12 matches in a row of one-sided trash

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

If you bought HoT for the pvp, I will tell you right now—from a 4 year veteran—you’ve made a big mistake. HoT pvp is complete nonsense.

I was in your situation before. So, I quit. If I were you, I’d quit. Remember, there’s not a lot of players left. You’re bound to fight the same people more than once. The fewer players there are, the worse the matchmaking gets.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s cuz there’s a lot less players playing in S6 which means you’ll get wide berth of MMR from your team mates. Like Sinderer on stream was playing with some realllly bad players like bottom of gold type of players and he’s top 5 or w/e.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Low population for various reasons. If you enjoy the combat and want to stick around, I would change my perspective. Don’t play to win your games and try to climb rating. Instead, play in such a way as to (1) focus on improving regardless of teammate ability (think of it more like a puzzle to be solved), (2) try to find a way to play around teammate behavior even if it is otherwise incorrect, and (3) most importantly use the matches as a vessel to relax and have fun. From what I can tell, this season is not likely to be one that fosters competitive matches. If this is a deal breaker for you, then move on and keep an eye on the game from time to time to see if the situation improves. It isn’t a knock to you or the game, it is just a statement of where the game is at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

This is what happens when there are not enough players and PvE folks want to do dailies on ranked and to farm chests.
I just did placement matches and even though I scored 5 won 5 lost I must say that this was quality, I am happy with it. Althought one match I lost because there was a DC in my team for the whole duration of the match (he didn’t even show up in the first place) and thus we got smacked and I got the red bar (which is not nice). Then one match was full of headless chickens who died 2v1 to a dragonhunter so it really felt like I didn’t deserved that lost. The other 3 were either close calls or our team just got some rotating wrong and a certain moment and that’s all.
I still have high hopes for this season, I hope that devs will aquire even more from observation because I sense that with every season it keeps on getting better bit by bit.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s all in the attitude.

rotate with your team, not against them. make a difference in fights. analyse what you could have done to win.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

rote with your team, not against them. make a difference in fights. analyse what you could have done to win.

Exactly.

The most important thing is to accept the fact that you are not as good as you think you are. From there, either you try hard to improve youself or live with what you can currently achieve.

Blaming teammate is meaningless. The current matchmaking is just the widely used system you will find everywhere. Unless you have some brilliant idea that will shake the statistical world, there is no point complaining about it either.

in PvP

Posted by: Birdack.6714

Birdack.6714

I’m seriously completely perplexed. More experienced players, how much time do you waste a day to get SINGLE DECENT MATCH? I’m so close to just dropping this game period. Its like there’s no kittening mm at all. I just want to play a decent balanced match, but literally every single one is complete cancer. Its totally unplayable. 12 matches in a row of nothing but trash, how do you put up with it? Should I keep wasting my time for another 50 matches to see if maybe one of them is decent or stop now? Does it ever get any better?

It doesn’t matter if I tell these dumb kittens not to fight on roads or run into the enemy team one by one, no one cares, no one is interested in trying. But why is it like this for 12 matches in a row? Where is the mm? Isn’t there supposed to be something there to prevent this type of cancerous kitten? No wonder you are bleeding players left and right. I paid $40 for HoT because I loved the pvp. I used to be an extremely high end frost mage on wow and dropped the game to move here because the pvp is way better but godkitten this is kittening trash for 12 games in a row. Its insane. Nearly 200 matches played and its never been this bad but what the kitten is going on? I won half of my placement matches, got top stats in every single one of them and can fight perfectly fine on my own but I get nothing but trash in every single match.

Yeah you can say I’m new because I don’t have 772357 matches played but why would I waste my time playing that many when I can’t get a single decent match?

I play necro, mesmer and rev.

Feeling the same. Quick question: why should ppl farm pvp to get pve stuff? I mean…why?

(edited by Birdack.6714)

in PvP

Posted by: Birdack.6714

Birdack.6714

rote with your team, not against them. make a difference in fights. analyse what you could have done to win.

Exactly.

