15th april patch will fail when you dont ....

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

remove the buttons in hotjoin to choose your team

all the work on pvp to bring new players to pvp will be wasted when you dont make hotjoin RANDOM ONLY again

i started to play ele now and did some hotjoins in last 2 weeks and ALL Hotjoin matches is 1 side fullwith hotjoin heros farming new players

just go in a hotjoin match and check it – one side full with rank 40-50 (even 60) farming rank 1-6 players until they leave

before custom arena patch we had random only in hotjoins and this should be done on 15th again or all the new players will leave again after did some steps in hotjoin and get stomped without a chance

p.s. sry for my english – but you guys dont read german forum

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

agreed, that button needs to go!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Hotjoin, the disease of gw2 pvp.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

doesnt the reward trakcs go faster with solo and team tournaments as well?!?

if not ill probly hotjoin my kitten off
mhm.. idk probly not

simply reducing the rewards in hotjoin would already be enough i feel

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

Wholeheartedly +1

The sooner hotjoin gets replaced the better.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Hotjoin should have a max lvl cap,be it 20 or 30.
No one should be allowed to advance to higher ranks via hotjoin.
Same should be for yolo Q.Up to 50 or 60 rank.
To reach rank 80 you should only be able to do that by joining the
team tournaments.
The fact that players can achieve max lvl via the joke that is hotjoin,
tells you everything you need to know about the present and the near
future of PvP.
Anet can do more to protect PvP without making the game
unfriendly to the casual player base.
You’d still be able to access all pvp modes at any level,you’d still get loot
from hotjoins even when at the max lvl cap for that mode,but you
would not be able to farm your way to max lvl,and kitten in the face of
the few remaining players in the more challenging modes.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

doesnt the reward trakcs go faster with solo and team tournaments as well?!?

The rewards for solo and team queue are higher. However, you spend time sitting in queue for those, they’re often longer games than hot join, and winning in solo queue is the same reward as a loss in team queue and more than a loss in solo queue. So if you stack hot join teams in an 8v8, you can get far more rank points per hour than solo queue.

They should just turn off all rewards for hot join after a certain rank.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Romek.4201

this treat was not made for rewards or rank …. i dont rly care about rank

i made it to help new players not getting farmed(stomped) by much more experienced players and lose all fun in pvp

this is not what we need

in PvP

butch.8136

^ Again. Drop hotjoin, get unranked queu’s for some casual fun, testing etc. Let the MMR do it’s job there.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

You don’t even need un-ranked queues for solo queue. Just get rid of all rewards from hot join and everyone will shift to solo queue and the match-making system should sort out skill level.

Hot join will still be around for custom arenas and testing.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

+1 to this, remove the rewards. Hotjoin should be casual fun, not a place for people to farm without effort or as alternative to solo/team que.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Or keep Hotjoin for people that want HOTJOIN.

I mean it is almost like people have a preference that is different from yours. The people that want to PvP are going to eventually get sick of hotjoin and move on up.

So no hotjoin needs to stay mainly because there are different types of players and catering to the few (you guys) has never been a recipe of success.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

It’s not catering to the new players ether, though. In fact it’s even more detrimental to the game as new players are generally trying to experience the pvp for the first time. It’s not fun being stacked up against overwhelming odds of 4 to 5 rank 45-60 players as a rank 1-20 player. They WILL get stomped; again and again. The new players end up with bruised knees and saying, “Well at least I got my daily done.” then move on instead of playing more pvp.

Above all else, people need to be matched up to other players according to their skill level. This should be a basic, core understanding of Anet – which they don’t seem to understand.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Just do this:

1. Rated team queue: The ‘serious’ queue with TotSS, Khylo, Niflhel, Foefire. 1500 rank point rewards
2. Rated Solo Queue: Solo play only with TotSS, Khylo, Niflhel, Foefire. 1000 rank point rewards
3. Unrated Queue: Casual queue with anywhere from 1-5 party members. TotSS, Khylo, Niflhel, Foefire, Spirit Watch, Skyhammer. 750 rank point rewards
4. Hotjoin is maintained as an 8v8 game mode on a number of public custom arenas. Maybe on the new deathmatch arena. Hotjoin rewards 250 rank points per win.
5. Hotjoin is now manual join from the server list only and the “Play Now” now is changed to the “Unrated Game” button.
6. New players must be at least rank 20 to participate in Ranked Queues
7. New players MMR starts out at 25%, meaning they have to work their way up the leaderboards and are not immediately paired with top players

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

butch.8136

I mean it is almost like people have a preference that is different from yours. The people that want to PvP are going to eventually get sick of hotjoin and move on up.

