+-15 Pips Matchmaking Ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Zeuy.1920

Zeuy.1920

In ranked, is the matchmaking supposed to be pairing you against people within /-15pips? Because I am consistently being matched with people who are 20 pips ahead of me. I know because I am about the bottom of my divisions (sapphire, now ruby), and facing people who are at LEAST the bottom of the division ahead of me (ruby, now diamond).

Edit: And I have the highest pip among people I’m queuing with.

(edited by Zeuy.1920)

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It has been released multiple times after X amount of time it expands the pip range further the longer the queue is

in PvP

Posted by: Zeuy.1920

Zeuy.1920

But it shouldn’t be doing that with a fast queue? My queues are generally under 3 minutes. Maybe I’m just unlucky. TY

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Thought it was +/- 15 of your whole team?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It’s not just based on your queue it’s other players as well, so diamond and legendary or emerald have long queues and makes your queue times faster

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

But it shouldn’t be doing that with a fast queue? My queues are generally under 3 minutes. Maybe I’m just unlucky. TY

If the system has determined there’s no one else in the queue for you based on the other guys having been queued for 15 minutes, then sure, why not?

Regardless, the match making is 100% kitten, no matter what you ask, no matter what the answers might be :D

in PvP

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I have the same question as OP. I get into a match after a very short queue time. Waiting time was so short I almost missed the match as I was getting coffee. That takes less than a minute. After the match (that we lost) I saw that I was the only one in Amber, the rest was in Emerald and two were in Sapphire. I am 3 pips away from Emerald, so someone in Sapphire is at least 23 pips in front of me. That surprised me. I did not queued with someone else, so that can’t be a factor.

I thought the reason could be that I played on another character than I usually do PvP with and that I had a better win-rate on this character. But that wasn’t the case. I have a 31% win-rate on this char and a 50% win-rate on my normal PvP characters. So if character is a factor I should have had an easier match, not one with Sapphire players!

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The minimum Anet should do is to prevent people from loosing pips if you are matched with teams who have a high probability to win, similar to season 1.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I have the same question as OP. I get into a match after a very short queue time. Waiting time was so short I almost missed the match as I was getting coffee. That takes less than a minute. After the match (that we lost) I saw that I was the only one in Amber, the rest was in Emerald and two were in Sapphire. I am 3 pips away from Emerald, so someone in Sapphire is at least 23 pips in front of me. That surprised me. I did not queued with someone else, so that can’t be a factor.

I thought the reason could be that I played on another character than I usually do PvP with and that I had a better win-rate on this character. But that wasn’t the case. I have a 31% win-rate on this char and a 50% win-rate on my normal PvP characters. So if character is a factor I should have had an easier match, not one with Sapphire players!

23 pips is still in the +-15 pip range. You might not have noticed but you aren’t always the “center”.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

23 pips is still in the +-15 pip range. You might not have noticed but you aren’t always the “center”.

I’ve been noticing that if I queue during off-times I’ll get a HUMONGOUS spread. Diamond in with Emerald, Ruby with Amber, me in the middle in Sapphire. +/- 60ish pips, sometimes up to 40 below me and up to 35 above me (but not at the same time). Whether this is me being “close enough” to diamond and a diamond guy drags his low buddy in in a group I dunno.