The most important thing is to accept the fact that you are not as good as you think you are. From there, either you try hard to improve youself or live with what you can currently achieve.

Blaming teammate is meaningless. The current matchmaking is just the widely used system you will find everywhere. Unless you have some brilliant idea that will shake the statistical world, there is no point complaining about it either.

This isn’t a matter of statistics, like it isn’t a matter of wins and losses. There’s something wrong and we know it. At the moment, in gw2 there’s pvp but there’s no competition. Probably ‘cause there aren’t the players like before, 2 or 3 seasons ago; probably ’cause tons of ppl (famous gw2-supporter streamers aswell for example) left.
A PVP player wants to play pvp. He wants to win and lose, to be able to stop and think on what he did right and what he did wrong in order to learn and play better in the future.

Now, is all of this even possible at the moment?

(edited by Birdack.6714)

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

Just a few pointers here to troubleshoot your game, bearing in mind you’ve been with the game for a whopping 2 months.

• Consider how your teamchat rage affects your teammates. Most players will shut-off and AFK when they feel they’ve been disrespected.
• Consider how your individual gameplay (I’m willing to bet you’re the SoloQ bruiser / roamer / hero type) works with the professions you’ve chosen. You might want to solo-push far into outnumbered fights with something besides Necromancer.
• 200 games played with only 2-3 days of the season so far? Probably take a break. Maybe get a job.

Serious Advice
• Try out some more of the builds from Metabattle, Rev and Necro might not be for you
• Always duo-queue
• Improve your attitude / it’s better to just play your best than spam chat and pings
• Review your understanding of the game / you might be as smart as you think
A lot of these losses are probably directly your fault, maybe own up to that

in PvP

Posted by: Gretzel.6790

Gretzel.6790

Just a few pointers here to troubleshoot your game, bearing in mind you’ve been with the game for a whopping 2 months.

• Consider how your teamchat rage affects your teammates. Most players will shut-off and AFK when they feel they’ve been disrespected.
• Consider how your individual gameplay (I’m willing to bet you’re the SoloQ bruiser / roamer / hero type) works with the professions you’ve chosen. You might want to solo-push far into outnumbered fights with something besides Necromancer.
• 200 games played with only 2-3 days of the season so far? Probably take a break. Maybe get a job.
• A lot of these losses are probably directly your fault, maybe own up to that

I haven’t played 200 games of ranked in two days. That’s impossible.

I don’t say anything in chat except ’don’t fight on roads, don’t run one by one into the enemy team if we lose mid"
And yet that’s exactly what I see in every single match.

None of these losses are my fault when I bunker down on a point, get top stats every match and can 1v3-1v4 the enemy team until my team arrives. That’s just kittening silly.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

• A lot of these losses are probably directly your fault, maybe own up to that

I don’t say anything in chat except ’don’t fight on roads, don’t run one by one into the enemy team if we lose mid"
And yet that’s exactly what I see in every single match.

None of these losses are my fault when I bunker down on a point, get top stats every match and can 1v3-1v4 the enemy team until my team arrives. That’s just kittening silly.

There is nothing wrong fighting in the roads.

This is actually the places thieves and revs can catch people quickly who are trying to run form a fight.

Also if everyone is fighting off point you might want to join them. If you are playing a class like warrior, DH, necro and ignore people attacking you then they will proc your passives or take your health down greatly and you are just trying to run to a point. You have to engage them.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Also if everyone is fighting off point you might want to join them. If you are playing a class like warrior, DH, necro and ignore people attacking you then they will proc your passives or take your health down greatly and you are just trying to run to a point. You have to engage them.

In the long run it is true and I approve. However if you have any form of CC, use it if you can. Sometimes you will fight that enemy, but its better to make them chase you to the point and fight over there becuase if you engage in a fight it might end up in a teamfight and if the enemy team is at least slightly better, they will definitely take advantage of it to steal nodes, it happens very frequently.
But in the end of the day every rule has an exception and it just depends on the situation.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Fiora Maelstrom.4350

Fiora Maelstrom.4350

Exactly.

