undeducated person stupid because they can’t afford school.
Now, this is not to say that it is automatically not your fault for losing, you should always try to improve yourself
I might add screenies of my last season and proof.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They admitted that matchmaking builds one team that has high chance to win vs team that has way lesser chance to win. They basically make you lose on purpose so people with higher MMR can move up which results in a lot of losses or huge winstreaks depending on side. You basically never have even matches. Garbage design is garbage.

This game been out for 4 years, i just don’t understand why they refuse to make algorithm that tries to make teams that both have 50% win chance.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

They had 50/50% but people were complaining experienced players didn’t get their expected div fast enough so they changed.

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

They had 50/50% but people were complaining experienced players didn’t get their expected div fast enough so they changed.

it wasn’t 50%/50% lol they used old 50% w/l algo which is completely different thing

All is Vain~

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

s1 ?
s2 they adapted to aggressively
s3 40/60%

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its 50/50 this season as MM try to get all 10 player of same skill.

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

so we’re back to 50/50 matches ?
in PvP
Posted by: Evan Lesh
Deimos Tel Arin.7391:
season 3 we get both
i.e.
red – blue
8 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8
something like that maybe.
otherwise, one team gonna have slightly higher overall MMR.
Season 1 would have been closer:
6 – 7
6 – 5
5 – 5
5 – 4
4 – 4
Your season 2 example is accurate, though could be closer in some circumstances.
Season 3 will be like a sorted version of season 1:
4 – 5
4 – 5
4 – 6
5 – 6
5 – 7
Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)
10 days ago
+1
Quote Report Permalink

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They admitted that matchmaking builds one team that has high chance to win vs team that has way lesser chance to win. They basically make you lose on purpose so people with higher MMR can move up which results in a lot of losses or huge winstreaks depending on side. You basically never have even matches. Garbage design is garbage.

This game been out for 4 years, i just don’t understand why they refuse to make algorithm that tries to make teams that both have 50% win chance.

If that is truth it makes sense, A matched to a lesser group B, then B matched lesser group called C, and C to D, every one wins at the end, and everyone will continue to play, also might atrack more skrits, i ment pve players to pvp.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If that is truth it makes sense, A matched to a lesser group B, then B matched lesser group called C, and C to D, every one wins at the end, and everyone will continue to play, also might atrack more skrits, i ment pve players to pvp.

Good on paper but in reality you have lower division players being a fodder and having insane loss streaks (check other threads). If anything “the skritts” would rather never touch pvp ever again after such experience.

All is Vain~

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

As stated in other post one problem can be new players are to high rated. Playing on main or second account should be the same on average. Still and also in my experience on a second account you got a much better winrate, meaning old players carry to much their history in this matchmaking.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

As stated in other post one problem can be new players are to high rated. Playing on main or second account should be the same on average. Still and also in my experience on a second account you got a much better winrate, meaning old players carry to much their history in this matchmaking.

and that is why we need MMR reset each season which was promised before xpac came out but never happend

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Even though they say it’s 50/50. Most of my matches are still one-sided. so /shrug

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Even though they say it’s 50/50. Most of my matches are still one-sided. so /shrug

They didn’t say that it’s 50/50.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They did say it,

S3 model from Anet:

red – blue
8 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8

MM try to let red and blue team have same skill lvl and a fair MM will be 50/50 for averages player in the long run.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

They did say it,

S3 model from Anet:

red – blue
8 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8

MM try to let red and blue team have same skill lvl and a fair MM will be 50/50 for averages player in the long run.

LOL this is not what they said, why are you lying? See quote from Evan above.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

They did say it,

S3 model from Anet:

red – blue
8 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8
8 – 9
9 – 8

You need to read the original topic again…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

They admitted that matchmaking builds one team that has high chance to win vs team that has way lesser chance to win. T

this is not what they admitted.

They said, and it’s true by empirical evidence, that you are matched against any team within a certain range of pips in your division. that team can be better a lot better, similar or worse than yours. You don’t know, and the only way to know is by winning (or losing) the match.

it’s the fairest possible method: if you are better than your division, you advance. If you are not, you get stuck.

The only hard part is actually measuring how good a player is and finding teammates with similar skill. but it holds true for season 1, 2 and 3.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

They admitted that matchmaking builds one team that has high chance to win vs team that has way lesser chance to win. T

this is not what they admitted.

They said, and it’s true by empirical evidence, that you are matched against any team within a certain range of pips in your division. that team can be better a lot better, similar or worse than yours. You don’t know, and the only way to know is by winning (or losing) the match.

it’s the fairest possible method: if you are better than your division, you advance. If you are not, you get stuck.

The only hard part is actually measuring how good a player is and finding teammates with similar skill. but it holds true for season 1, 2 and 3.

That’s closer to S2.
S3 they attempt to get a roster close to your MMR like in S1 but unlike S1 in S3 the better players are on the same side.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Season 1:

8 – 7
7 – 8
8 – 7
7 – 8
8 – 7

Season 2:

2 – 7
3 – 8
2 – 7
3 – 8
2 – 7

Season 3:

7 – 8
7 – 8
7 – 8
7 – 8
7 – 8

in PvP

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Yeah, this whole season has been a kitten throwing fest. the MM is a complete wreck but they could save themselves a TON of trouble If they merely added in 2v2/3v3 arena style leagues. Honestly, It’s miles easier to balance. And much easier for people to do with friends.

I’m with ya OP, It’s been completely awful so far. I’m on the final like four pints to ruby but find myself losing a good three or four games before winning one. It’s merely the MM, It has nothing to do with personal skill. Having all the skilled players stacked on one team. Good example was yesterday I played a game and the enemy team had TWO partly premades put together. I knew they didn’t queue together cause I talked to one of them afterwards.

Honestly though, It’s poor design like this that makes me not even want to bother in pvp. I’ve basicly decided I’m going to do the 3 rounds a day and that’s it. I’ve already gotten the fractal legendary, so I’ll just take my time for this one.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I find it hilarious that you think a system where games are truly 50/50 is realistic. If you flip a coin 630 times do you really think it’s gonna 315 heads and 315 tails exactly? Heck no, there is a variation in everything.

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I find it hilarious that you think a system where games are truly 50/50 is realistic. If you flip a coin 630 times do you really think it’s gonna 315 heads and 315 tails exactly? Heck no, there is a variation in everything.

You have a better shot at 50/50 if there’s only two sides. Anet basically throws two coins, one with heads and tails, the other with two heads. Anet is literally stacking teams by design every game. 50/50 does not exist in the current iteration of matchmaking.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Now, I realise many people would think it is my fault for this, and that I’m blaming all of my soloQs (partially true), but PvP is a team game. Everyone needs to contribute. One person is not likely to be able to carry a whole team, but one person not doing anything easily dooms the team. I don’t know if it is MMR, because outside of ranked season I only really do dueling and roaming in wvw, but it seems that either my team is a lot less skilled then the other team, or my teamis more skilled. I have only had 10 close/balanced matches, besides that it is either my team destroying, or being destroyed. The chances just are that my teams always tend to be more unlucky. I’m not surprised people have already hit diamond because of how lopsided thing are. I’m just saying, just because it you lose all the time doesn’t mean you are bad. This is a team game. If Lebron James was the only skilled player on the Cavs they still wouldn’t do well, because there is more to just having one decent player. I generally win 1v1s, I rotate quite well, even though sometimes my decisions aren’t the best, I often find myself bossing teams around because they don’t know where to go.
Thinking you are good solely because you win most matches is like a white kid thinking he is black because he can dab.
Thinking someone is bad because they lose many matches is like calling someone unfortunate undeducated person stupid because they can’t afford school.
Now, this is not to say that it is automatically not your fault for losing, you should always try to improve yourself
I might add screenies of my last season and proof.

Lmao at your analogies bro. It says a lot about you. Anyway what gives you the impression that someone has to carry a game for you to win? If you go into every match with that mindset I am not surprised you are losing. So go ahead and complain and cry that your teammates arnt good. You’ll just be added to the ever growing list of people who complain every season for a MM system that never existed in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

You have a better shot at 50/50 if there’s only two sides. Anet basically throws two coins, one with heads and tails, the other with two heads. Anet is literally stacking teams by design every game. 50/50 does not exist in the current iteration of matchmaking.

A better example is dice. Thought season 3 is slightly better than season 2, the game STILL stacks the better team against the worse team in terms of MMR. Anet DID say this is a fusion of season 1 and 2.

It’s like this. For the matchmaking, Anet rolls the dice for two teams. One team gets to roll standard dice(1-6), the other team gets dice painted with all sixes!

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

in PvP

Posted by: illuminati.6937

illuminati.6937

MMR doesnt work. same as you. Im far from 100matches but started in Sapphire as well (made to diamonds in S1&S2 easily. Just dont have enough time for more matches (now Im on 25matches but still in S3 MMR is worst for me 100%).
Literally got players from Emerald or players teamed up from amber or Im the only one sapphire among rubbies oponents. I know how the pvp works since I only PVP, I know how to rotate and how to win 1v1 but with teams Ive got now its not possible. Im far from being pro league materiál but Im also experienced enough to know its not me who ruins literally all games.
really MMR doesnt work now. The only way I see is teaming up with someone and coordinate matches.
This time its really not L2P issue. its real joke this season or Im ultra doomed or Ive become ultra terrible compared to S1&S2…..