So no hotjoin needs to stay mainly because there are different types of players and catering to the few (you guys) has never been a recipe of success.

Whats fun about hotjoin?
Whats hotjoin about?

Serious questions. I don’t see why we can’t motivate people to do queues. Queues that have MMR (so when populated, create balanced matches), no auto-balancing, etc.

Hotjoin is a separate gamemode atm and it’s a real crappy one at that.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

That’s a question easily answered, in hotjoin :

1) You don’t have to care about winning, thus you don’t have to care about capping which is awfully boring after some time

2) You won’t necessarily fight the meta builds, quite a few people are playing builds for lulz. You can also try to 1v2 or 1v3 noobs, which can prove hilarious.

3) Since you don’t need to win, if someone is playing a very annoying build (decap engi, MM necro) then you don’t need to fight him. That’s actually very refreshing.

You may not like HJ, but when the meta is teribad I’d rather go there and have fun with friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

team tournaments.
The fact that players can achieve max lvl via the joke that is hotjoin,
tells you everything you need to know about the present and the near
future of PvP.
Anet can do more to protect PvP without making the game
unfriendly to the casual player base.
You’d still be able to access all pvp modes at any level,you’d still get loot
from hotjoins even when at the max lvl cap for that mode,but you
would not be able to farm your way to max lvl,and kitten in the face of
the few remaining players in the more challenging modes.

thats ridiculous! i’ve pretty much hotjoined my way to 43, i’ve probably played 15 tournament games at the most.
i play fun none meta builds and hotjoin has been great for that.
its only with this recent meta that hotjoin has become an unplayable cesspool of meta filth, before now there was always a meta, but it was atleast fun

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

team tournaments.

So there should be limitations in place because you dislike both soloQ and quickjoin? No.

Play anything you want up to 80 and accept the fact that your rank means squat when it comes to skill.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Whats fun about hotjoin?
Whats hotjoin about?

Serious questions. I don’t see why we can’t motivate people to do queues. Queues that have MMR (so when populated, create balanced matches), no auto-balancing, etc.

I wont pretend to speak for the people that enjoy HOTJOIN.

The good thing for people that like hotjoin is, it probably wont go away just because a bunch of self important players think it should (you would be an example of that). Its existence doesn’t negatively impact yours in any meaningful way other than you hate seeing other players having fun.
Everyday you have threads of people whining and kittening how other players (HJ heroes) are ruining their Tpvp or SoloQ. for whatever idiotic reason they can come up with for the day and now you want to completely force to subject themselves to the typical “hardcore” PvP rants that flood this forum.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

They need make hotjoin the place to learn. That means removing the team switch button and randomize teams when you join. It would be nice to have some area of the game where people could learn rotations and rolls, instead of mindlessly zeroing around not even caring about anything.
A major issue is that no one cares if they win or lose therefore they don’t care about their own personal play. Rewarding bad play only emboldens bad players to keep making mistakes and unfortunately there is nothing to show people what they are doing wrong or how to improve.
Also, I’ve seen as many bad players in solo q and team q as I have in hotjoin. I stopped soloqing because I lost count of how many times I would be capping a point and someone on my team would come and stand on the point when there are zero enemies around. They probably learn that from hotjoin because there that’s ok. They need to make hotjoin a teaching tool for good play rather than the zergfest kitten play it teaches now.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

In GW1, I savored every Gladiator Point I earned, because I knew I had earned every one of them. I miss that feeling in GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Also remove downstate.

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

I would have to agree, I don’t personally join soloQ or teamQ very often. I do enjoy just casual hotjoin matches, but I have noticed the trend of higher rank players that know how to stack teams grow. It’s very frustrating with you are stuck with 5+ people that are low rank not knowing what to do. Yes, you can tell them what is going on, where to go, or obj of each map, however it doesn’t help when they go down all the time. I never was much of a pvper before, I used to play WoW battlegrounds, but being stuck on the wrong faction (alliance or horde) didn’t help if your faction lost 9/10 matches ALL the time. What got me started in pvp here was the system built to randomize players each map change. I loved it, that meant if you lost one map or well, next map you may have a better rotation of players. There wasn’t camping or stacking to get an advantage. But now having an advantage is allowed? I mean seriously I can imagine a lower rank player hardly having any time to react or learn what the kitten just happened…So my point is that I totally agree with removing the option to choose a side. Why can’t it be coded to allow side joining in custom arena for certain settings? I can understand not having to re-code for different purposes, but code for settings should be easy to change right? So now I find myself drifting more and more into PvE since PvP is nothing but a RAGE inducing wtf happened to common sense game setting balance….and pve is just boring.

