120 games are too much

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Especially for people who don’t play the season from day 1 or GW2 isn’t their only game.

It has a negative impacton PvP from what I’ve gathered. I have a lot of friends and guildmates who do PvP and even the most casual ones used to do at least 50-80 matches per season. But since the introductiong of the 120 games bar they need for any substantial reward their interest in PvP plummeted and now barely do their placements because “what’s the point”.

I understand that the bar used to be 10 games which is way too low, but 120? That went from 0 to 100 real quick.

This is supposed to make people player more which leads to more players and better matches, but it’s having the opposite effect where playersfeel like they are being forced to do something to the point where it’s just a chore they don’t care about.

Not to mention grinding both the PvP wins and the WvW pips is now almost a full-time job. Both are seriously overtuned.

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

30 hours each quarter, or 120hours per year.

Just stop with the casualism.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I used to play 300+ games per season…. 120 is nothing really. The problem is just match quality and wonky rank gain/losses. Lack of rewards is not helping either. Hence why 120 seems like a lot. Game is not fun.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.5821

Mel.5821

120 seems generous for 2 months, should be even higher

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Not to mention grinding both the PvP wins and the WvW pips is now almost a full-time job. Both are seriously overtuned.

No, both are perfectly acceptable. Pick one. Do it. Finish, do the other. They arent meant to be finished quickly, especially with split focus.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Permafrost.2695

Permafrost.2695

Honestly, this season it’s the decay that’s the big bummer. Albion releases July 17th so a ton of hardcore folks are going to nip into it for release.

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

What you get from 120 matches?

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

What you get from 120 matches?

To be on leaderboard you need to play 15 matches each week until season ends and that is 120 games in total for a season

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

But, and it’s a big but, only good players (including those who game the system) will be able to get on the leaderboard anyway.

For someone not on the leaderboard, potential wise, the 120 requirement doesn’t really exist.

It’s like a poor person complaining about a tax on millionaires.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I think OP is confusing a bunch of thing :

- The requirements of 120 games only unlock your right to compete for the top 250.
- You only need your first 15 matches this week to appear in your friend/guild list. I have friends that played 50 games last season and I can still compare to them in that tab.
- What are the substantial rewards you are talking about ? If it’s about chests and pip track, you just need to play ranked not to have +120 matches…..If it’s about the titles, I don’t think someone who can’t play 120 games would get them anyway.

- 2 games a day, every week is like 30-40 min of gameplay everyday….That’s plenty of time to farm WvW after that.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Varron.4291

Varron.4291

I don’t understand your argument, OP.

Why would your friends ,who do not care enough about sPvP, care about a prestige-oriented title (that doesn’t even give gold or mats)?

Sounds to me like you just want a Smurf method (LOL SEASON 5), or your friends aren’t good enough to maintain a high rank over 120 games.

Based on your argument, I’d go with the latter. Lol.

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

just imo

120 games are fine

but the Decay needs to be adjusted for me…

i was always for real life stuff for only 1 week and got decayed from The top to bottom just like that …

no more playing the season after that ….

120 games are too much

in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

But, and it’s a big but, only good players (including those who game the system) will be able to get on the leaderboard anyway.

For someone not on the leaderboard, potential wise, the 120 requirement doesn’t really exist.

It’s like a poor person complaining about a tax on millionaires.

That is so wrong. Getting into 250 range in GW2 is extremely easy, people can do it just by finishing placements.

Last season even those in gold were in the top 250 and got titles and oh boy are they nowhere near “top tier”.

A player with 80 games and 1850 rating will get nothing, but someone with 120 and 1600 probably will. Does it sound like a system where skill is rewarded more than grind? Not really.

The 120 bar is ridiculous, it should be ~70-90.

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

You’re wrong. the 120 game bar isn’t enough. The exploit of the last season, play as few games as possible to keep your rating risk to a minimum.. hurt the game badly.

The players have clearly demonstrated that they will exploit any hole in the system. Not only that, they will take pride in doing so.

I, for one, congratulate the devs on closing this loophole.

Mesmerising Girl

120 games are too much

in PvP

saerni.2584

Placements are 10 games and before MMR settles mid to late season. The other 110 games reduce the number of people in top 250 who don’t deserve to be there.

The top 250 rewards are at the end of the season. No titles and glory for getting rank 135 on day 3.

Thief (Daredevil)

120 games are too much

in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

Gotta love how most of the people here don’t even read what I wrote and just respond based on the title and personal interpretation.

Reading is hard LUL

120 games are too much

in PvP

saerni.2584

I ignored that part of what you wrote because it was subjective. I disagree with your opinion that 80 games is enough and 120 is too much.

I didn’t play that much last season and I got 120+ games in. If a game is 10 minutes long on average then 15 per week is 150 minutes per week or 2.5 hours of game time.

Maxing the WvW rewards is like 10-20 hours per week depending on rank. 120 games is nothing.

Thief (Daredevil)

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I used to play 300+ games per season…. 120 is nothing really. The problem is just match quality and wonky rank gain/losses. Lack of rewards is not helping either. Hence why 120 seems like a lot. Game is not fun.

I agree with you here. On all points. PvP used to be really fun, with above avg match quality. Now imo match quality is so low. That it’s simply no where as fun.

Then when you add in the blatant match manipulation META. It just drains even more of your will to do it as consistently.

Then on top of those two when you are losing -20 because of match manipulation. But only will gain about +5 for somehow successfully 4v5ing to a victory. At that point you lose nearly all you will to participate in Ranked PvP.

More so when you can spend the same 2 to 3 hours a day in PvE land. And get a pre to drop for you. On top of all of the bags of loot and what now.

At current time in my opinion. The only thing GW2’s Ranked PvP is good for, is AP and title farming. Nothing more, there is nothing competitive about this scene. Because ANet is not willing to do the grunt work. To make it least favorable to win via trading on smurf accounts. Because lets face it. PvP rank 20 is a joke to get. Some players even report getting at around 2 hours of first starting to PvP.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

30 hours each quarter, or 120hours per year.

Just stop with the casualism.

Not even 30. More like 22-24 hours or so. 10 minute games and a 2 minute queue would get you to about 24 but that may be a little higher then what it actually is my queues are not 2 min on average probably more like 1 min 30 seconds. Over an 8 week season that is three hours a week. To me that is the definition of casual. This isn’t candy crush or a game you play on your smartphone.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

a 2 minute queue would get you to about 24 but that may be a little higher then what it actually is my queues are not 2 min on average probably more like 1 min 30 seconds

During the last few weeks of seasons my queues times tend to be between 10-25 minutes on average

And I know its worse for top 10 people with things like 50 minute queues

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

just imo

120 games are fine

but the Decay needs to be adjusted for me…

i was always for real life stuff for only 1 week and got decayed from The top to bottom just like that …

no more playing the season after that ….

Aye, I think that 120 games would fit just right. Competitive quality can’t feature casuals if we want good matches. If someone is casual, that’s fine, just stay in unranked. However, decay could use a little good touch because last season I also lost my resolve after real life deals kept me away from playing and once I came back to a lot of “dice throw” matches, I decided to stay low and save my… friendly attitude towards PvP game mode. Also I’d like to point out that word “casual” falls prey to subjectivity. I’ve seen people who come and go for some dailies and they may look like randoms, but I bet that some of them would beat legendary players into submission. It’s just… not everyone has the time, but the skill is at the right place.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

WvW doesn’t have seasons so it’s ongoing. You can just do the pvp league until you get to byzantium or are satisfied with your rank, and then go WvW either during the PvP league season or during the off season.

120 games are too much

in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

WvW doesn’t have seasons so it’s ongoing. You can just do the pvp league until you get to byzantium or are satisfied with your rank, and then go WvW either during the PvP league season or during the off season.

I just want to clarify something, this isn’t about me. I play more than 120 games per season usually.

The 120 req was implemented to stop people from only playing 1 game occasionally to cancel decay AND to squeeze more playtime out of the current playerbase to make the ques more populated.

I’m just making an observation of how this has the OPPOSITE effect ALREADY, where a lot of people are playing less than before, not more. That’s obviously a bad thing for everyone.

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I haven’t noticed less people playing though. I just queued during off hours on plat and found matches relatively quickly. But the season just started so…

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

120 games may seems a big number, but if you break it to 3 games daily it is peanut. if you can’t commit peanut i don’t know what to say…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

120 games are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

yes its a big number. I had only one high play season. It was S5 where i reached over 300 matches … Before that i were at about 100 and S6 i think about 50. 3/day is not peanut anymore. 120 means that only very active PvP players are ranked and not casuals.