This would be true if GW2 PvP has a large playerbase and a season would last a year or so.
Especially in the first matches its ridiculous how people play this game. Its not even about raw mechanical skill, its about thinking about the game. If the enemy has 2 points and you have 1 youre doing something wrong. Whats defenitly not helping is chasing a Mesmer with 3 people for 1 Minute so they still have 2 ticking points that time.

I played solo and duo, won 8/10 placement matches and was ranked about 1500~. Yesterday I was matched with exactly the same 2 players for 5 games in a row and lost all 5 of them due to their bloodlust in fighting the whole game without capturing all points.
I 2v1 and at some points 3v1 and the enemy far and hold it, getting 5 topstats at 4 of the 5 games and still loosing 100 MMR.

I know that everyone can have a bad game, or even a bad day and I think I’m the last person not admiting faults I made some kittenty plays the last days myself. But due to the lack of players and the pretty weird matchmaking you still get people who dont understand simple mechanics of the map or certain interactions due to inexperience even tho you’re on the verge of getting into Platinum.

edit: The problem is that you cant do “average mmr games” with a super low player base, if one team has a high mmr player the other team needs some aswell. If he cant find one the high mmr player just gets matched with super low mmr players playing against an average enemy team. And therefore a lot of games are just unable to carry.

(edited by Fiora Maelstrom.4350)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I need 5 days for my legendary back and will never come back to pvp. PvP is really bad this season, players are fighting off points, nobody cares for objectives… I am tired of pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think they did something to placement. It seems like quite few people that were in plat/legend last season placed in silver/gold this season. If you are in those rating, you going to have fun time in first week.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I’m sitting this season out. Still a little jaded ive getting the short end of the stick on the recent crafting change.

But I suggest dou queuing with Hansel. Would be a perfect compliment to you.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

In the long run it is true and I approve. However if you have any form of CC, use it if you can. Sometimes you will fight that enemy, but its better to make them chase you to the point and fight over there becuase if you engage in a fight it might end up in a teamfight and if the enemy team is at least slightly better, they will definitely take advantage of it to steal nodes, it happens very frequently.
But in the end of the day every rule has an exception and it just depends on the situation.

Yes every situation is different but forcing yourself to a point is never a good idea.

It doesnt matter what class it is, the best players in the game set you up. For instance the DH who set up traps on the stairs and is tapping you forcing out boons like stability or any skills. Is gonna force you to fail.

So much of the game is understanding placement. The OP said something like bunking down the point and im sorry but there is literally 0 bunkers in the game right now. If your a warrior you can sustain for 8 sec, 10 if traited. DH can passive it for 4 sec etc etc etc (other classes)

If hes sitting on the point and his team is dying off point. He is then going to die on the point which isnt any better.

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

If you consider yourself better than you teammates and enemies, I say – play as if you were 1v5. If you win, then it is because you rock. If you lose, that’s because you not good enough. It is all about overall mentality.

But if you don’t have fun I’d advise quitting too, because the whole point of videogames is to enterntain the player.

in PvP

Gretzel.6790

I think they did something to placement. It seems like quite few people that were in plat/legend last season placed in silver/gold this season. If you are in those rating, you going to have fun time in first week.

Placed in silver and had a few amazing matches until the rage-quiters and non-english speaking idiots come in droves and fight on roads and chase 1v3 off of points, or run one by one into the enemy team.

in PvP

Gretzel.6790

Yes every situation is different but forcing yourself to a point is never a good idea.

It doesnt matter what class it is, the best players in the game set you up. For instance the DH who set up traps on the stairs and is tapping you forcing out boons like stability or any skills. Is gonna force you to fail.

So much of the game is understanding placement. The OP said something like bunking down the point and im sorry but there is literally 0 bunkers in the game right now. If your a warrior you can sustain for 8 sec, 10 if traited. DH can passive it for 4 sec etc etc etc (other classes)

If hes sitting on the point and his team is dying off point. He is then going to die on the point which isnt any better.

0 bunkering? What do you call it when my necro gets on a point and holds it from 3 or 4 people until teammates arrive and we wipe them?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

0 bunkering? What do you call it when my necro gets on a point and holds it from 3 or 4 people until teammates arrive and we wipe them?

Your playing necro and want to call it a bunker………………………….. ok.

You make a thread complaining about match equality when you are winning about 1/2.

You then say that you can hold a point against 3 or 4 people long enough for team mates to arrive and then wipe them, yeah and before i end this you have what about 1k or less game played.

hmmm yeah im not gonna say your full of it. I would never say a player is pumping there chest for a moment to complain about MM.

Just curious, what ranking are you in? Just wondering in what division you can bunker vs 3 on a necro. Where they ventari revs and 2 shout eles?

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Placed in silver and had a few amazing matches until the rage-quiters and non-english speaking idiots come in droves and fight on roads and chase 1v3 off of points, or run one by one into the enemy team.

I mean … you’re in silver. What are you expecting?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I mean … you’re in silver. What are you expecting?

That was my point,

I didnt place below 1590 last season. I played with some people in lower divisions and i could consistently win 1 vs 2. And when we lost i would lose huge in ratings.

I had a friend who was playing vanilla builds and was stuck in silver 3 gold 1.

He went to full HOT builds at the end of the season and got to gold 3 near plat.

He was winning 1 vs 2. Running far at the start and holding vs 1 vs 3.

If this person can truly hold out vs 3 players he wouldnt have a 50% win rate and have huge scores going against them.

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

Uh…

Nearly 200 matches played and its never been this bad but what the kitten is going on?

I guess you meant something else.

None of these losses are my fault

These types of posts are as old as the forum itself.

So I bought the game recently

You’ve only been playing Guild Wars 2 for a couple of months (see your quoted post from 2 months ago).

If you are north of 1200, I’d be proud that you’re above the average Skill Rating. That means you’re better than half the players! According to gw2efficiency, the median skill rating for players with less than 500 hours is only 1083.

Fear not, buddy. You’re just finding out that you’re not as good as you thought you were. In order to win in this game consistently enough to get to Legendary League, you have to be better than EVERYONE on both your team and the opposing team, every time. If I were you, I’d focus on small ways you can improve your game:

• Learn how to counter-pick, that means learning all the matchups and how to play builds that counter the team you’re facing
• Learn how to adapt to your allies / opponents skill levels — based on your posts it’s clear you have a pretty fixed playstyle

I bunker down on a point

• Find a DuoQ partner and learn as much as you can from them
Learn to rotate, if you’re as mechanically sound as you claim, your team could really use your help in the critical team fights, regardless of whether they’re on a point or not

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s cuz there’s a lot less players playing in S6 which means you’ll get wide berth of MMR from your team mates. Like Sinderer on stream was playing with some realllly bad players like bottom of gold type of players and he’s top 5 or w/e.

Pretty much this.

Now there are a lot of problems with pvp in general, but the fundamental difference between season 5 and season 6 is that the pve crowed does not want to get back into pvp because the pve rewards were nerfed.

What does this mean? Less players for matchmaker to choose from, so matchmaker takes even longer to try and find appropriate teammates and enemies, and when matchmaker can’t find players with ratings close to yours after a certain period if time, matchmaker widens the search criteria, making it so players with widely different ratings are put together. Additionally i believe this also causes there to be more class stacks in matches, as there are less players to choose from.

Ironically, by chasing away the pve crowed, everyone, including the hardcore pvp crowed, suffers the consequences.

By adding crafted marks AND lowering the ascended shards you get, they’ve made it so pvers do not want to pvp. If you notice, matchmaker is currently behaving the same way it did around the end of season 5, which is when most people were done grinding until they got their max amount of ascended shards. After that, match quality dropped significantly.

in PvP

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

It doesn’t matter if I tell these dumb kittens not to fight on roads or run into the enemy team one by one, no one cares, no one is interested in trying. But why is it like this for 12 matches in a row?

Just 12? Lucky…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

None of these losses are my fault

Well then. Aint that funny?

Optimise [OP]