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

With april 15th there is no sense to do soloqueue and teamqueue for rewards

U get everything in hot join faster. And it’s a no sense.

Soloqueue and teamqueue deserve dedicated reward tracks.

in PvP

butch.8136

Whats fun about hotjoin?
Whats hotjoin about?

I wont pretend to speak for the people that enjoy HOTJOIN.

The good thing for people that like hotjoin is, it probably wont go away just because a bunch of self important players think it should (you would be an example of that). Its existence doesn’t negatively impact yours in any meaningful way other than you hate seeing other players having fun.
Everyday you have threads of people whining and kittening how other players (HJ heroes) are ruining their Tpvp or SoloQ. for whatever idiotic reason they can come up with for the day and now you want to completely force to subject themselves to the typical “hardcore” PvP rants that flood this forum.

It indirectly impacts the Q experience. People stay in hotjoin, farm hotjoin, learn the wrong mechanics (< new people) and are not motivated at all to try queuing.

About “hotjoin heroes” messing up the Q-experience. This shouldn’t be the case if there was a decent population and the MMR would do it’s job (granted it’s not broken). But even then competitive pvp will always have it’s QQ and flaming. That’s it’s nature. You can combat this by providing the right tools and reducing the opportunities to do these things.

GW2 pvp is conquest, whether you like it or not. Hotjoin has just become a wannabe deathmatch that is in no way balanced nor is it made for that purpose. The worst thing about it is the rewards. As I’ve said before there is no incentive to Q.

I do understand that people just want to yolo around a bit. Why wouldn’t this be possible in an unrated queue with appropriate rewards?

But even then, some people wouldn’t like the unrated Q environment/experience because even that would be too ‘serious’. Well for those people you can have some hotjoinservers and CA’s, but with no rewards at all or atleast very little.

GW2 wants a competitive pvp (=conquest) experience. I’m not saying this is what we like or not. But they should atleast build the entire pvp system around it. Balancing the rewards is one aspect of that. And since the beginning of the game, hotjoin has been detrimental to that.

I’m very aware they won’t ever do it but I still want to share my opinion on the matter. I hope that doesn’t make me too self important.

Here’s hoping for a good implementation of ladders/seasons.

in PvP

Romek.4201

you dont wanna understand there are many people which jsut wanna pvp and DONT care for leaderboards mmr soloQ or teamQ?

this is an mmo and need this casual pvp – its like this in all games

and i have some friends which play hotjoin and simply hate solo or teamQ for reasons like :

• why they should wait 3-5 min for a match?
  • what leaderboard? most players in gw2 dont even know there is a leaderboard
  • just dont wanna care for teamplay and fokus only on his toon
  • … other reasons

myself i play solo/teamQ only but i can understand this people and trie to force this people in soloQ/teamQ with removing hotjoin would simply make them leave pvp or gw2 complete

so stop this nonsense and let this people play the mode they have fun with and come back to the threadthema

i opend tread to help new players not getting stomped/farmed in hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

My soloQ has rarely reached 3 minutes of waiting, never 5.. In reality the waiting period is probably closer to 1-1½min.

I do think it is utterly silly that you can farm rewards and ranks in quickjoin and would happily see them remove the progressive tracks and rank gains from it, it IS a casual gamemode and should be treated as such.

in PvP

butch.8136

you dont wanna understand there are many people which jsut wanna pvp and DONT care for leaderboards mmr soloQ or teamQ?

this is an mmo and need this casual pvp – its like this in all games

and i have some friends which play hotjoin and simply hate solo or teamQ for reasons like :

• what leaderboard? most players in gw2 dont even know there is a leaderboard
  • just dont wanna care for teamplay and fokus only on his toon
  • … other reasons

myself i play solo/teamQ only but i can understand this people and trie to force this people in soloQ/teamQ with removing hotjoin would simply make them leave pvp or gw2 complete

so stop this nonsense and let this people play the mode they have fun with and come back to the threadthema

i opend tread to help new players not getting stomped/farmed in hotjoin

You didn’t understand my post. But I’ll refrain from explaining as it’s indeed off-topic.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I would want hotjoin to be random too… Not only the matchups is wonky but I sometimes do hotjoins with my girlfriend and well we don’t care if you end up on different teams but sometimes we don’t and when that happens we sometimes own enemy team … If other players are doing this and aim to come in friend groups or “The best” team… It’s not realy hot-join then is it?

And on other notes… I have only played teamQ once becouse a friend asked me too… I only play in Hot-join since I like to just do some quick PvP when I have a little time over to play. I am pretty sure I wouldn’t go PvP if Hot-join where removed.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No!

If you don’t like it, go play yolo queue and leave us alone.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant