12.8k warlock hit, I am clearly the best

in PvP

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

12.8k warlock against a thief, because anet

Good try to get a class nerfed. but you failed on several parts.

1) How many conditions did the necromancer put on you in that fight before the mesmer joined in ?

2) How many stacks of vuln /might where in that fight ?

3) you yourself using a full glasscanon thief build…….

So basicly for me this looks like the following situation.

A necro and mesmer stacking vulnerabilety and might , then the necro does spite, and

the mesmers phantasms ( that where already spawned before the necro spite) hit the thief ( that could not be anymore glassy ).

What i find strange tho is that you got hit twice from iwarlock / twice from isword without you doing anything in that timespan, not even hitting a clone or anything.

Smells like a max damage test that needs 2 opponents to pull it of , and alot of time stacking vuln/might/ bloodlust. In hopes that mesmers would be nerfed even harder.

Just pointing out that you didn’t read the whole thread to know that HE is the mesmer and it just looks like you’re biased in your defense of the class making assumptions of what his aim is without knowing the full situation, which at this point wasn’t completely verified. There could be a bug or its all the new setups wreaking havoc, or scaling problems.

in PvP

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

People also haven’t realized that with the Ferocity change crit damage in pvp on the zerker amulet actually got buffed. That’s why everything is hitting harder. It’s amazing that this happens and people complain but thieves have been backstabbing for 10k+ since always.

The crit damage just needs to be lowered again that’s all if you guys a really think it’s so bad.

They only think its bad because its not a thief doing the damage.

They think its bad because its a IA (where the mesmer its in stealth) doing the damage. The thief must be exposed, and BS have position requirements, melee range and puts revealed on the thief. Mesmer only push a button and facerrolls in stealth

Thief must be exposed? Not entirely true. Dealt with a very annoying one that was in stealth most of the time, dropping poison fields and doing other things, and they can hit very hard coming out of stealth.

Besides, phantasms/clones are the mechanic of mesmers. Without the phantasms, mesmer can’t deal much actual damage. As others have also said, the mesmer went in stealth? How about attacking the things actually dealing damage to you? You can kill them so easily… I am almost surprised by how many people will stand there and take a full hit from the berserker and duelist, and very irritated by the few that dodge everything.

I know I can say that in WvW/PvE I have not noticed any change. PvP I haven’t tested myself but from what others are saying they are seeing the same as it always has been. So if something is broken now, it isn’t that the phantasms themselves are suddenly stronger. Perhaps there is an issue with sigil/rune/might combination? I’m not testing it in WvW, because no way am I spending the money on the runes to test, nor would I give up my current runes.

To another poster:
Most of the complaints against thieves and their backstab that I have heard has been WvW, and it’s primarily the fact they stealth so much, can do a lot of damage, and get away, while defeating most skills because you can’t target them. I’ve started to play thief there to learn more about it, and get some revenge. Despite the fact I don’t stealth myself, I already was doing well against them, though. But PvP? Power is more often than not weak compared to conditions, although some teams do make very good use of power.

As for other complaint about guardian spirit weapons? They did crazy amounts of damage before the patch, so again I don’t think it’s actually changed? And without those weapons the guardian was… I think the word he used was lackluster until recharge.

And the Svanir/Chieftain/etc doing more damage? Well shouldn’t they actually do something? I mean, they are being attacked, and are a way to get bonuses/points, and aren’t meant to be a punching bag.

in PvP

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

And neither did I. I hopped ingame and tested out the iWarlock thoroughly. It has precisely the same damage coefficient and scaling as pre-patch. People are just having fits because of the strength runes and battle sigil combo boosting damage.

I have tested this on my mesmer in actual matches and the damage from phantasms is clearly bugged in some way as it is 20-30% higher than pre-patch with no rune or sigil changes. I don’t know why you would want to keep the game unbalanced.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in PvP

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

And neither did I. I hopped ingame and tested out the iWarlock thoroughly. It has precisely the same damage coefficient and scaling as pre-patch. People are just having fits because of the strength runes and battle sigil combo boosting damage.

I have tested this on my mesmer in actual matches and the damage from phantasms is clearly bugged in some way as it is 20-30% higher than pre-patch with no rune or sigil changes. I don’t know why you would want to keep the game unbalanced.

9/10 mesmers who tested the damage of phantasms pre-patch and post-patch say it hasn’t changed a thing. You are the tenth.

I don’t really mind if they nurf it, just don’t say there is a hidden “bug” somewhere that causes it to deal more damage without any evidence whatsoever. Damage coefficient stayed the same. I run a few tests using the damage formula on wiki after I dealt 9k damage to a thief using phantasmal swordsman. The maximum crit damage of the phantasm appeared to be 7k (We weren’t sure if any might/vulnerability stacks were applied). However, some threads indicate that the phantasms use their own weapons with their own weapon strength and the strength of their weapon could potentially be higher than a one-handed sword. If that’s the case, then it means there are no “hidden” bugs. If you want this to be nurfed, then simply request that the coefficient of the phantasmal swordsman’s damage is reduced. Don’t say that the damage got increased after the patch because all the evidence so far indicate otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Mesmers also arent on the receiving side of the damage, you can say nothings changed while critting 9k on someone with 3.2k armor. But until you constantly go up against it like the rest of us, just stop.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

9/10 mesmers who tested the damage of phantasms pre-patch and post-patch say it hasn’t changed a thing. You are the tenth.

I don’t really mind if they nurf it, just don’t say there is a hidden “bug” somewhere that causes it to deal more damage without any evidence whatsoever. Damage coefficient stayed the same. I run a few tests using the damage formula on wiki after I dealt 9k damage to a thief using phantasmal swordsman. The maximum crit damage of the phantasm appeared to be 7k (We weren’t sure if any might/vulnerability stacks were applied). However, some threads indicate that the phantasms use their own weapons with their own weapon strength and the strength of their weapon could potentially be higher than a one-handed sword. If that’s the case, then it means there are no “hidden” bugs. If you want this to be nurfed, then simply request that the coefficient of the phantasmal swordsman’s damage is reduced. Don’t say that the damage got increased after the patch because all the evidence so far indicate otherwise.

9/10 mesmers say power block on autoattack is correct and no broken

Befor patch i hit enemy maybe for 5k in sPvP(berserker phantom), after patch ? 9k dmg is not rare.
Same on Thief,Thief guild elite skill – melee Thief hit for 3.5k, ranged Thief 185 per shot on unload and 2.5k crit !! All AI DMG after patch is broken.

And AI NPC in arena or training NPC in Mist ? Engineer NPC in mist hit me for 14.5k. before patch hardly for 8k.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

There is currently a bug with all NPC damage in PvP being higher than intended. We are shooting to get this fixed before the Tournament of Legends.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

will this take another 8 month to fix?

Probably longer, seeing as it isn’t broken, there’s just a high quantity of fools that think it is.

Yknow what I did when pets started dealing twice as much damage as normal? I reported it. I didn’t come on the forums claiming it had always been like that. Grow up.

Good testing bro.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Kinda funny.

Victim: “Mesmer Phantams hitting way too hard!!!!”

Mesmer: “Na, I could always do that. L2P and don’t nerf me!”

Anet: “Npc damage is bugged atm.”

Victim: “You were saying?”

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

There is currently a bug with all NPC damage in PvP being higher than intended. We are shooting to get this fixed before the Tournament of Legends.

I knew it! Smokebomb for the mesmer downed state is hitting crazy hard too.

in PvP

Posted by: NoGround.1207

NoGround.1207

Yeah…. I’m not going to say anything about mesmer/thief/anyone doing too much damage, but I’m just going to say that that Guardian AI in Heart of the Mists downed me in 3 hits. Sure, I’m playing a glass thief but yeah…. not sure if that should happen or not, just sayin’.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Soo I wasn’t that bad afterall

in PvP

Evilek.5690

Hmm really fast

Bug Fix
Fixed a bug that caused NPCs and player-summoned creatures to hit for excessive damage in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Probably longer, seeing as it isn’t broken, there’s just a high quantity of fools that think it is.

Yknow what I did when pets started dealing twice as much damage as normal? I reported it. I didn’t come on the forums claiming it had always been like that. Grow up.

Good testing bro.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

On a side note:
Fixed a bug that caused NPCs and player-summoned creatures to hit for excessive damage in sPvP.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The Lesh Prince comes through again!! This guy is wizard!!! Give him a raise!!!

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Thanks for the hot-fix, that was badly needed.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Good testing bro.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

On a side note:

Yea, it’s amazing the rabid class fanboyism this game inspires :/

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Evilek.5690

This fix works on Thief guild Before patch ranged Thief make 181 dmg after patch 121 dmg and melee Thief before patch 2.2k DMG and after 1687 DMG

Thx for fast fix

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Good testing bro.

I’ve been playing PvP regularly since the patch (instead of PvE, thanks megazergers) and haven’t noticed an increase in the damage I do nor in the damage I receive. I’m generally interested in reading bug threads so turned on combat log but again, didn’t see any substantial numbers. So if there is a bug, it’s not a 100% repro or a lot more people would’ve complained.

I did, however, receive a “this gonna be nerfed!” warning after finishing a guardian with stealth plus distortion in a 2 (we) vs 1 (him) fight.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

It’s hilarious that, even after the bug is confirmed, some people still insist it’s not a bug. My god.

because there is no increase. its the rune of strentgh combinet with the battle sigil. it is silly dmg output. i didnt see any change in wvw at all untill i swpped to those runes. of course dmg is ridiculous with an overpowered rune. hello anet check the rune and sigil and then u will see why phantasms deal more dmg

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I wonder if those few people who just got proven wrong will show up in this thread again? Its gotta be embarrassing to call us all wrong and end up wrong yourself.

Also thanks for finding the bug King Lesh

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Evilek.5690

It’s hilarious that, even after the bug is confirmed, some people still insist it’s not a bug. My god.

because there is no increase. its the rune of strentgh combinet with the battle sigil. it is silly dmg output. i didnt see any change in wvw at all untill i swpped to those runes. of course dmg is ridiculous with an overpowered rune. hello anet check the rune and sigil and then u will see why phantasms deal more dmg

WvWvW is sPvP ? WOW !!! This bug was only in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

edit: nvm….the official patch notes does indicate it was only in spvp.

(edited by Naracion.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Also, the test ai mobs are hitting really hard since the patch. Their downed state throws hit for 2k!

Or was an increase in their damage meant to happen?

^
Those test mobs hit crazy hard. It’s kind of fun having to be extra careful around them but even if you manage to avoid 100% of their attacks they can kitten near kill you in downed state. Meaning executing a finisher is extremely risky. The Guard and Elementalist in particular are absurdly dangerous.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Silvanus.5821

Still dealing the same amount of damage, regardless of the fix. Oh well, at least there will be no complains any more, even though nothing changed for the mesmer.

Can we please get the weapon strength of the phantasms? The damage formula on the wiki shows less damage than the current damage when using the sword’s weapon strength.

Edit: Apparently when hitting light armor golems the damage has been reduced by approximately 1k. Damage on heavy golems looks like the same as before, perhaps the difference is unnoticeable.

(edited by Silvanus.5821)

in PvP

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Just did some tests in the mist. I’m not 100% sure if/how the damage changed. The maximum hits I get from my iSwordsman are about the same. Interestingly, the non-crit attacks appear to be 25% lower. My iWarlock appears to deal 25% less damage in general. But that’s just from some quick golem smacking so the sample size isn’t sufficient.

Since the ‘bug’ is fixed I added a nice post-patch screenshot of my iSwordsman hitting for about 6k. But naaaaah, Phantasms couldn’t possibly hit for such damage. Silly me saying something like that. I’m quite obivously denying or hiding something. Don’t blame the Might. Blame the bug!

Even if the damage was increased by a bug – let’s assume it is about 25% less now – have fun being hit by ‘only’ 10k from the iWarlock. I can already hear new complaints coming.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

This news about the NPC/Summoned AI damage bug seriously made me jump for joy. I’ve been so frustrated playing my thief lately against the Mists AI as even when I tried making myself super tanky, I still got demolished by the guardian and especially that necro. The downed necro was terrifying as their channeled attack did serious damage.

Glad it’s just a bug and got fixed. Thanks ANet!

in PvP

Silvanus.5821

@Xaylin
I’ve already gotten a complain today by a ranger for hitting too much with my phantasms. Apparently he didn’t check to see that the “bug” was fixed. This just proves how one person makes a claim and then everyone go along with it without any evaluation.

The downed necro was terrifying as their channeled attack did serious damage.

How was the necro’s channeled skill affected by this fix? This just proved my previous point.

(edited by Silvanus.5821)

in PvP

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Apparently he didn’t check to see that the “bug” was fixed.

You must have been cheating or the bug isn’t fixed.
Yeah… that got to be the only explaination. I smell conspiracy.

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

I didn’t abuse something, that means it didn’t exist doesn’t exist and anyone saying otherwise is crazy.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

@Xaylin
I’ve already gotten a complain today by a ranger for hitting too much with my phantasms. Apparently he didn’t check to see that the “bug” was fixed. This just proves how one person makes a claim and then everyone go along with it without any evaluation.

The downed necro was terrifying as their channeled attack did serious damage.

How was the necro’s channeled skill affected by this fix? This just proved my previous point.

How is the NPC (caps so that you pay attention ) necro skills are affected by the bug that pumped npcs damage?? hmm i do not compute

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

It feels like the damage is super random; sometimes it takes vuln into account; other times it doesnt and does the same damage. :/ feels broken as hell

Non-crit damage is always super low; 1.8k highs. even with 25 might 25 vuln.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

can you pls tell us how much more is the dmg?

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I got hit by a 16.5k kill shot on my 13k hp guardian, I thought that was interesting…

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Good testing bro.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

On a side note:

Yea, it’s amazing the rabid class fanboyism this game inspires :/

Eh. The playerbase is similar in all games